If Evolution

6days

2003cobra said:
Hebrew scholars who wrote these notes to the NET Bible.

We can find Hebrew scholars who have differing opinions on many things. But what does SCRIPTURE say? Even the NET Bible tells us 2 categories of plants did not yet exist when man was created. You seem to reject the Hebrew, and the 22 major translations that differ from the liberal "notes" / opinions you prefer. God's Word is consistent throughout. Jesus combined a verse from Genesis 1 and another from Genesis 2 "Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?" Jesus obviously didn't believe there was separate and contradictory accounts... I don't either.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you're saying that if the Bible repeats figurative language, that converts it to a literal history?

Stupid, stupid Blablarian.

Assuming the truth of your idea and using it as evidence is called begging the question. A logical fallacy.

Genesis is historical narrative.

You need good reason to convince us that "six days" does not mean what it plainly says.

6days

2003cobra said:
... better is what Jesus actually said than what you pretend He said!

Jesus said "If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?" John 5 46,47

6days

2003cobra said:
By the way, 6 days, Jesus forgave sins before He died. I hope you do not think that was presumptuous and inappropriate of Him to do. An example...
Good, thanks for trying to answer... the partial answer is good. But, are you suggesting that the cross was unnecessary for the forgiveness of sin? You seem to reject Heb. 9:22 that "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." The question remains... Why did Jesus need physically die?

6days

I have another activity in this mission. I support the work of one of the people involved in Biologos.
Biologist supports heretical viewpoints. Many Christians and even atheists understand Biologos has an illogical theology. An atheist on Jerry Coynes website sums up the illogical stance of Biologos. "Thus BioLogos has no actual principle to stand on when they oppose a literal reading of Genesis but support a literal reading of a story of a virgin birth."
Someone else makes the comment
"… Do you ever get tired of tying yourself into a pretzel trying to ignore obvious logical implications, and to keep others from noting them?"
https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress...h-the-fundies/

Atheists are mocking Biologos for is their inconsistency. Both the creation and the resurrection are told as historical accounts. Both have symbolism and theological implications.

Another comment from an atheist on the same site..."BioLogos has no actual principle to stand on when they oppose a literal reading of Genesis but support a literal reading of a story of a virgin birth"

Atheists note the inconsistency of Biologos without even understanding how the Biologos position is inconsistent with the Gospel. If first Adam is only allegorical then the Last Dams physical death was unnecessary.

Perhaps the heresy and faith destroying belief system of Biologos is best exposed in the words of their frequent contributor Karl Gilberson. He explained how evolution changed him..."It etched holes in those parts of Christianity connected to these stories—the fall, ‘Christ as second Adam’, the origins of sin, and nearly everything else that I counted sacred."
{From Gilbersons (heretical) book Saving Darwin: How to be a Christian and Believe in Evolution}

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 1 and 2 outline an account of the origins of the universe, the Earth and all that fills it. It reads as intending to convey history and the rest of scripture does nothing to counter that idea.

This leaves Darwinists with a problem: They need Genesis to be "allegory."

To be convincing in their attempts to persuade others of their idea, they need to give compelling reason for why "six days" cannot mean what it plainly says.

However, they never do this. Instead, they pretend like the passages plainly say "evolution" and demand answers from the Creationist.

Highly irrational behavior.

CherubRam

Genesis 1 and 2 outline an account of the origins of the universe, the Earth and all that fills it. It reads as intending to convey history and the rest of scripture does nothing to counter that idea.

This leaves Darwinists with a problem: They need Genesis to be "allegory."

To be convincing in their attempts to persuade others of their idea, they need to give compelling reason for why "six days" cannot mean what it plainly says.

However, they never do this. Instead, they pretend like the passages plainly say "evolution" and demand answers from the Creationist.

Highly irrational behavior.

The creation days are epochs of time. The bible does not say how old the world is. That does not mean that I believe life evolved on this planet. God first created the heavens. The bible does not say how much time passed after that, only that later God created this world. This world was a ball of water without any form. Because it was not frozen, that means that the sun was already present.The bible says that God evolved, and that later He created.

2003cobra

Er, no. "IF" you'd ever paid attention, you'd know AIG and ICR have met that erroneous accusation efficiently and put it to rest in the 'batty idea grave' long ago.
I am aware of those organizations and their denials of both the text of the scriptures and the evidence that God has given us in creation.

2003cobra

We can find Hebrew scholars who have differing opinions on many things. But what does SCRIPTURE say? Even the NET Bible tells us 2 categories of plants did not yet exist when man was created. You seem to reject the Hebrew, and the 22 major translations that differ from the liberal "notes" / opinions you prefer. God's Word is consistent throughout. Jesus combined a verse from Genesis 1 and another from Genesis 2 "Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?" Jesus obviously didn't believe there was separate and contradictory accounts... I don't either.

My, my.

It says man was formed “back before anything was growing.”

The two categories it mentions are wild and domesticated. That is all of them.

Please review your post.

You may want to correct the mistakes.

2003cobra

Jesus said "If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?" John 5 46,47

Of course this doesn’t say that Moses wrote the two creation stories.

2003cobra

Good, thanks for trying to answer... the partial answer is good. But, are you suggesting that the cross was unnecessary for the forgiveness of sin? You seem to reject Heb. 9:22 that "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness." The question remains... Why did Jesus need physically die?

This is off topic from the fact that two creation stories with mutually exclusive orders and methods of creation exist.

But if you want to discuss it, feel free to open another thread and invite me to participate.

You can start by explaining how Jesus forgave sins, and said He had the power to do so, during His ministry before His death. That fact seems to contradict your views.

2003cobra

6 days writes:
Biologist supports heretical viewpoints. Many Christians and even atheists understand Biologos has an illogical theology. An atheist on Jerry Coynes website sums up the illogical stance of Biologos. "Thus BioLogos has no actual principle to stand on when they oppose a literal reading of Genesis but support a literal reading of a story of a virgin birth."

This is such an irrational position!

It is difficult to believe that you would use such a statement.

It implies a person must read everything in the Bible as literal history or he has “no principle to stand on.”

So, do you view everything in the Bible as literal history?

For example, as stated twice in scripture, did God really save David from Saul by flying down on a cherubim with smoking coming from his nostrils while hurling lightning bolts?

If you answer no, then your view is hypocritical.

Also, when Jesus handed the Apostles the wine and the cup at the Last Supper, was it really his blood and flesh?

How far do you want to go with this hypocrisy?

2003cobra

Genesis 1 and 2 outline an account of the origins of the universe, the Earth and all that fills it...

Two accounts, with different orders and methods of creation.

And the orders and methods of creation are mutually exclusive as literal history.

So the claim that they are actual history is contrary to what is revealed in scripture.

CherubRam

See what I mean?

Bible: "Six days."

Darwinists: "Billions of years."

Based on what? Their word.

[FONT=&quot]Epoch of time.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

God said:

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Genesis 2:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Genesis 3:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

After Adam ate the fruit, he continued to live for nearly a thousand years, until he finally died. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Psalm 90:4[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For a thousand years in your sight are like a day[/FONT][FONT=&quot] that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hosea 6:2[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After two days he will revive us[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; upon the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]2 Peter 3:8[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With the Lord a day is like a thousand years,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and a thousand years are like a day. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Psalm 90:4[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]2 Peter 3:8[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hosea 6:2[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The resurrection of the elect is after two thousand years, and the third day is the end of the thousand years, and it is the resurrection of the sheep and goats.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

The creation days are epochs of time, and the age of the Earth is not accounted for.
It is not until the creation of Adam on the sixth day that the calendar begins. The fact that life forms have a limited adaptability according to their design is no proof of Evolution.

What real proof is there of one species departing from its basic form? Artist drawings do not count as scientific fact.
If Evolution was true, then why have the oldest prehistoric life forms alive today not evolved?
In the rock strata of fossils, it shows that while one group suddenly went extinct, others suddenly sprang into being.

6days

2003cobra said:
You can start by explaining how Jesus forgave sins, and said He had the power to do so, during His ministry before His death. That fact seems to contradict your views.
As I suggested before, theistic evolutionists don't really seem to understand the Gospel. If you believe Jesus blood (death) was not necessary for forgiveness of your sin... and everyone else's sin (past and present); then you seem to think the cross was meaningless.

So, the question remains, Why did Jesus need to physically die? Even atheists understand and mock Biologos, and other theistic evolutionists for their inconsistent beliefs. Those inconsistent beliefs result from a rejection of the foundation of the Gospel found in the first books of the Bible.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why can't you just conclude that until the sun was created, light emanated from somewhere/something/Someone else?
Exactly. Matthew 17:2 KJV perhaps.
:think:

John 1...