I would like to discuss 'The Plot' with Bob

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Bob wrote that the 12 should have expected to begin going to Gentiles at some point. Didn't they already know the order as to when they would? Bob has God redirecting them to go only to the Jews citing Galatians 2:9. And that because of Israel's unbelief God "repealed the Great Commission of the Circumcision to go to all nations". Why would he say God redirected them? Was not their direction clear from the getgo? I don't see where God "repealed" the so called GC either. Why would Bob think the GC was supposed to be happening already that it could be repealed?

Bob also wrote that Matthew 10-5-6 KJV (he uses NKJV)~"This restriction-to not preach to the Gentiles-was officially rescinded after the resurrection" (citing Matthew 28:19 KJV; Mark 16:15 KJV; Luke 24:47 KJV; Acts 1:8 KJV again, not KJV in the text)

Matthew 10:5-6 KJV rescinded?

Yes it was rescinded. Because of the events of Matthew 12.

Posted from the TOL App!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes it was rescinded. Because of the events of Matthew 12.

Posted from the TOL App!
I know that they were commanded to "Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel in Matthew 10, but I don't see as The Plot suggests; that God "repealed the Great Commission". I don't believe for one minute they were to YET, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:..." until the appointed time. That's why I don't understand why The Plot went where it did.

SaulToPaul 2

I know that they were commanded to "Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel in Matthew 10, but I don't see as The Plot suggests; that God "repealed the Great Commission". I don't believe for one minute they were to YET, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:..." until the appointed time. That's why I don't understand why The Plot went where it did.

Yes, sister heir. Correctamundo!
They understood Matthew 10:23

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

The Gospel of the Kingdom was preached to Israel and offered to Israel by the very Messiah of Israel. His offer was rejected in chapter 12 after performing a messianic miracle only that was only doable by the real messiah according to what the Pharisees of the first century taught, the casting out of a mute demon.

When the casting out of the mute demon occurred Yeshua forced the people to make a decision concerning His Messianic claim. Had they responded correctly to their own question; is not this the Son of David?
Then Yeshua would have set up the kingdom then and there. They did not. They asked that question of the Jewish leaders (who were hatin) and the Jewish leaders explained to the people why Yeshua performed that miracle which they were taught from their youth up that only the Messiah when He comes could perform.

From here the gospel of the kingdom which is the future messianic kingdom was rescinded and He began to teach the disciples how He must suffer and die. Later Yeshua will ask His disciples
Who do men say that I am? And who do you say that I am?

Not until after the resurrection does Yeshua completely expound the scriptures concerning His coming/rejection/coming again/ delivering the kingdom to Israel future.

We, the church are the mystery kingdom and our purpose is to proclaim the gospel of peace/salvation. The gospel of the kingdom will be preached to Israel again during the tribulation.

I have not read The Plot but was attracted to the thread after seeing TOL's more thoughtful members posting on it, no offense brother Bob E.

Posted from the TOL App!