Helping others

Epoisses

Preach or teach the gospel, the message is the same. God's salvation for you in Jesus Christ who died for you for the forgiveness of your sins and to grant you the free gift of eternal life.

You teach earning your way to heaven by keeping the law like the Pharisees.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're an 'earner' like Tony Soprano. Real Christians rest in the finished work of Christ. They don't do anything.
There is no reason to not rest in the finished work of Christ. Even Paul taught obedience to God's commands. I have no idea who Tony Soprano is, but I don't need to know.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you want to help someone, help them. Don't brag about it. That makes you like the Pharisees, making sure that everyone knows what they do "for God." When I help people, I do it anonymously because I don't want them to focus on me and how they can thank me. I want them to focus on how good God is to them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you want to help someone, help them. Don't brag about it. That makes you like the Pharisees, making sure that everyone knows what they do "for God." When I help people, I do it anonymously because I don't want them to focus on me and how they can thank me. I want them to focus on how good God is to them.
Helping can come naturally, even in God and Christ, or it can be taught in homes, churches, schools.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Helping anonymously is a great way to help without seeking credit or notoriety from others. However you help may your praise be from God!

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I taught my daughter the same thing I just told you. There are many ways of helping someone. There is financial help, physical help, and spiritual help. I give spiritual help all the time, by praying for people daily. I give physical help, by pitching in with something (making quilts with the ladies from my church, etc... When I can, I like to help out financially. That's not often, especially in today's economy. I like to imagine the look on the working mom's face when she goes into the electric company and finds out that her bill has been paid in full. Right now, that's reward enough for me.

I'm looking forward to later, this summer, when I can give part of my garden harvest to the food bank. If the weather cooperates, this year, I should have much more than enough for my household.
Helping can come naturally, even in God and Christ, or it can be taught in homes, churches, schools.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God commands us to love others, so obeying God's commands is loving your neighbor.

Hey idiot, pay attention. If you are not stealing his wallet because God told you not to steal the wallet, then you have a problem. Put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, before you end up along side the atheists and muslims. Because you are outside the faith with your instance on obedience.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no need to mix grace and law.

Yet you do it all the time. The law is a tutor. It shows you that you need a savior. You should not have to be told not to covet your neighbor's wife.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I taught my daughter the same thing I just told you. There are many ways of helping someone. There is financial help, physical help, and spiritual help. I give spiritual help all the time, by praying for people daily. I give physical help, by pitching in with something (making quilts with the ladies from my church, etc... When I can, I like to help out financially. That's not often, especially in today's economy. I like to imagine the look on the working mom's face when she goes into the electric company and finds out that her bill has been paid in full. Right now, that's reward enough for me.

I'm looking forward to later, this summer, when I can give part of my garden harvest to the food bank. If the weather cooperates, this year, I should have much more than enough for my household.

That's great! God has blessed you greatly. You are able to give in many different ways.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hey idiot, pay attention. If you are not stealing his wallet because God told you not to steal the wallet, then you have a problem. Put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, before you end up along side the atheists and muslims. Because you are outside the faith with your instance on obedience.

Nick. Not stealing is obedience to God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yet you do it all the time.
I don't understand what you are trying to say. I don't think I do. You feel I do. I don't know why you think or feel this. I don't believe it is true. Otherwise I wouldn't have said what I did in response. You are adding your words to my response.
The law is a tutor.
Yes.
It shows you that you need a savior.
It shows everyone they need a Savior. That Savior is God and specifically Jesus.
You should not have to be told not to covet your neighbor's wife.
True. But I am told by God to not covet my neighbor's wife. There is nothing wrong or bad with this.

csuguy

You're an 'earner' like Tony Soprano. Real Christians rest in the finished work of Christ. They don't do anything.

Wow. I can't say I'm surprised, but such a statement is quite telling of the state of many/most of the Christians on this forum.

"Christ did everything, nothing is expected of his followers. His teachings and commands don't apply to us."

glorydaz

glorydaz,

I pray God will help you with it. :) Shalom. God is so much bigger than our problems. Luck has nothing to do with it. It is about God's provision to do what He has asked us to do.

So you think YOU can love as God loved us? You spoke of the "love of God" and claim that as your own? It's HIS love ....worked out in His body, are we to take credit for that? "Good luck" is a figure of speech...please don't go politically correct on me. :think:

I'm referring to the love of God which is shed abroad on our hearts by the Spirit. That love is not something that comes from US. It leaves room for boasting to claim it does. And see, here you are lecturing me and praying "God will help" me with it. That's just how easily it happens.

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So you think YOU can love as God loved us? You spoke of the "love of God" and claim that as your own? It's HIS love ....worked out in His body, are we to take credit for that? "Good luck" is a figure of speech...please don't go politically correct on me. :think:

I'm referring to the love of God which is shed abroad on our hearts by the Spirit. That love is not something that comes from US. It leaves room for boasting to claim it does. And see, here you are lecturing me and praying "God will help" me with it. That's just how easily it happens.

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.​

God's love for us teaches us what love is so that we know how to love. We love because He first loved us. We also love out of or with the love with which He loved us. It is not His love it is our love, but it is the love of God within us with which we love. That is, God's love is for you. And you also ought to love one another. If you have never known God's love, you know what it is when God has loved you and even when you love others and it is not of yourself it is God's love. I think you understand, based on your explanation and the verse you have shared.

Epoisses

Wow. I can't say I'm surprised, but such a statement is quite telling of the state of many/most of the Christians on this forum.

"Christ did everything, nothing is expected of his followers. His teachings and commands don't apply to us."

Christ lives out his perfect life in us. We don't do anything because he does it all. Can you overcome sin all by yourself? You're a super Christian. I bet you can even resurrect yourself.