I feel sorry for people closed minded to Catholicism

lifeisgood

CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH:

891 The Roman Pontiff, head of the college of bishops, enjoys this infallibility in virtue of his office, when, as supreme pastor and teacher of all the faithful---who confirms his brethren in the faith---he proclaims by a definite act a doctrine pertaining to faith or morals... The infallibility promised to the Church is also present in the body of bishops when, together with Peter's successor [the pope], they exercise the supreme Magisterium, above all in an Ecumenical Council. When the Church through its supreme Magisterium proposes a doctrine for belief as being divinely revealed, and as the teaching of Christ, the definitions must be adhered to with the obedience of faith...

In short:
"A Pope only exercises infallibility on rare occasions - a handful of times in history. Here are the conditions:
1. The Pope must speak ex cathedra ("from the Chair" of Peter) in his official capacity.
"The Chair is - let us say it again - a symbol of the power of teaching, which is a power of obedience and service, so that the Word of God- the truth! - may shine out among us and show us the way of life." ~ Pope Benedict XVI​
2. The decision must be binding on the whole Church.
3. It must be on a matter of faith or morals.
4. He must be intending to teach."​

This is exactly what the Church teaches, and precisely what I've been saying. You're simply wrong.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

You can show all the books of the RCC you want, other religions can also pull out their books, the truth is that I can pick ANY Catholic, which I have done in the past, and they will NOT open the RCC's Catechism. The majority of Catholics don't even own a Catechism. They simply go through the motions, being that they are taught that the popeS decide their destiny.

RCC's instruction for the laity is:
the popeS are infallible, listen to him (do not listen to the Bible)

you do not need God, as the popeS are the Vicar of God on Earth
go to mass (and crucify Jesus again and again)

confess your sins to a sinner like you

the sinner will forgive you your sins (how can a sinner forgive sins of another sinner)

the sinner will appoint you the penance for you to atone for the sin committed

The RCC is sending millions to Hell today, because their infallible popeS have separated them from the ONLY, EXCLUSIVE way of Salvation --- Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

Mary must be turning over her grave seeing how the RCC demeans her son.

I am sure the Lord in His infinite infallibility has saved many from the RCC claws, but as a whole, the RCC is NOT pointing people to Jesus Christ and His work at the Cross as their ONLY, ALONE, and EXCLUSIVE way for salvation.

The RCC is NOT the Savior of the world.
Mary, the mother of Jesus, (NOT the mother of God) is not the Savior of the world.

Jesus the Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary is the ONLY way for ANY ONE to be saved.

There is no other way as no other way is needed.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

"And I [Jesus] tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it" (Mt. 16:18).

QUESTION: Who's the liar---Jesus Christ, or you?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Jesus' Church is NOT a denomination.
Jesus' Church is NOT the RCC.
Therefore, my answer stand:
Jesus did not found a Church on Earth.

Now, Ireneaus, on the other hand, --- NOT JESUS --- was the headspring of the RCC "his was the first systematic exposition of Catholic belief." Irenaeus --- NOT PETER or JESUS --- introduced the false teaching of apostolic succession from Peter and the importance of tradition above the Bible. Like Justin, Irenaus believed in transubstantiation and the annihilation of the wicked. Based on Irenaeus, textual critics developed the heretical "Two document theory" that purports that the writers of the Gospels copied from each other.
(Encyclopedia Britannica, s.v. Irenaeus.)

lifeisgood

"And I [Jesus] tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it" (Mt. 16:18).

QUESTION: Who's the liar---Jesus Christ, or you?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Peter himself underscores the fact that Jesus is the foundation of Jesus' Church and not Peter himself, in Acts 4:11 and 1 Peter 2:4-8, when he alludes to Jesus Christ as the “stone rejected by builders” and as the “rock that makes unbelievers fall.”

Furthermore, the apostle Paul calls Jesus the foundation (1 Cor. 3:11), the cornerstone (Eph. 2:20), and the spiritual rock (1 Cor. 10:4) of the church.

The Bible does not support the idea of Peter saying that he is the very first pope of the RCC or of any denomination, for that matter, NEITHER does Jesus Christ.

It would be nice if the RCC stop calling Peter a liar.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

What is it that you imagine an imprimatur signifies, exactly...?
Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

LOL!

RCC Imprimatur: False doctrine approved by the RCC denomination doctrinal approval committee seal, which declares that their approved books are to be considered ABOVE the Bible.

I am assuming you are a young priest and have not been taught in seminary that without the RCC denomination doctrinal approval committee imprimatur seal books that do not expound the false doctrine of RCC denomination cannot be printed. Therefore, the RCC denomination consider their imprimatured books sealed by the committed approved by their infallible popeS to be above the Bible.

Books, such as, e.g., The Mercies of Mary preaching that Mary is the Savior of the world and NOT Jesus Christ.

Cruciform

You can show all the books of the RCC you want, other religions can also pull out their books, the truth is that I can pick ANY Catholic, which I have done in the past, and they will NOT open the RCC's Catechism. The majority of Catholics don't even own a Catechism. They simply go through the motions, being that they are taught that the popeS decide their destiny.
What individual lay Catholics may or may not do is irrelevant. Your claim was that I was wrong in stating that the Catholic Church teaches that the Pope is infallible in his teaching under certain formal circumstances. My response in Post #89 utterly refutes your entirely false claim.

RCC's instruction for the laity is: the popeS are infallible, listen to him (do not listen to the Bible)
Straw Man Fallacy. Come back when you actually know what you're talking about.

...you do not need God, as the popeS are the Vicar of God on Earth
Straw Man Fallacy. Here you merely reveal your own vast ignorance of Catholic teaching.

go to mass (and crucify Jesus again and again)
See just above. It applies to the rest of your post as well.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Jesus' Church is NOT a denomination.
No, it is His one historic Church, which since the end of the 1st century has been commonly known as "the Catholic Church." This is a historical fact.

Jesus' Church is NOT the CC.
...according to the opinions (traditions) of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway. :yawn:

Therefore, my answer stand: Jesus did not found a Church on Earth.
Your tacit claim that Jesus Christ lied in Matthew 16:18 (Post #91) is noted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Peter himself underscores the fact that Jesus is the foundation of Jesus' Church and not Peter himself, in Acts 4:11 and 1 Peter 2:4-8, when he alludes to Jesus Christ as the “stone rejected by builders” and as the “rock that makes unbelievers fall.” Furthermore, the apostle Paul calls Jesus the foundation (1 Cor. 3:11), the cornerstone (Eph. 2:20), and the spiritual rock (1 Cor. 10:4) of the church.
Already decisively answered here. Try again.

The Bible does not support the idea of Peter saying that he is the very first pope of the RCC or of any denomination, for that matter, NEITHER does Jesus Christ.
Already answered here and here. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

RCC Imprimatur: False doctrine approved by the RCC denomination doctrinal approval committee seal, which declares that their approved books are to be considered ABOVE the Bible.
So, then, you are utterly ignorant of what an imprimatur actually signifies. That's what I thought. :yawn:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Repub feeling sorry

Repub feeling sorry

yeh, for sure, they are missing out BIG TIME

But hey, you can lead a horse to water but you c an't...

I have been in just about every "church" you can imagine.. but none has what the Catholic Church has...

What's that, you may ask?

well, it does no good to say... but you can read past threads/posts of mine..

anyway, I did find ONE non-Catholic "church" I like

but I won't say which one b/c ... well, heck, same thing... no one seems to listen...

hard headed, etc..

+

I feel sorry for anyone close-minded to God, His Son Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit or good and righteous living.

John 13:34-35 KJV -

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If the Catholic church would:
1) Disband the Priests and Nuns.
2) Get rid of their idols
3) Disband the need for a Pope.
4) Get rid of all their false doctrines.
5) Stop praying to Mary and the Saints.
6) Stop the usage of pre-written prayers.
7) Stop using their Rosary's.
8) Stop their works based belief sytem.
9) Accept The Grace Gospel. (Paul's Gospel)
10) Start preaching the truth that fits into The Dispensation
of Grace.

Then, they'd be on the right path and be able to preach God's
Grace towards man, then, their Parishioners would have a chance
to receive eternal life.

Cruciform

If the Catholic church would:
1) Disband the Priests and Nuns.
2) Get rid of their idols
3) Disband the need for a Pope.
4) Get rid of all their false doctrines.
5) Stop praying to Mary and the Saints.
6) Stop the usage of pre-written prayers.
7) Stop using their Rosary's.
8) Stop their works based belief sytem.
9) Accept The Grace Gospel. (Paul's Gospel)
10) Start preaching the truth that fits into The Dispensation
of Grace.

Then, they'd be on the right path and be able to preach God's
Grace towards man, then, their Parishioners would have a chance
to receive eternal life.
No, Christ's one historic Church won't be conforming its teachings and practices to the entirely non-authoritative dictates of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect any time soon. :yawn: