How did His sheep get lost?

Jerry Shugart

so you realize that the verse you quoted that speaks of lost is not in regard to the nation of Israel but instead "individuals."

So in what way did individual Jews "belong" before they were lost?

OZOS

so you realize that the verse you quoted that speaks of lost is not in regard to the nation of Israel but instead "individuals."

So in what way did individual Jews "belong" before they were lost?
So, you're saying that God did not make a covenant with the nation of Israel.

In your mind, this was only talking about individuals.

"For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth."

OZOS

The nation of Israel is made up of individuals.

Get to your point, dummy, if you have one. You are a waste of time to the rest of humanity.

Jerry Shugart

Your argument is baseless because it is based on the idea that before someone can be "lost" he must first belong and only the Jews belonged.

But the following verse demonstrates that from birth all people belong to the LORD:

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward" (Psa 127:3).

The hebrew word translated "heritage" means "possession, property, inheritance."

Therefore, a Gentile can become "lost" according to your own definition of the word.

Come back when you can actually come up with an argument which is not so easily contradicted by the Scriptures.

you are the one who is a waste of time to the rest of humanity.

OZOS

Your argument is baseless because it is based on the idea that before someone can be "lost" he must first belong and only the Jews belonged.
No, my point is that you lack an understanding of the Bible, but that's because you don't know Jesus from Adam.
But the following verse demonstrates that from birth all people belong to the LORD: "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward" (Psa 127:3).

Wow, you really are a moron. This verse is not claiming that everyone belongs to God, but that children are a gift from God to those who have them, their parents. I've already given you the proof...

"Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world"

Hopefully, you don't have a family, it would be a shame that you are dragging them to hell with you.

OZOS

"For you are a holy people to the Lord your God, and the Lord has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth."

Go back to juggling your balls Jerry, you are a failure at juggling the Bible.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jerry, you keep trying to understand things relating to Israel in terms of individuals, but you need to be thinking in terms of groups, as that is how the people in ancient times used to think. The "individual" thinking is a western concept.

Jerry Shugart

Is this speaking about individuals or groups?:

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward" (Psa 127:3).

The hebrew word translated "heritage" means "possession, property, inheritance."

so each child is the property of the Lord.

Despite this Ozos writes:

Wow, you really are a moron. This verse is not claiming that everyone belongs to God, but that children are a gift from God to those who have them, their parents. I've already given you the proof...

The verse I quoted says that children are the property of the Lord but Ozos perverts what it says and says that it says children are the property FROM the Lord.

Ozos has no respect for what the Scriptures actually say if they contradict his silly ideas. Either that or he remains a natural man:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).

Its unlikely that Ozos has actually been born again.

"

Attachments

• 1612740461002.png
    1612740461002.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 0

ttruscott

But the following verse demonstrates that from birth all people belong to the LORD:

Have you considered:
Deuteronomy 32:5 “They have corrupted themselves; They are not His children because of their blemish but a perverse and crooked generation. OR their blemish is that they are not HIS children.
World English Bible

They have dealt corruptly with him, [they are] not his children, [it is] their blemish. [They are] a perverse and crooked generation. which certainly implies in one interpretation that they were HIS children, HIS loved ones, until they turned against HIM in full or partial rebellion. I accept that those who are not HIS children are the Satanic demonic reprobate, the tares, in full unforgivable rebellion to HIM while the children who can be redeemed and brought back to HIM are His elect sheep gone astray to be returned to HIM by the grace of faith!

OZOS

Ozos has no respect for what the Scriptures actually say if they contradict his silly ideas.
Jerry, you really should write another book, where you apologize to your family and all of Christianity for embarrassing yourself, by making a mockery of God's word and the gospel. You clearly have never believed the gospel, and the only words you will ever here from the Lord Jesus Christ, are "I never knew you".

You are a liar, like your father, the devil. I not only understand what the Bible says, but also understand who is speaking, and to whom they are speaking. The "pervert" is YOU.

Again, you call God a liar, when He says...

"For you are a holy people to the Lord your God, and the Lord has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth."

This indicates, what you clearly reject, that God has chose a group of people, a nation, that He possesses (they BELONG to Him). You are a clown, a fraud, and a false teacher, bound for the lake of fire. You don't know Jesus from Adam, and you are only on this site to spread lies about who Jesus is, what He has done, and who those who believe in Him have become. You deny that believers have been made in the likeness of Jesus. You refuse to answer a simple question "Are believers slaves of sin or slaves of righteousness?"

Answer the question, you godless pervert.

Jerry Shugart

OZOS, of course upi just ignore the plain meaning of these words:

So each child is the property of the Lord.

Despite this you try your best to pervert the words at Psalm127:3 by saying the following:

"Wow, you really are a moron. This verse is not claiming that everyone belongs to God, but that children are a gift from God to those who have them, their parents. I've already given you the proof."

The verse does not say that children are a gift FROM God. Instead, the verse says that children are the property of the Lord and that children are His reward.

When confronted with the truth revealed from God you just flat out refuse to acknowledge that truth. You are just like the Jews who denied the words of the Lord Jesus and He said that the devil is their father. and what He said applies equally to you;

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies" (Jn. 8l44).

OZOS

OZOS, of course upi just ignore the plain meaning of these words:

So each child is the property of the Lord.

Despite this you try your best to pervert the words at Psalm127:3 by saying the following:

"Wow, you really are a moron. This verse is not claiming that everyone belongs to God, but that children are a gift from God to those who have them, their parents. I've already given you the proof."

The verse does not say that children are a gift FROM God. Instead, the verse says that children are the property of the Lord and that children are His reward.

When confronted with the truth revealed from God you just flat out refuse to acknowledge that truth. You are just like the Jews who denied the words of the Lord Jesus and He said that the devil is their father. and what He said applies equally to you;

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies" (Jn. 8l44).
Jerry, you're a liar, a pervert, and a clown.

Because I exposed your ignorance of ALL things Biblical, you continue to camp on a verse you clearly don't understand, and you ignore the one that proves your blatant ignorance of God's word.

You lose, Jerry, because you are a loser.

I have exposed you as a fraud, who is not in Christ, and will go to hell.

"Are believers slaves of sin or slaves of righteousness?"

Answer the question, you anti-Christ pervert.

Jerry Shugart

Thanks for the verses, ttruscott, and here is another verse that demonstrates that all people belong to God when they are born:

"But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear" (Isa.59:2).

When anyone sins he dies spiritually becausse that sin separates him from the source of all spiritually life. and the idea of separation implies that prior to sinning a person is connected to God.

Jerry Shugart

Nitice that OZOS refuses to correct his error about what he said about Psalm 127;3. Evidently he cannot understand simple English ot perhaps he thinks that verse will just go away because he calls me names.

OZOS

The verse does not say that children are a gift FROM God.
CEB
No doubt about it: children are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a divine reward.
CJB
Children too are a gift from Adonai; the fruit of the womb is a reward.
CEV
Children are a blessing and a gift from the Lord.
ERV
Children are a gift from the Lord, a reward from a mother’s womb.
EXB
Children are ·a gift [an inheritance] from the Lord; ·babies [L the fruit of the womb] are a reward.
GNT
Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a real blessing.
ICB
Children are a gift from the Lord. Babies are a reward.
ISV
Children are a gift from the Lord; a productive womb, the Lord’s reward.
TLB
Children are a gift from God; they are his reward.
MEV
Look, children are a gift of the Lord, and the fruit of the womb is a reward.
NABRE
Certainly sons are a gift from the Lord, the fruit of the womb, a reward.
NASB
Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
NASB1995
Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.
NCV
Children are a gift from the Lord; babies are a reward.
NET
Yes, sons are a gift from the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward.
NIRV
Children are a gift from the Lord. They are a reward from him.
NLV
See, children are a gift from the Lord. The children born to us are our special reward.
NLT
Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.

OZOS

Nitice that OZOS refuses to correct his error about what he said about Psalm 127;3. Evidently he cannot understand simple English ot perhaps he thinks that verse will just go away because he calls me names.
The "error" is yours, you lying prig.

OZOS

Thanks for the verses, ttruscott, and here is another verse that demonstrates that all people belong to God when they are born:

"But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear" (Isa.59:2).

When anyone sins he dies spiritually becausse that sin separates him from the source of all spiritually life. and the idea of separation implies that prior to sinning a person is connected to God.
Again, you pervert the Bible, because you are a pervert.

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners"

ALL men are separated from God, and only one man made all men sinners.

Absolute proof that you are a demon from hell.

Jerry Shugart

"The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein" (Ps.24;1).

"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine" (Ez.18:4).

Jerry Shugart

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"

I will start a thread on the false teaching of Original Sin.

OZOS

"The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein" (Ps.24;1).

"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine" (Ez.18:4).

Jerry, the conversation started with my comment:

"In order to be lost, you must first belong" (referring to the nation of Israel being His sheep, having been separated from the other nations, a people of His own possession).

In which you responded:

"Evidently you can't tell the difference between "individuals" and "nations." - Jerry

You then went off on a wild tangent about a verse that says that children are a gift from God, which has nothing to do with Israel being a people of His own possession, as clearly laid out in the Bible...

So, we see (I'm sure you don't) that God refers to Israel as a unique group of people whom He chose to belong to Him (possession). They are His sheep. Some of those sheep chose to go astray.

You really are a waste of everyone's time trying to correct a boneheaded moron, like you. You first need to abandon all of your self-inflated ego about how smart you think you are (you're not), repent of your unbelief in Christ and receive God's GIFT of salvation. Until you do, everyone here is talking to a dead man.