If Noah's flood was a legend why should anyone trust Jesus?

6days

The Genesis flood is in a sense easier to demonstrate than creation is. Part of that is chronological; as you investigate residue evidence, you come to indicators of the flood before you do creation, although you might say creation is the evidence that is hidden in plain sight, right?
You have seen hundreds of 'indicators of creation' today. (love, language, laughter, etc)
Romans 1:20 "For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God"

6days

I know, the NT. What did you expect? Why don't you try the Scriptures Jesus always referred to as the Word of God aka the Tanach? The NT Jesus never even dreamed it would ever rise.
Jesus: "For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me."

The first mention of Jesus is in Genesis 3:15 "And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."
In all human history, there is only One who is the seed of a woman... The Lord Jesus.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
How can you be sure that they misremembered what Jesus said about Noah?

?

?

How do you know that?

Jesus knew the OT contained human error because he had common sense and didn't live under the deluding influence of fear.

The earth is very old and man evolved at least 1 million years ago, thats why we dig up layers of ancient life and pre human bones.

No other culture on earth remembers being related to the Jews. The Chinese ancient dynasties have no Hebrew relatives. The aborigines of Australia have been there 70,000 years. The American Indians have been in America for at least 45,000 years.

Here is a clue, the same corrupt preistly class that conspired to kill Jesus authored the Torah.

Krsto

If teaching with parables doesn't invalidate The Great Teacher why would teaching using fables invalidate him? If a parable never happened and we can get spiritual truth from it why can't a fable never happen and we still get spiritual truth from it? I think Jesus used both for teaching purposes as long as there was truth he could get out of it for our benefit. That's also quite consistent with ancient near east storytelling - a lost art in our culture, though I do know some pastors that will show movie clips from fables like Star Wars if they can draw some truth from it.

6days

Jesus knew the OT contained human error because he had common sense and didn't live under the deluding influence of fear.
Caono..... your beliefs are illogical and inconsistemt. You claim Jesus was a great teacher but you pick and choose what to believe recorded in the Bible.
And... not that scripture makes any difference to you but Jesus affirmed the OT in many ways as a source of absolute authority.

6days

@username.... Jesus: "If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me."

6days

Kristo said:
If teaching with parables doesn't invalidate The Great Teacher why would teaching using fables invalidate him? If a parable never happened and we can get spiritual truth from it why can't a fable never happen and we still get spiritual truth from it? I think Jesus used both for teaching purposes as long as there was truth he could get out of it for our benefit. That's also quite consistent with ancient near east storytelling - a lost art in our culture, though I do know some pastors that will show movie clips from fables like Star Wars if they can draw some truth from it.

You are compromising. Why not believe the virgin birth is just a myth? Perhaps the resurrection is just a good story to teach a lesson?

Christ referred to the writings of Moses more than any other part of the Bible. He refers to it as real history. The gospel and every Christian doctrine is founded in the first few books of the Bible.

Jesus essentially told people that the gospel is diluted or destroyed if you don't believe Moses. ( He said "If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me.")

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Caono..... your beliefs are illogical and inconsistemt. You claim Jesus was a great teacher but you pick and choose what to believe recorded in the Bible.
And... not that scripture makes any difference to you but Jesus affirmed the OT in many ways as a source of absolute authority.

Jesus never used the term "absolute authority" in reference to the Old Testiment. You are desperate to justify right wing claims made by the corrupt men of the church.

I find it very logical that the Hebrew redactors could not trace their bloodlines back to Adam so they used a local flood myth to whipe out the world and cover up the huge gap.

Krsto

You are compromising. Why not believe the virgin birth is just a myth? Perhaps the resurrection is just a good story to teach a lesson?

Christ referred to the writings of Moses more than any other part of the Bible. He refers to it as real history. The gospel and every Christian doctrine is founded in the first few books of the Bible.

Jesus essentially told people that the gospel is diluted or destroyed if you don't believe Moses. ( He said "If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me.")

You don't get it do you. Believing in Moses doesn't equate with believing Moses never made use of fable in his writings. I believe the creation story is fable, but I also believe Moses.

6days

You don't get it do you. Believing in Moses doesn't equate with believing Moses never made use of fable in his writings. I believe the creation story is fable, but I also believe Moses.
That compromise leads to a weakened or destroyed gospel.
*If Christ and other Bible authors refer to Genesis as real history, then why should we believe other things they said?
* If first Adam was allegorical, then why did Last Adam have to suffer physical death?
*If Adam and Eve were mythical, then at what point in the genealogies does it become historical?
* Since all Christian doctrine is founded in the first few books of Genesis, we are basing our faith and doctrine on fables?
* Is it ok to apply your logic to everything else in the Bible...IE, why not believe the physical resurrection was a fable?
ETC ETC.... Your belief is a compromise to scripture. It compromises what Christ taught.

Sonnet

That compromise leads to a weakened or destroyed gospel.
*If Christ and other Bible authors refer to Genesis as real history, then why should we believe other things they said?
* If first Adam was allegorical, then why did Last Adam have to suffer physical death?
*If Adam and Eve were mythical, then at what point in the genealogies does it become historical?
* Since all Christian doctrine is founded in the first few books of Genesis, we are basing our faith and doctrine on fables?
* Is it ok to apply your logic to everything else in the Bible...IE, why not believe the physical resurrection was a fable?
ETC ETC.... Your belief is a compromise to scripture. It compromises what Christ taught.

Thanks 6days - that is exactly the point of the OP. There would be no good reason to have faith in Christ if He was wrong just once.

Sonnet

Do you have proof?

The earth is very old and man evolved at least 1 million years ago, thats why we dig up layers of ancient life and pre human bones.

I didn't speak of the age of the earth in the OP and neither does the Bible.

No other culture on earth remembers being related to the Jews. The Chinese ancient dynasties have no Hebrew relatives. The aborigines of Australia have been there 70,000 years. The American Indians have been in America for at least 45,000 years.

That isn't necessarily significant is it?

Here is a clue, the same corrupt preistly class that conspired to kill Jesus authored the Torah.

And the theory of evolution was written by saints?

Sonnet

Ok - but if the world 'destroyed by water' (2 Peter 3:6) was a fable then the world to be destroyed by fire might also be a future fable (ibid. v.7). A local fire in a large city? Region of a country?

Why should we take Peter's / Jesus' warnings seriously?

Why should I believe Jesus?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't say they were proof.

Why aren't they good arguments Stripe?

The moron making the commentary cherry-picked a few lines from a vast body of work and ignored the substantive explanations given fit what we see in the rock layers.

He picked a few deas that are just plain silly, made then sillier, and pretended he had addressed flood theory.

He also ignored the fatal flaws in the evolutionary model.