How you can obey God’s commands.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Obedience to commands for the Christian is a direct contradiction in terms...if you seek to obey the law it is counted as disobedience.

We live by faith and what works we have to show for it comes from Christ's life in us.

Is that the way it was for Abraham?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Is that the way it was for Abraham?

Abes obedience was to faith

God had promised that through Isaac he would become the father of many nations Abe BELIEVED God and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.

Now watch this closely and learn

Again God commanded Abe to offer up his son

When Abe set out to obey God he was obeying the promise that through Ike he would be the father of many nations...he was showing his faith in the resurrection....without that KNOWING that God could not renege His promise Abe could not have obeyed.

His obedience was to faith

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You said, "Obedience to commands for the Christian is a direct contradiction in terms...if you seek to obey the law it is counted as disobedience."

God's commands have the force of law. You can ask Adam when you see him.

JonahofAkron

God had promised that through Isaac he would become the father of many nations Abe BELIEVED God and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.

When Abe set out to obey God he was obeying the promise that through Ike he would be the father of many nations...he was showing his faith in the resurrection....without that KNOWING that God could not renege His promise Abe could not have obeyed.

Which produced in him obedience to the commands given to him.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Abraham was OBEDIENT TO GOD.

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

Abraham OBEYED ALL OF GOD's decrees and laws! Abraham's faith was TESTED BY WHAT HE DID when he offered up Isaac.

Read this Totton:

James 2:20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did

God's Truth

Here. This is where you said it. Perhaps it was a mistake... Or a Freudian slip.

I go by Jesus Christ. I do not go by Freud.

Think the best of others, not the worst. Why do you think the worst of me?

I do not know if you are learning about others beliefs or not, but there are people who preach we do not have to obey Jesus' commands, and people do not even know what Jesus' commands are.

They keep asking me what his commands are and telling me we do not have to obey them.

Jesus said he remained in his Father's love BECAUSE he OBEYED; and Jesus tells us that if we want to remain in his, Jesus' love, then we have to obey him, Jesus.

JonahofAkron

I go by Jesus Christ. I do not go by Freud.

Think the best of others, not the worst. Why do you think the worst of me?

I do not know if you are learning about others beliefs or not, but there are people who preach we do not have to obey Jesus' commands, and people do not even know what Jesus' commands are.

They keep asking me what his commands are and telling me we do not have to obey them.

Jesus said he remained in his Father's love BECAUSE he OBEYED; and Jesus tells us that if we want to remain in his, Jesus' love, then we have to obey him, Jesus.
Thats what I've said multiple times. The problem is you and I disagree on what He said to do.