I believe many churches are corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ok meshak I'm sorry you see it that way, but I did agree with your post, I was only saying how I believe not how you do.

Again, what I was saying is that no one can achieve that high standards literally.

Jesus says with God, nothing is impossible meaning our imperfection is forgiven if we strive to be true to Him,IMO.

marhig

Again, what I was saying is that no one can achieve that high standards literally.

Jesus says with God, nothing is impossible meaning our imperfection is forgiven if we strive to be true to Him,IMO.

Well I know that God is changing my heart, and that we too also have to turn from sin and the works of the flesh. And God changes our hearts to be more like that of Christ's.

We can never reach the standard of Jesus, but God will certainly help us get cleaned up, that's if we first start to do his will and put our hand to turning from sin. It doesn't say in the Bible that Jesus is our perfect example to follow, if we don't have to follow that example, and the Holy Spirit will help us overcome and be more like him.

We are told to mortify our members, which is to die to self, and put on the new man.

Colossians 3

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

That's what I believe anyway.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well I know that God is changing my heart, and that we too also have to turn from sin and the works of the flesh. And God changes our hearts to be more like that of Christ's.

I have changed greatly. I have come a long way because I was so selfish.

I have turned away from many sins but that is not nearly close to what Jesus teaches.

If you believe you can achieve perfection in this life, good for you.

blessings.

marhig

I have changed greatly. I have come a long way because I was so selfish.

I have turned away from many sins but that is not nearly close to what Jesus teaches.

If you believe you can achieve perfection in this life, good for you.

blessings.

That's great, I'll never achieve perfection, I'm a sinner in sinful flesh, being saved by God's grace. But God is definitely helping me to overcome the works of my flesh and he's changing my heart for the better.

We'll have a fight on our hands till the end of our lives.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am not giving up on myself but Jesus says His York is light.

Trying to be pure in heart is the main teaching of Jesus and it is super difficult for me.

That's why I have to ask for forgiveness daily.

marhig

I am not giving up on myself but Jesus says His York is light.

Trying to be pure in heart is the main teaching of Jesus and it is super difficult for me.

That's why I have to ask for forgiveness daily.
I ask for forgiveness daily too. Sometimes many times a day when I realised I've sinned. I'm not saying that I don't sin, but I hope I don't wilfully sin. And I'm saying that God is helping me to overcome and change my heart.

And when I do realise that I've sinned, I know that I'm to repent and pray to God to forgive me.

1 John 1

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I ask for forgiveness daily too. Sometimes many times a day when I realised I've sinned. I'm not saying that I don't sin, but I hope I don't wilfully sin. And I'm saying that God is helping me to overcome and change my heart.

And when I do realise that I've sinned, I know that I'm to repent and pray to God to forgive me.

1 John 1

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Again, it is so difficult even noticing our sins. It is for me, anyway.

marhig

I'm probably doing things that I don't realise too, but when I do realise it's wrong before God, then I believe that I am to turn away from it and stop doing it. And my conscience is becoming stronger so that I'm seeing more and more of what I'm doing wrong. I believe that I should listen to my conscience as i believe that the Spirit is guiding us through our conscience to do what's right.

I'm not saying that I'm sinless, or that I'm perfect, but I'm definitely changing by the grace of God.

WatchmanOnTheWall

And they are the majority and popular churches of denominations.

What is the formula of being popular church?

Of course, because everyone is corrupt. This is a fallen world. Even when Jesus returns there will be corrupt people still living on the Earth during His 1000 year reign. It won't be perfect till after when God makes a New Heaven and a New Earth.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm probably doing things that I don't realise too, but when I do realise it's wrong before God, then I believe that I am to turn away from it and stop doing it. And my conscience is becoming stronger so that I'm seeing more and more of what I'm doing wrong. I believe that I should listen to my conscience as i believe that the Spirit is guiding us through our conscience to do what's right.

I'm not saying that I'm sinless, or that I'm perfect, but I'm definitely changing by the grace of God.

I think we are repeating the same claim over and over.

marhig

I think we are repeating the same claim over and over.
Ok, I just want you to know that I don't see myself as perfect in any way, I'm far from perfect. The only thing that perfect in my heart is Christ. And it's through him through faith, by the grace of God that I'm seeing my sin and that I'm able to overcome anything in this world, it's not of myself.

Speak soon, I'm off to cook tea :)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ok, I just want to to know that I don't see myself as perfect in any way, I'm far from perfect. The only thing that perfect in my heart is Christ. And it's through him through faith, by the grace of God that I'm seeing my sin and that I'm able to overcome anything in this world, it's not of myself.

Speak soon, I'm off to cook tea :)

I think we are rehashing the same thing over and over.

we should give it a rest, my friend.

God's Truth

You are causing confusion because you don't acknowledge the scriptures that say when a person is saved they are made perfect and holy.

You rightly go against Meshak when you claim you can overcome by working out your salvation and when you train yourself and live up to what you have received---you just fail to admit what it is that you have received.

God's Truth

So then STOP trying to point out my sins and the sins of others! That is why you are called a hypocrite.

What you just said is the epitome of a hypocrite! For you go around judging me and others here, even the apostle Paul himself, but you also claim you don't see your own sins!

Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That's exactly what Jesus says

Jesus says, narrow is the way and few there be that find it. And it's a narrow way because we have to be ready to to deny ourselves and take up our cross and follow him and lose our lives for his sake, but not many are willing to do this, yet Jesus said that those not willing to do so, are not worthy of him. Many are quite happy saying "I believe" and thinking that's it, I'm saved and going to heaven. But that's not the truth, we are to partake in the sufferings of Christ, and live by the will of God.

Any church teaching that we are eternally saved even if we carry on wilfully sinning, or even saying that we are eternally saved in any way, or that we don't have to obey God because Jesus has done it all for us, are teaching a false doctrine. Those who are truly being saved, are those who are starting to overcome the works of the flesh and ways of the world through Christ by the power of the Spirit.

bump

Status
Not open for further replies.