I believe many churches are corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No it's ok, what do you mean? :)

I was going to let this go but since you want to know I would like to explain.

I believe I have ability to read between the lines of what's being said.

I believe you want to warn me more than you are saying.

I sense it most of your comments.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I never get full agreement from you.

I don't get much of encouragement by your comments.

marhig

I was going to let this go but since you want to know I would like to explain.

I believe I have ability to read between the lines of what's being said.

I believe you want to warn me more than you are saying.

I sense it most of your comments.

Oh right, no I'm not speaking you you personally, and everything I say I take to myself also. I believe that this is what is taught in the Bible, that we are to turn from sin and live by Gods will and with God all things are possible if we have true faith.

Because if we have true faith, and we truly love God, then we will want to please him and we will willingly want to submit his will. I'm not pointing anyone out, I can't because I too myself sin. I'm always asking God to help me and forgive me, but what I do know, is that if I know something is wrong to do, then I am to try and turn from it and pray to God to help me to stop.

What made you think that I was directing many of my posts at you, or that I'm trying to warn you more than I'm saying? I'm honestly not. :)

marhig

I am talking about your posts replying to my posts.

Oh right, well let me know next time, maybe it's the way I come across in writing, but you do believe in the same core beliefs as me, so I do agree with much of what you say, we see Paul differently, but we seem to agree on the teachings of Jesus, don't you think? Hopefully you'd see me differently if we ever met in person. It's sometimes hard to put things in writing and people may take what you say differently to how we mean. But I'm not talking to you personally, I'm talking in general, and as I said I take it to myself too.

Anyway, I'm off to our house meeting, I'll speak to you later my friend :)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well you're wrong there, I agree with very much of what you say. We believe very much alike.

Yes, that is true but you have hidden warning to me when you talk to me.

I think that's what you believe the matuality is.

I believe you deny this comment too saying I cannot read your mind or heart.

marhig

Yes, that is true but you have hidden warning to me when you talk to me.

I think that's what you believe the mutuality is.

I believe you deny this comment too saying I cannot read your mind or heart.

Meshak I don't lie, so please believe me when I say I don't say anything personally to you. I didn't even know you felt like that. And none of us can read the whole hearts and minds of others.

By the way I get warnings from others and take it to myself too. But I don't know what you do in your life. Anyway I'm just off out, I'll speak to you later

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak I don't lie, so please believe me when I say I don't say anything personally to you. I didn't even know you felt like that. And none of us can read the whole hearts and minds of others.

By the way I get warnings from others and take it to myself too. But I don't know what you do in your life. Anyway I'm just off out, I'll speak to you later

Let me explain what I mean using your post to me.

You said to me: "Yes I believe that the Holy Spirit can help us overcome anything in this world and help us to turn from the works the flesh,[/quote]

Is this what you thought I was saying?

marhig

Let me explain what I mean using your post to me.

You said to me: "Yes I believe that the Holy Spirit can help us overcome anything in this world and help us to turn from the works the flesh.

Is this what you thought I was saying?
Well, you said this

Quote: yes, it is so difficult to overcome the world for most of us. I for one.

I believe even if I cannot overcome the world, I am hoping the HS will wash away my sinfulness if I strive to be true to Him....

And I said yes, because i agreed with you, because the Holy Spirit can help us to wash away our sins, and we can overcome anything through Christ by the power of the Spirit, and once we strive to be true to God, then in his time, God blesses us with the Spirit and he helps us to overcome our sin. And I have complete faith in God, and I know that with God all things are possible.

I believe that to wash away our sins is to help us to overcome by the washing of the water by the word. The Holy Spirit is the living water, and if we have true faith and walk in the Spirit, then he washes us clean and helps us to overcome the works of our flesh by strengthening us by the word of God, teaching and guiding us daily through Christ, by Gods grace

Without the grace of God and without Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit, I will never overcome my flesh or this world, thus I'm being saved daily through Christ by the Spirit and I'm starting to overcome my flesh and this world through Jesus.

I'm not of this world anymore meshak, meaning I don't care about building up in it, or all the wealth and power of it, or the ways of it, God has taken the cares of this world away from me, I just care for the people in it. I love God first and want to to do his will, which includes not getting involved in the ways of this world, and to do his will is to listen to him, obey him willingly, becoming a living sacrifice through Christ. And I love God from my heart, I think of him always. And if we truly love God we will put God before ourselves and do his will. And in doing so, we will love others as Christ loves us, because Christ will be in our hearts helping us daily.

I hope I've explained myself properly.

God's Truth

The first book in the Bible tells us who and what Israel is. See Genesis 32:28.

Genesis 32:28 Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome.”

Did you see that? The one who struggles with God and with men and overcomes…

And Jesus in the last book of the Bible confirms this message. See these scriptures in Revelation. Read what Jesus says about overcoming.

Revelation 2:7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Revelation 2:17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

Revelation 2:26 To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations–

Revelation 3:5 He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

Revelation 3:12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

Revelation 3:21 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Revelation 21:7 He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

And there is only one way a person can overcome this world, and that is through Jesus Christ our Savior.

1 John 5:5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Therefore, who and what is Israel---Israel is people who overcome by faith in Jesus Christ.

Just as Jacob is called Israel by overcoming, we too are Israel by overcoming by faith in Jesus.

God's Truth

Christians are made perfect and holy.

When one is saved, they are made perfect and holy, they are without sins; they are born again with a new life starting over.

It seems there is a false humbleness in some who call themselves Christian, and they show this false humbleness when they protest being called a saint or holy. However what do the scriptures say?

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 13:12 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Jesus' blood is not of little effect. Don't insult the blood of the Lamb of God by denying the power thereof.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well, you said this

Quote: yes, it is so difficult to overcome the world for most of us. I for one.

I believe even if I cannot overcome the world, I am hoping the HS will wash away my sinfulness if I strive to be true to Him....

And I said yes, because i agreed with you, because the Holy Spirit can help us to wash away our sins, and we can overcome anything through Christ by the power of the Spirit, and once we strive to be true to God, then in his time, God blesses us with the Spirit and he helps us to overcome our sin. And I have complete faith in God, and I know that with God all things are possible.

I believe that to wash away our sins is to help us to overcome by the washing of the water by the word. The Holy Spirit is the living water, and if we have true faith and walk in the Spirit, then he washes us clean and helps us to overcome the works of our flesh by strengthening us by the word of God, teaching and guiding us daily through Christ, by Gods grace

Without the grace of God and without Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit, I will never overcome my flesh or this world, thus I'm being saved daily through Christ by the Spirit and I'm starting to overcome my flesh and this world through Jesus.

I'm not of this world anymore meshak, meaning I don't care about building up in it, or all the wealth and power of it, or the ways of it, God has taken the cares of this world away from me, I just care for the people in it. I love God first and want to to do his will, which includes not getting involved in the ways of this world, and to do his will is to listen to him, obey him willingly, becoming a living sacrifice through Christ. And I love God from my heart, I think of him always. And if we truly love God we will put God before ourselves and do his will. And in doing so, we will love others as Christ loves us, because Christ will be in our hearts helping us daily.

I hope I've explained myself properly.

then you should not have said you agree with me. You agreed partially.

that's the point I am making. It looks like you were putting the word into my mouth.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Colossians 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

1 Thessalonians 5:27 I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

1 Timothy 2:8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Titus 1:8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;

Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

1 Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

1 Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

1 Peter 3:5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Marhig,

Perfection includes being pure, sinless with all Jesus' teachings, holy, godly etc...

I don't believe anyone can be that pure no matter how we try.

The only way we can be sinless is by wiped away by God's mercy.

We will be judged if we have been doing our best to be like Jesus.

If our best is approved by Jesus then we will be accepted into His kingdom.

Jesus says we will be judged according to what we have done.

this is my conviction.

marhig

then you should not have said you agree with me. You agreed partially.

that's the point I am making. It looks like you were putting the word into my mouth.
Ok meshak I'm sorry you see it that way, but I did agree with your post, I was only saying how I believe not how you do.

marhig

Marhig,

Perfection includes being pure, sinless with all Jesus' teachings, holy, godly etc...

I don't believe anyone can be that pure no matter how we try.

The only way we can be sinless is by wiped away by God's mercy.

We will be judged if we have been doing our best to be like Jesus.

If our best is approved by Jesus then we will be accepted into His kingdom.

Jesus says we will be judged according to what we have done.

this is my conviction.
Yes and I agree with that, but don't you believe that the Holy Spirit helps us to overcome? Surely we should be turning from sin once we are born of God?

And I know that God helps us, because I know that I can't do it myself, i can only start to put my hand to denying myself, but I need God to help me and I believe that through faith and God's grace that God is helping me to overcome through Jesus.

I'm different now to what I was before I truly knew God. And he's changed my heart, and I know that we can't do that of ourselves, we need God to help us because I didn't even think of changing until God showed me how wrong I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.