I would like to discuss 'The Plot' with Bob

SaulToPaul 2

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I'd like to discuss with Bob some things written in 'The Plot'...if Bob is willing and has some free time here & there. :)

For starters:

1. Great Commission
2. Israel being "cut off"
3. Gentiles being "graffed in"
4. Acts 10:35
5. Covenant of Grace?

The Great Commission

Bob states on page 23 that a plot twist forced the Twelve to change their plans to evangelize all nations, and that they "loosed" themselves from the Great Commission when they understood the plot change.

Matthew 28
18: And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Question: Was Jesus Christ exercising all power in heaven and in earth at that time? Or was Satan still the prince of the power of the air?

Matthew 10
16: Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
17: But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18: And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19: But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20: For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
21: And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
22: And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
23: But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

The twelve knew well that they would not complete the Great Commission until the Son of Man sits on his throne in the Millenium.
It is then when he will be exercising all authority in heaven and in earth.

Look forward to discussing these things...hopefully!
STP

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but I'd like to discuss with Bob some things written in 'The Plot'...if Bob is willing and has some free time here & there. :)

For starters:

1. Great Commission
5. Covenant of Grace?

The Great Commission

Bob states on page 23 that a plot twist forced the Twelve to change their plans to evangelize all nations, and that they "loosed" themselves from the Great Commission when they understood the plot change.

Matthew 28
18: And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Question: Was Jesus Christ exercising all power in heaven and in earth at that time? Or was Satan still the prince of the power of the air?

Matthew 10
16: Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
17: But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18: And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19: But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20: For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
21: And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
22: And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
23: But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

The twelve knew well that they would not complete the Great Commission until the Son of Man sits on his throne in the Millenium.
It is then when he will be exercising all authority in heaven and in earth.

Look forward to discussing these things...hopefully!
STP

It's hard to know if he will see this thread, but this is probably as good a spot as any. I do know that Bob has a really busy week planned. Perhaps if you bump the thread every few days for a while he will see it.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame

Matthew 28

I am definitely not Bob so I hope you don't mind my intrusion.

Are you saying that despite being told to go and teach all nations the 12 knew that they actually wouldn't be going to all nations until after the tribulation?

If so, how do we know that the 12 knew, despite being told to go to all nations that they wouldn't be...yet?

Joel Finck has a brief "article" titled The Great, Greater, and Greatest Commission found here. You may have already read it but it is somewhat related (in regards to commissions).

SaulToPaul 2

Are you saying that despite being told to go and teach all nations the 12 knew that they actually wouldn't be going to all nations until after the tribulation?

Yes.

If so, how do we know that the 12 knew, despite being told to go to all nations that they wouldn't be...yet?

Matthew 10 is pretty clear...it's spans the tribulation, unto the end.

Also, it's pretty clear from the early Acts record that Peter didn't have any intention of going to Gentiles. His focus was on the Jersualem, Judea (Judah), and Samaria (Israel). The twelve even refused to leave Jerusalem upon the intense persecution. They knew the order of the Commission.

God more or less forced Peter's hand in sending him to Cornelius (Peter understood that it was out of order)! God, in his wisdom, was opening the door for Paul's Acts ministry...to certain types of Gentiles.

Joel Finck has a brief "article" titled The Great, Greater, and Greatest Commission found here. You may have already read it but it is somewhat related (in regards to commissions).

We aren't fulfilling the Great Commission (because Israel dropped the ball). It's an entirely different ministry, for an entirely different purpose. Genesis 1:1 (KJV). God didn't have a plan B. He had one two-fold plan. He kept his plan for his heavenly purpose secret in the old testament, while his plan for his earthly purpose unfolded.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
I am just trying to understand here. Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of the millennial reign.

Are you in agreement with The Plot that the tribulation etc... was supposed to have occurred already? If I remember correctly that is what Bob presents in The Plot. Gods program with Israel was put on hold with the conversion of Paul. If Israel would not have rejected the Messiah then the Tribulation would have happened and the millennial reign would have already begun. As a result it would have been then that the 12 (or at least those that remained after the tribulation) would have been commissioned to go to all the nations.

What is Christ doing during the millennial reign that he would need people to go out and convince others that He is the Messiah?

Thanks.

SaulToPaul 2

I am just trying to understand here. Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of the millennial reign.

No problem!

Are you in agreement with The Plot that the tribulation etc... was supposed to have occurred already? If I remember correctly that is what Bob presents in The Plot. Gods program with Israel was put on hold with the conversion of Paul. If Israel would not have rejected the Messiah then the Tribulation would have happened and the millennial reign would have already begun. As a result it would have been then that the 12 (or at least those that remained after the tribulation) would have been commissioned to go to all the nations.

No, I'm not in full agreement. Actually, in the prophets, it unfolds like this.

Messiah is cut off
He is raised from the dead
He ascends to the Father's right hand
Israel is offered the "acceptable year of the Lord"
Israel is cast away and dispersed into every nation under heaven
Israel regathers, the time of Jacob's trouble
Messiah returns
Kingdom reign

The twelve didn't fully understand the "times and the seasons" which the Father had put in his own power...they were looking for the tribulation with Jesus had warned them about.

But, he also warned them about this:

Luke 21
20: And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21: Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
22: For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23: But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
24: And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

This is fulfilled in 70ad, and is after the 69th week of Daniel, before the 70th week.

Daniel 9
26: And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27: And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

This bolded part is after the 69th week, before the 70th.

The persecution they faced in early Acts was a type of the great tribulation.

What is Christ doing during the millennial reign that he would need people to go out and convince others that He is the Messiah?

There will be Gentiles entering the Millenial kingdom who know nothing about God.

Matthew 25
34: Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37: Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38: When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39: Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40: And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

They are blessed with entrance into this kingdom because they blessed the Jews in their time of need. Genesis 12:1-3 (KJV)

Israel will teach these nations to keep the law!

Matthew 28
20: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Messiah is cut off
He is raised from the dead
He ascends to the Father's right hand
Israel is offered the "acceptable year of the Lord"
Israel is cast away and dispersed into every nation under heaven
Israel regathers, the time of Jacob's trouble
Messiah returns
Kingdom reign

Daniel 9
26: And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27: And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

What happened in 70 AD that correlates to the covenant for one week?

SaulToPaul 2

The Olive Tree, Romans 11, Were Jews "cut off" and Gentiles "graffed in"?

In the Plot, Bob states that the Jews were "cut off" sometime after the resurrection, certainly by Acts 9. As Paul was sent to the Gentiles in Acts 9, the Gentiles were "graffed in".

The Olive Tree represents Israel and their covenant blessings. These Romans believed the gospel of God, Romans 1:1-4 (KJV), that Jesus is the Son of God. But, they had not heard the gospel of Christ, Paul's "my gospel".

Romans 1
1: Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
2: (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
3: Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
4: And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Paul praised them for their faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Romans 1
7: To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
8: First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

But, they were not established...they did not have a mutual faith with Paul.

Romans 1
10: Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.
11: For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;
12: That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

Paul desired to preach the gospel of Christ to them, Paul's "my gospel"

Romans 1
15: So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
16: For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17: For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

So, we know that these Romans are God fearing Gentiles who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God...but, they are not established in Paul's gospel...they are not yet in the Body of Christ.

Now, the Olive Tree.

Romans 11
16: For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17: And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18: Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19: Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20: Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

This is why it's important to study & believe the authorized version, the King James Bible. Thou, thee, thy, thine are singular. Paul is singling out someone he calls "O man". This person could be representative some of the Romans, but certainly not all. What else do we know about "O man"?

Romans 2
1: Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
2: But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
3: And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Romans 2
17: Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
18: And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
19: And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
20: An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
21: Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22: Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23: Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

"O man" was a Gentile who was "called" a Jew. He was a proselyte. He believed that Jesus was the Son of God but he was resting in the law, resting in circumcision. He had been graffed in to Israel.

In Romans 11, Paul is not saying that all Gentiles are "graffed in". Paul is trying to get the Romans, of whom some were in the Olive Tree, into the Body of Christ before the Olive Tree was cut down and dispersed.

The natural branches that were broken off were the Jews who did not believe that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God. Paul's ministry to the Gentiles was to provoke to jealousy these who were in blindess, that some might be saved.

Paul's entire Acts ministry was to get a remnant of Jews, whom God foreknew, into the Body of Christ. Any Gentiles who were associated with them were blessed also, with hearing Paul's gospel.

Romans 11
1: I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2: God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

5: Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

This was at the time of Acts 20. The remnant was gathered in by Acts 28.
Paul is sent "far hence" to the Gentiles. Alien, pagan, Gentiles.

Acts 28
26: Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
27: For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
28: Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
STP: Thanks for asking!

STP: Thanks for asking!

SaulToPaul, thanks for posting. This week I have a lengthy court hearing; I'm headed to Indiana to present two seminars; I have the radio show, sermon, Sunday School and Job chapter 10 Bible study to prepare (whine, whine, whine); oh yes, and a family to enjoy! That said, it's an honor to look at God's Word with you. But I'm sorry that I can't read this whole thread, and I'm limiting myself (so I don't get fired from all my jobs :) ) to addressing just your first question:

Matthew 28
19: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:​

Essentially, you are asking whether the word "all" here means all without exception. It often does not, as I'm sure you agree. Let me digress first, to make a point about words in general, and then about another common biblical word, flesh. And then I'll conclude with a comment about the word 'all.'

WORDS IN GENERAL

In language, English, Greek, Hebrew, etc., words typically have a sphere of meaning that can be amazingly broad. Consider our English word "run."

The word “run” has 80 major definitions in the American Heritage Dictionary, and 27 minor definitions.
run ran running runs runner (sample definitions)
• To move swiftly on foot.
• To keep company (she runs with a bad crowd)
• To go when in trouble (he ran from the law)
• To make a quick trip (run to the store)
• To campaign for office (Bush is running for re-election)
• To be in operation (the car is running)
• To flow (the river ran deep)
• For a dye to lose hold of a fabric (the color runs in these shirts)
• To recur (its a running joke)
• To smuggle (drug runners)
• To go back and forth
• To publish in a periodical
• To execute software (run the program)
• To manage (who runs this place)
• Reaching home plate (he scored a run)
• To emit fluid (a running nose)
• Migration in a river to spawn
• Unrestricted freedom (he has run of the place)
• A skier’s trail
• An unbroken series (factory output, performances)
• An outdoor enclosure for a domestic animal
• Unraveling fabric along a line (her stocking ran)
• Average (run-of-the-mill)

In the AHD, the word 'play' has 47 major definitions & 32 minor ones and idioms.

With that kind of variability in the meaning of words, what are the safeguards that the Christian should employ in interpreting the Bible to not impose his own agenda on the meaning of a passage by claiming a particular definition for a word?

FLESH

And in case someone thinks that the above examples don't apply to the Bible because they are in the English language, consider the word 'flesh.' This word is translated from various Hebrew and Greek words, and it is reasonable to translate them as flesh. The English word flesh, fleshly, etc. appears about 350 times in Scripture. And it has these distinct meanings:

Animal Kingdom * Animal Tissue * Family Lineage * Fallen Individual * Fallen Mankind * Human Being(s) * Human Ego * Human Effort * Human Life * Human Heart * Human Soul * Human Tissue * Living * Matter * Mankind and Animals * Mankind * Physical Body * Physical World * Redeemed Mankind * Redeemed Soul * Sinful Tendency * Sinful Identity * Tissue Figure (symbol) * Tissue Matter * World System

So, when we read the word 'flesh' in Scripture, sometimes it can help to narrow down these usages if we consider which Hebrew or Greek word has been translated, and consider that word's usage, but often times, for this word and a thousand others, this large sphere of meaning occurs and we need to have valid means for determining the meaning of a word in a particular passage.

For example, which of the above meanings does the word flesh in Isaiah 58:7 refer to? "Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; when you see the naked, that you cover him, and not hide yourself from your own flesh?"

REGARDING ALL

All in the Bible means what? The NKJV uses the word all 5,676 times.
All is frequently a figure of speech, meaning most, much, many, some, or even few, though it also means all without exception. It means 'much' in Col. 1:5-6, where the context does not refer to the message of the stars (Ps. 19; Rom. 10:13-18); etc.) : “the gospel… has come to you, as it has also in all the world…” Col 1:5-6

Just looking at Matthew, the book your passage is from, provides these examples of all as a figure of speech:
* Along with Herod “all Jerusalem” was troubled (Mat. 2:3). (Even Simeon and Anna?)
* “All Judea” went out to John the Baptist (Mat. 3:5). (Even pagans?)
* Jesus visited “all the cities and villages” (Mat. 9:35). (Each of thousands?)
* Believers “will be hated by all” (Mat. 10:22). (Babies? Angels?)
* “All things have been delivered to Me by My Father” (Mat. 11:27). (R-rated DVDs?)
* “Great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all” (Mat. 12:15). (the well & unrepentant?)
* “A mustard seed… is the least of all the seeds” (Mat. 13:31-32). (EXAMPLE?)
* “All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them” (Mat. 13:34). (Most of red-lettered words?)
* “With God all things are possible” (Mat. 19:26). (Duplicate Himself?)
* Jesus entered Jerusalem and “all the city was moved” (Mat. 21:10). (Moneychangers?)
* “We fear the multitude, for all count John as a prophet” (Mat. 21:26). (Herodians?)
* “The flood came and took them all away” (Mat. 24:39). (Japeth?)
* Jesus will return with “all the holy angels” (Mat. 25:31). (those around the throne?)
* “All who take the sword will perish” (Mat. 26:52). (Peter?)
* “The guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests all the things (apanta ?) that had happened” (Mat. 28:11).

The Greek word for all in Mat. 28:18 is pasa and knowing that won't help in determining here whether all here means most, much, many, some, few, or all without exception.

Your question is:
Was Jesus Christ exercising all power in heaven and in earth at that time? Or was Satan still the prince of the power of the air?​

I think you would have done better to italicize the word "all," and then ask, what does the word 'all' mean in this passage:

Was Jesus Christ exercising all power in heaven and in earth at that time? What does the word 'all' mean in this verse in the Bible?​

SaulToPaul, thank you for taking God's Word so seriously. I'm going to leave it at that. I realize I haven't answered your question. In addressing your question in this way, I'm suggesting that if you make interpretations of Bible verses that reinforce your doctrinal agenda (as we all do), and if you are not aware of the assumptions you are making, or don't identify and defend your assumptions to those you are teaching, you're more likely to err than if you are aware of and acknowledge those assumptions.

Thanks for asking!

-Bob Enyart
Denver Bible Church & KGOV.com

elected4ever

Nothing. The destruction of Jerusalem, according to Daniel 9,
is after the 69th week and before the 70th week.
Wrong. The 70 week of Daniel was completed in AD69
The 70 weeks of Daniel was Israel's future. Not the worlds future. The Revelation prophecies and Daniel's prophecies are not the same thing.

SaulToPaul 2

Your question is:
Was Jesus Christ exercising all power in heaven and in earth at that time? Or was Satan still the prince of the power of the air?​

I think you would have done better to italicize the word "all," and then ask, what does the word 'all' mean in this passage:

Was Jesus Christ exercising all power in heaven and in earth at that time? What does the word 'all' mean in this verse in the Bible?​

Thanks for your time, please continue to check in & make posts as you are able!

Here we see Jesus Christ in the position of all power! (shortly after the Matthew 28 commission).

Acts 2
32: This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33: Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
34: For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

But, we do not see him exercising all power in heaven and earth.

Acts 2
35: Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

heir

TOL Subscriber

For starters:

1. Great Commission
5. Covenant of Grace?
Wow STP, this could have been (should have been) a great thread! It's too bad it never went anywhere. I'm not sure why it never got rolling. You clearly had a short list of things you would have liked to discuss with Bob and he basically blew you off.

I was very disappointed at Bob's post to explain why "all" doesn't mean "all"; not even answering the question you posed (actually telling you how you should have posed it), and then never returning to the thread again.

I appreciate the way you just lay out the scripture for the reader to believe. I learn much from you. Thank you for your faithfulness.

And you know the The Olive Tree Romans 11 post is off the charts! *whistle*

SaulToPaul 2

Wow STP, this could have been (should have been) a great thread! It's too bad it never went anywhere. I'm not sure why it never got rolling. You clearly had a short list of things you would have liked to discuss with Bob and he basically blew you off.

I was very disappointed at Bob's post to explain why "all" doesn't mean "all"; not even answering the question you posed (actually telling you how you should have posed it), and then never returning to the thread again.

I appreciate the way you just lay out the scripture for the reader to believe. I learn much from you. Thank you for your faithfulness.

And you know the The Olive Tree Romans 11 post is off the charts! *whistle*

Thanks, sister heir!

I hope this is today: :rapture:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Bob doesn't blow people off. He's a very busy man and doesn't even visit TOL very often. And when he does he doesn't spend time looking for posts and threads directed toward him. And since this thread didn't get any traction from others then Bob wouldn't get a chance to see it when he did come here. If someone wants Bob to see a thread they need to keep it on the first page of this sub-forum. Or call into the show.

So while Bob did see this because it happened to be on the first page when he did visit it moved off the first page shortly after and when Bob returned it was gone. And Bob isn't going to remember threads as he doesn't visit often enough to keep them in his thoughts. And now the thread is five years old.

If someone wants to reach Bob and have a conversation with him TOL is not the place to do so.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Bob doesn't blow people off.
Oh please. It's not like we aren't all very busy. We make time for things that matter. The doctrine to the Church, the BoC, matters to some.
He's a very busy man and doesn't even visit TOL very often. And when he does he doesn't spend time looking for posts and threads directed toward him. And since this thread didn't get any traction from others then Bob wouldn't get a chance to see it when he did come here. If someone wants Bob to see a thread they need to keep it on the first page of this sub-forum. Or call into the show.
I've responded in the past in his BEL forum and didn't get replies for posts directed to him. I recall they were pretty important topics too: the gospel, the alleged "grafting in"...no reply.

So while Bob did see this because it happened to be on the first page when he did visit it moved off the first page shortly after and when Bob returned it was gone. And Bob isn't going to remember threads as he doesn't visit often enough to keep them in his thoughts. And now the thread is five years old.
Stop making excuses for a grown man. Bob's not a little kid that needs you to speak for him. He can and should speak for himself.

If someone wants to reach Bob and have a conversation with him TOL is not the place to do so.
He should make time to discuss The Plot here with those who have questions or concerns about some of the doctrine or terms he uses therein. It seems reasonable.