How the Gospel Interprets the Bible

lifeisgood

Just tell me how you do it.

I told you it would go over your head, gt.

Now, you're throwing the line, the hook, and the sinker to see what you, gt, can catch, for you do not follow Luke 9:23-24, for you do not even know what it is, so that you, gt, can come back with one of yours 'I, gt, OBEY all of Jesus' commandments EXACTLY, however, Luke 9:23-24, might be one of those I, gt, OBEY Jesus EXACTLY but not that one because that one also does not fit my doctrine. It will depend on what you, lifeisgood, tell me, gt, how you, lifeisgood, follow Luke 9:23-24'.

Why don't you answer my question, gt?
Why is it, gt, that you ask a question a person answers and you REJECT their answer?

God's Truth

I told you it would go over your head, gt.

Now, you're throwing the line, the hook, and the sinker to see what you, gt, can catch, for you do not follow Luke 9:23-24, for you do not even know what it is, so that you, gt, can come back with one of yours 'I, gt, OBEY all of Jesus' commandments EXACTLY, however, Luke 9:23-24, might be one of those I, gt, OBEY Jesus EXACTLY but not that one because that one also does not fit my doctrine. It will depend on what you, lifeisgood, tell me, gt, how you, lifeisgood, follow Luke 9:23-24'.

Why don't you answer my question, gt?
Why is it, gt, that you ask a question a person answers and you REJECT their answer?

You are the one who does not know or else you would say it gladly.

lifeisgood

You are the one who does not know or else you would say it gladly.

Common response when you do not know the answer.
EXACTLY when you say that you have a 'powerful testimony' however, you will not share it. Got it.

Why won't you, gt, answer my question?

Robert Pate

Banned
GT is a classic Pharisee, that is trying to be justified by her obedience to the law. No where in the Bible does it say that works or obedience justifies. The only thing that pleases God is faith, mainly faith in Christ.

"To him that does no works (or obedience) but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
GT is a classic Pharisee, that is trying to be justified by her obedience to the law. No where in the Bible does it say that works or obedience justifies. The only thing that pleases God is faith, mainly faith in Christ.

"To him that does no works (or obedience) but believes on him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Here is what Jesus says about how to inherit eternal life:
Luke 10:25-37 New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Nanja

But the believing an unregenerate man does is merely a work of the flesh that cannot please God.

No one of himself can believe unto Salvation unless it has been given by God.

John 3:27
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Phil. 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Faith does not justify...God does:

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

You see, the Believing on Him that Justifies is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22 exclusively to all God's Elect Titus 1:1.

God's Truth

You say I am as a Pharisee, but I say to admit to being a sinner and repent---the Pharisees did NOT admit to being sinners and they did NOT repent.

Do you need the scriptures of this basic fact?

God's Truth

But the believing an unregenerate man does is merely a work of the flesh that cannot please God.

No one of himself can believe unto Salvation unless it has been given by God.

John 3:27
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

Phil. 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Faith does not justify...God does:

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

You see, the Believing on Him that Justifies is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22 exclusively to all God's Elect Titus 1:1.

God does not save unbelievers and He does not save those who do not repent of their sins.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is what Jesus says about how to inherit eternal life:

That is not how you inherit eternal life, this;

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Believe on Jesus to inherit eternal life.

marhig

That is not how you inherit eternal life, this;

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Believe on Jesus to inherit eternal life.

And if we believe in Christ Jesus then we will believe in his teachings and live by them and we will be doers of the word and not hearers only.

Believing in Jesus isn't just saying with our mouth "I believe" believing in Jesus is living it. True love is love in action.

God's Truth

Neither do you.

Even the prostitutes and tax collectors go in because they repented of their sins.

You don't even get that because you are ensnared.

Matthew 21:31 "Which of the two did what his father wanted?" "The first," they answered. Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

Robert Pate

Banned
Even the prostitutes and tax collectors go in because they repented of their sins.

You don't even get that because you are ensnared.

Matthew 21:31 "Which of the two did what his father wanted?" "The first," they answered. Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

No one will be saved because they repented. Repentance is a work of the Holy Spirit. Repentance does not save. The only thing that saves in the New Testament is faith, mainly faith in the doing and the dying of Jesus.

Robert Pate

Banned
You ought to sound like Jesus, friend.

His teachings are so clear and simple.

Jesus was a teacher of the law. The law reveals the righteousness of God and the sinfulness of man.

The law is our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ so that we can be justified by faith, Galatians 3:24.

But after faith is come, we are no longer under the schoolmaster (the teachings of Jesus, the law) for you are all children of God by faith in Christ Jesus, Galatians 3:25-26.

No one can do the simple teachings of Jesus. By the law is the knowledge of sin, Romans 3:20.

God's Truth

Jesus was a teacher of the law. The law reveals the righteousness of God and the sinfulness of man.

The law is our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ so that we can be justified by faith, Galatians 3:24.

But after faith is come, we are no longer under the schoolmaster (the teachings of Jesus, the law) for you are all children of God by faith in Christ Jesus, Galatians 3:25-26.

Do you actually read the scriptures you post? It says after faith came...Jesus is the one who came and taught we must have faith. THE OLD LAW did no such thing. It was NOT based on faith.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith;

Mark 11:22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered.

Luke 5:20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”

Luke 7:50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Luke 12:28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of littlefaith!

Luke 22:32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

John 12:42 Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue;

God's Truth

No, I am sounding like Paul, Romans 5:1.

No you do not sound like Paul.

Paul does not tell anyone not to repent, as you do.

Paul taught repent.

You say, "No one will be saved because they repented."

Paul says, "First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds."