Helping others

csuguy

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Gal. 5:4

The law was put in place and had jurisdiction over Israel until the time of reformation when Christ appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. He literally fulfilled every type and shadow of the law so now he has jurisdiction over the people of God making the law obsolete. Any return to it in the age of grace is a rejection of Christ and the highest form of sin.

One should not seek justification via the Law - that is indeed foolish. However, just because the Law does not save us from our sins does not mean that it has been abolished or has been made inapplicable to us. Rather...

Matthew 5:17-19 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 3:31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

The Law is holy and good - and we are called to obey the commandments and to teach others to do likewise.

Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Whatever you are - you are not a follower of Christ if you abandon his teaching and commandments. You think by doing nothing you will be saved - but this is in complete contradiction to his teachings, which say that you must give your life to save it. You must do the will of the Lord. Unfortunately you don't appear to care about what Christ or the scriptures actually say, you have blinded yourself to the truth.

Epoisses

One should not seek justification via the Law - that is indeed foolish. However, just because the Law does not save us from our sins does not mean that it has been abolished or has been made inapplicable to us. Rather...

Matthew 5:17-19 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

And the law was fulfilled at the cross. Bye, bye law - I never liked you anyway.

Romans 3:31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

The Law is holy and good - and we are called to obey the commandments and to teach others to do likewise.

Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Whatever you are - you are not a follower of Christ if you abandon his teaching and commandments. You think by doing nothing you will be saved - but this is in complete contradiction to his teachings, which say that you must give your life to save it. You must do the will of the Lord. Unfortunately you don't appear to care about what Christ or the scriptures actually say, you have blinded yourself to the truth.

Christians keep the commandments of faith and love not the Jewish Sabbath!!!! You are a Judaizer and Acts 15 rebukes you. Take your SDA trash back to the pits of hell where it came from.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And the law was fulfilled at the cross. Bye, bye law - I never liked you anyway.

Christians keep the commandments of faith and love not the Jewish Sabbath!!!! You are a Judaizer and Acts 15 rebukes you. Take your SDA trash back to the pits of hell where it came from.
Epoisses,

Can I help you? It is okay to help people obey God's commands. And obeying God's commands does involve helping people.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I feel so sad for you. Keep working your way to heaven and maybe you'll fall on the rock and get broken.
Are you referring to scripture or bringing in an idea you believe should be worthy of my consideration? I don't believe anyone can work their way to heaven.

csuguy

Fulfilling the law is only impossible if your heart and mind are set on the wrong things.

Romans 8:6-8 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Do you subject yourself to the law of God or not? Is your heart and mind set of the flesh or the Spirit?

Epoisses

Fulfilling the law is only impossible if your heart and mind are set on the wrong things.

Romans 8:6-8 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Do you subject yourself to the law of God or not? Is your heart and mind set of the flesh or the Spirit?

Fulfilling the law is when you realize what a horrible and terrible sinner you are and then Jesus lives out his perfect life thru you. I can't love God or my neighbor the way the law demands but Jesus can.

csuguy

Fulfilling the law is when you realize what a horrible and terrible sinner you are and then Jesus lives out his perfect life thru you. I can't love God or my neighbor the way the law demands but Jesus can.

Of course you can love as Jesus can. There is nothing stopping you - it doesn't require divine powers. It requires a heart and mind set on the Spirit, upon God, upon doing what is right and good. Indeed - that is the fulfillment of the Law: Love.

Epoisses

Of course you can love as Jesus can. There is nothing stopping you - it doesn't require divine powers. It requires a heart and mind set on the Spirit, upon God, upon doing what is right and good. Indeed - that is the fulfillment of the Law: Love.

This is the spirit of the old covenant. All that the Lord has spoken we will do and be obedient. The promise of the people to obey God that is never kept. If you were really serious about obedience you would preach the gospel but you don't so you're not.

csuguy

This is the spirit of the old covenant. All that the Lord has spoken we will do and be obedient. The promise of the people to obey God that is never kept. If you were really serious about obedience you would preach the gospel but you don't so you're not.

This is the New Covenant, established through Christ:

Jeremiah 31:31-34 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to[d] them,[e]”
declares the Lord.
“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

Is the Law written on your heart and mind?

Epoisses

This is the New Covenant, established through Christ:

Jeremiah 31:31-34 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to[d] them,[e]”
declares the Lord.
“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

Is the Law written on your heart and mind?

Love is the new and greatest commandment that is written in the heart aka the royal law. Faith is also said to be a law in Rom. 3:27. Love and faith are the laws of the new covenant that you reject so you can keep the ministry of death and condemnation.

csuguy

Love is the new and greatest commandment that is written in the heart aka the royal law. Faith is also said to be a law in Rom. 3:27. Love and faith are the laws of the new covenant that you reject so you can keep the ministry of death and condemnation.

Love is not a new Law - clearly you haven't bothered to study the OT in any length. The two Greatest Commandments come from the OT Law. For instance...

Deuteronomy 6:5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Leviticus 19:18 You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the Lord.

Epoisses

Love is not a new Law - clearly you haven't bothered to study the OT in any length. The two Greatest Commandments come from the OT Law. For instance...

Deuteronomy 6:5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Leviticus 19:18 You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the Lord.

A commandment is a law.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34,35

csuguy

A commandment is a law.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34,35

This is a new commandment, but it is simply an expansion upon the existing law of loving your neighbor as yourself. Now you are to go beyond that, putting the love for others ahead of yourself - as with Christ. To fulfill this commandment you will necessarily need to fulfill the OT law of loving your neighbor as yourself.

So you are correct that there is a new command (never said anything to the contrary) - but you are wrong to assert that "Love" is a new commandment.The two great commandments come straight out of the OT. Furthermore, Christ actually demands more from us than the OT Law in this matter

Epoisses

This is a new commandment, but it is simply an expansion upon the existing law of loving your neighbor as yourself. Now you are to go beyond that, putting the love for others ahead of yourself - as with Christ. To fulfill this commandment you will necessarily need to fulfill the OT law of loving your neighbor as yourself.

So you are correct that there is a new command (never said anything to the contrary) - but you are wrong to assert that "Love" is a new commandment.The two great commandments come straight out of the OT. Furthermore, Christ actually demands more from us than the OT Law in this matter

Everything in the new covenant is 'new'. This is why it is call the new covenant. Love under the old covenant was fear based and had to be performed from a carnal heart. Love under the new covenant is a gift or fruit of the Holy Spirit that we receive. You're all about the 'old' so you wouldn't understand.

csuguy

Everything in the new covenant is 'new'. This is why it is call the new covenant. Love under the old covenant was fear based and had to be performed from a carnal heart. Love under the new covenant is a gift or fruit of the Holy Spirit that we receive. You're all about the 'old' so you wouldn't understand.

You are making things up as you go along. There are some new things in the New Covenant - like a new high priest and a new priesthood, the forgiveness of sins through Christ, etc. However, scripture doesn't uphold your idea that everything is new - rather it contradicts it.

You've got the same God, who does not change. If loving the Lord was obeying his commandments under the OT, it still is true under the NT - God still desires the same things from us.

Asserting that love under the OT = fear is non-sense. It is even further non-sense to assert that love is not required of us under the New Covenant. Your heart and mind are not set on the Spirit.

I can see that you do not care what the scriptures teach, you simply make up non-sense as you go. I see little point in continuing this discussion with you for the time being. I suggest you go study what the scriptures actually teach instead of blindly asserting whatever you would like to be the case

Epoisses

You are making things up as you go along. There are some new things in the New Covenant - like a new high priest and a new priesthood, the forgiveness of sins through Christ, etc. However, scripture doesn't uphold your idea that everything is new - rather it contradicts it.

You've got the same God, who does not change. If loving the Lord was obeying his commandments under the OT, it still is true under the NT - God still desires the same things from us.

Asserting that love under the OT = fear is non-sense. It is even further non-sense to assert that love is not required of us under the New Covenant. Your heart and mind are not set on the Spirit.

I can see that you do not care what the scriptures teach, you simply make up non-sense as you go. I see little point in continuing this discussion with you for the time being. I suggest you go study what the scriptures actually teach instead of blindly asserting whatever you would like to be the case

I'm not interested in the Judaizing heresy which is so popular today. So you can keep that old law till your heart's content. As for me and my house we will live by God's grace which is free and unmerited.