I feel sorry for people closed minded to Catholicism

lifeisgood

No, Christ's one historic Church won't be conforming its teachings and practices to the entirely non-authoritative dictates of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect any time soon. :yawn:

Christ never established any denomination. EVER. RCC or otherwise. The religious leaders of Jesus' day crucified Him on a Cross.

And the religious leaders of the RCC or any other modern denomination would crucify Him all over again having had the chance because He would not fit their denomination laws, bylaws, catechism, etc.

Maybe you would have a better case for your assertions that the RCC is the true denomination providing one example of Jesus praying the rosary, one example of Jesus condoning nuns and priests, one example of Jesus worshiping statues/idols/relics, one example of Jesus kissing the hand of any pope, one example of Jesus preaching a works salvation, etc.

One example, then you could work from there.

lifeisgood

name the false doctrines of Catholicism__

Confess your sins to a RCC priest.
"Receive" all appropriate RCC sacraments.
Believe that Grace comes only via Rome's sacraments, and only through Mary.
Buy or earn as many indulgences as possible so as to avoid Purgatory.
Believe that Grace can only be distributed to you by Mary.
Attend the Roman Catholic Mass on all Sundays and holy days.
Obey all of Rome's rules (i.e., precepts of the Church).
Be a member of the Roman Catholic Church.
Submit yourself to the Pope.
Pray the Rosary.

Modern RCC leaders are even saying that you don’t really need to believe in Jesus Christ to be saved!

Article #841 of the Catechism says: "The Church's relationship with the Muslims. 'The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day.'" This means that the Catholic church believes that the Muslims will be saved just like anyone else even though Muslims don't believe in Jesus, and that they worship the same God that we all do even though Allah was originally a pagan moon god.

The Roman Catholic church is the self-proclaimed “mother” of all churches.

03 Sep 2000 (AP) VATICAN CITY (AP) - One of Pope John Paul II's closest aides has written to bishops worldwide declaring that the Catholic church is the “mother” of other Christian churches … In the document, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger told the bishops that it was incorrect to refer to Christian churches, ranging from Orthodox to Protestant, as “sister” churches of the Catholic church ... stating that the term “sister” puts them on an equal footing and they are not “sisters” but the Catholic church is the “mother”.

That's just for starters.

Cruciform

Christ never established any denomination. EVER. RCC or otherwise...
Already answered (Posts #108 and #109).

...providing one example of Jesus praying the rosary...
Not a Catholic doctrine. Try again.

...one example of Jesus condoning nuns and priests...

...one example of Jesus worshiping statues/idols/relics...
Merely a Straw Man Fallacy on your part, since the Catholic Church has never taught the "worship" of anything other than the true God. Try again.

...one example of Jesus kissing the hand of any pope...

...one example of Jesus preaching a works salvation...
Merely a Straw Man Fallacy on your part, since the Catholic Church has never taught "salvation by works." Try again.

You're just not very good at this, are you. :yawn:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

lifeisgood

Already answered (Posts #108 and #109).

You mean all your here, here, here, here, here, here, here, ad infinitum.
Have taken the time to read them all.

And they all tell me that Jesus NEVER, EVER, NEVER, EVER established ANY denomination, RCC or otherwise.
So try again.

That the RCC forces over its members. Try again.

Merely a Straw Man Fallacy on your part, since the Catholic Church has never taught the "worship" of anything other than the true God. Try again.

Yeah, right.
Do you not know that that which you bow down to with all your heart, mind, and spirit, you worship?

When you, Cruciform, bow down to one of the statues/idols/relics, anywhere you do such, because Cruciform believes the RCC doctrines, Cruciform is worshiping them instead of worshiping God and God will not take lightly to it.

The first word of Jesus in His ministry here on earth, was 'repent.'

Merely a Straw Man Fallacy on your part, since the Catholic Church has never taught "salvation by works." Try again.

Is this a lie?
Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church through which men enter through Baptism as through the door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse to enter it or to remain in it [fn, LG 14; cf. 16:16; John 3:5] (P 846).

Does not the RCC teach that TO BE SAVED a person must do the following:
1. Have faith in God and Christ.
2. Be baptized in water.
3. Not commit a mortal sin after baptism of water.
4. If one commits a mortal sin, go through the sacrament of Penance.
5. Keep the Ten Commandments.
6. Be a member of the RCC.

So, if the above is a lie, then you Cruciform are following a lie.

You're just not very good at this, are you. :yawn:

The Israel of antiquity and modern times also rejected/reject the warnings of God.

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (Jn. 10:10).

No statues/idols/relics in Jesus' warning.

Besides there is not a picture or a death mask of Jesus/saints/apostles/prophets, etc. anywhere that statues/idols can be fashioned after.

Try again.

lifeisgood

Your tacit claim that Jesus Christ lied in Matthew 16:18 (Post #91) is noted.Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

No, the RCC is the liar.

If the RCC took the time to read what Jesus said, and believe His words, then the RCC would not be teaching a lie; however, because the RCC denies Jesus and His Truth, and has changed His Truth for Peter, then the RCC is teaching a lie.

Matthew 16:15 Jesus saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock [the truth My Father gave to you Peter, not on you Peter] I will build my church [not the RCC denomination but My, Jesus' church]; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it [the truth My Father gave to you Peter, not you Peter].

Peter must be turning over in his grave seeing that the RCC teaches that the Truth Peter received from the Father about Jesus being the Christ, the Son of the living God, has been transformed into being that the Father said that it has everything to do with Peter and not the Truth Peter received from the Father that it is ALL about Jesus and nothing about Peter.

The religious leaders of Peter's day church crucified him because they did not like that Peter was pointing them exclusively to Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary and not to himself.

Definitely, Peter is turning over in his grave and if he could have the opportunity to come back to life, the first place he would go would be to the Vatican and straighten them out, oh, well, he would be crucified all over again, because what Peter would say would not be in conform to the RCC denomination doctrine.

republicanchick

Christ never established any denomination. EVER. RCC or otherwise.
NOT true.. I guess you reject Mt 16:18? so much for believing the Bible as one's authority...
And the religious leaders of the RCC or any other modern denomination would crucify Him all over again having had the chance because He would not fit their denomination laws, bylaws, catechism, etc.
have to say there is some truth to this one.. Priests often reject those who are the most Catholic... so true..

don't get that, but it is so

Maybe you would have a better case for your assertions that the RCC is the true denomination providing one example of Jesus praying the rosary, one example of Jesus condoning nuns and priests,
no, it is incumbent upon YOU to prove that he does NOT want this. I have had times in life when I felt threatened by some evil or another and the only thing that worked was the rosary

example of Jesus worshiping statues/idols/relics, one example of Jesus kissing the hand of any pope, one example of Jesus preaching a works salvation, etc.
Maybe if he had lived on Earth longer?

One example, then you could work from there.

No, you have to show (since you are the malcontent here) where we are told, whether in Bible or elsewhere, it is wrong to do those things?

a priest or nun is just someone dedicated to God first...

too bad you see that as evil

"Woe unto them who call good Evil and evil Good" (that's in the bible you claim to believe in)

+
___

republicanchick

Confess your sins to a RCC priest.
"Receive" all appropriate RCC sacraments.
Believe that Grace comes only via Rome's sacraments, and only through Mary.

you need to study Catholicism from a

surprise, surprise

Catholic!

you know, a practicing, catechized Catholic, like a priest

(meaning one who has not ditched the Faith yet stays in the Church for his own selfish reasons just the same... However most priests are not in that category, I would hope)

_

HisServant

surprise, surprise

Catholic!

(meaning one who has not ditched the Faith yet stays in the Church for his own selfish reasons just the same... However most priests are not in that category, I would hope)

_

Priests creep me out in the worse way... kind of like how clowns do... I avoid them like the plague.

republicanchick

Priests creep me out in the worse way... kind of like how clowns do... I avoid them like the plague.

people who are creeped out by those who love God and serve His people creep me out in the worst way... kind of like how clowns do... I avoid them like the plague

Good bye, Creepazoid

(don't bother responding... I don't associate with "people" like u)

_

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

surprise, surprise

Catholic!

_
I tried. But I ask hard questions and they get tiered of trying to answer them so they quit trying. If they don't know their own faith well enough to defend it, why would i want to learn from them?

republicanchick

I tried. But I ask hard questions and they get tiered of trying to answer them so they quit trying. If they don't know their own faith well enough to defend it, why would i want to learn from them?

I somehow doubt this

I have been to many RCIA classes and there has never been a time someone leading it (priest.. etc)showed impatience with someone who sincerely sought truth and clarity RE the Faith

+

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I somehow doubt this

I have been to many RCIA classes and there has never been a time someone leading it (priest.. etc)showed impatience with someone who sincerely sought truth and clarity RE the Faith

+
Well there's the rub. I ask hard questions and they decide that I am not sincere so they feel no need to patient and deal with my questions.

Cruciform

You mean all your here, here, here, here, here, here, here, ad infinitum.Have taken the time to read them all.And they all tell me that Jesus NEVER, EVER, NEVER, EVER established ANY denomination, RCC or otherwise.So try again.That the RCC forces over its members.Try again.That the RCC forces over its members.Try again.Yeah, right.Do you not know that that which you bow down to with all your heart, mind, and spirit, you worship?When you, Cruciform, bow down to one of the statues/idols/relics, anywhere you do such, because Cruciform believes the RCC doctrines, Cruciform is worshiping them instead of worshiping God and God will not take lightly to it.The first word of Jesus in His ministry here on earth, was 'repent.'That the RCC forces over its members. Try again.Is this a lie?
Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation:the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church.He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church through which men enter through Baptism as through the door.Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse to enter it or to remain in it [fn, LG 14; cf. 16:16; John 3:5] (P 846).Does not the RCC teach that TO BE SAVED a person must do the following:1.Have faith in God and Christ.2.Be baptized in water.3.Not commit a mortal sin after baptism of water.4.If one commits a mortal sin, go through the sacrament of Penance.5.Keep the Ten Commandments.6.Be a member of the RCC.So, if the above is a lie, then you Cruciform are following a lie.The Israel of antiquity and modern times also rejected/reject the warnings of God.The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (Jn. 10:10).No statues/idols/relics in Jesus' warning.Besides there is not a picture or a death mask of Jesus/saints/apostles/prophets, etc. anywhere that statues/idols can be fashioned after.Try again.
Posts #109 and #109.

Cruciform

No, the RCC is the liar.If the RCC took the time to read what Jesus said, and believe His words, then the RCC would not be teaching a lie; however, because the RCC denies Jesus and His Truth, and has changed His Truth for Peter, then the RCC is teaching a lie...
Already categorically refuted in Post #109 above.