Hell Is Real.

SimpleMan77

[MENTION=18797]COGTHW[/MENTION] You're correct that there is one God, and in Jesus dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

However, you do us a dis-service when you lash out personally. There are a lot of people on here who would argue with a brick wall, and want to choose the words of some modern teacher over the black and white words of the Bible, but the Bible still says that the servant of the Lord "must not strive".

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yeah I'm 21, and STILL know way more bout God then you, I told you stop talking and get my number. Stop hiding and throwing insults behind a screen be a MAN.!!! Get my email. So I can call you.

:rotfl: At 21 they have a huge amount of BRAVADO! When they're in their 60's, they're looking for their Arthritis Medication and their Denture-Cream. Things change with age.

COGTHW

[MENTION=18797]COGTHW[/MENTION] You're correct that there is one God, and in Jesus dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

However, you do us a dis-service when you lash out personally. There are a lot of people on here who would argue with a brick wall, and want to choose the words of some modern teacher over the black and white words of the Bible, but the Bible still says that the servant of the Lord "must not strive".

Amen I say, I say amen. I talk to people that think they know everything like that.! Them be the people that have a religious demon in them. But yes Sir, I thank you.

SimpleMan77

That will take him many years. He's only 21. :rotfl:

Age doesn't necessarily equal maturity, neither does youth necessarily equal immaturity. I've seen 21 year olds who were more mature than people three times their age. Not defending what I have already rebuked, but a little "pot calling the kettle black" I think.

I seem to remember someone banishing me to their "ignore list" all of about 5 min after I joined the site because I brought up scriptures that put their theology in a bind. That's not very mature either.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Age doesn't necessarily equal maturity, neither does youth necessarily equal immaturity. I've seen 21 year olds who were more mature than people three times their age. Not defending what I have already rebuked, but a little "pot calling the kettle black" I think.

I seem to remember someone banishing me to their "ignore list" all of about 5 min after I joined the site because I brought up scriptures that put their theology in a bind. That's not very mature either.

I seem to remember that you are a "KNUCKLEHEAD." I'm now placing you on ignore and will take you off it in 37 Seconds exactly. Then, I will place you on it again for 45 Minutes then, will take you off it again. How's that for consistency, Simpleminded77?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Truth be told.....

Truth be told.....

You people that say you don't have to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ in water are going to Hell.!!

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Hi COGTHW,

Welcome to the forum,

First of all,...its customary for most 'christians' to be baptized in Jesus name. Even if a group uses the Trinitarian formula of Matt. 28:19, the 'Son' is referring to Jesus. I don't think 'God' is that much a ninny-picker, as long as 'Christ' is the focus :) If you're a 'Christian', ....all is done in the name of 'Jesus' anyways.....no matter what 'spin' you put on it. Jesus is the man! :thumb:

Also, John 3:5 does not necessarily imply an actual 'water-baptism', for the being born of water could simply refer to the natural birth via the mothers birth canal or womb,....we are wrapped in a water-bag as it were, when we are in our mother's womb. In fact, the context of this passage seems to indicate that water-birth refers to the first phase of natural physical birth, while the spirit-birth refers tot he second phase of 'spiritual-birth' which is a 'generation' which comes from above, it is the 'new birth' as it were. There is that which is born of the flesh (water, blood, bones, etc.) and that which is born of the Spirit. The main emphasis of this passage is the spirit! (not water-baptism) See the entire context of the passage :)

As a final thought on this portion, you cannot easily just send people to 'hell' over some fine point or detail of one's 'method' of baptism, without becoming perhaps unnecessarily 'dogmatic' or 'legalistic' here. We could question your use of the word 'hell' too, since the traditional concept of 'hell' does not always have validity, since this word could refer to 'Sheol, Hades, Gehenna or Tartaroo,....and NOT the traditional concept of the lake of fire,...so using the 'hell' card without proper clarification could be seen as being a religious bully or bigot. Perhaps piping down a bit would be helpful to approach the subject, before consigning other souls to the firey pit over a point of doctrine. A real 'Christian' also wouldn't be threatening others about "going to hell", much less enjoying their suffering in such a place, real or imaginary.

You people are Hell Bound if you think you have the Holy Ghost and never spoke in tongues.

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Not necessarily, since while all can speak in tongues....not all speak in tongues. Consider that. While all can have the experience of being filled with the Spirit and speak with tongues as their spirit speaks.... it can be encouraged, but does not have to be the sole guarantee or proof of one having received the Spirit. - that can border on dogmatism and legalism making a charismatic manifestation the 'proof' of something happening on an inward level, which only 'God' can really fully know. In spiritual life and discipleship,...the fruit of the Spirit is actually most essential, while the gifts of the Spirit are encouraged naturally as ministry develops and one is inspired towards different forms of service. On this count, I think some Pentecostal-charismatic groups can get TOO dogmatic in this case,...when the Spirit ought to be allowed to have his way naturally with each person flowing together in harmony, and allowing gifts to flow in their own time.

You people are Hell bound that say it's a "holy trinity"

Again, just because someone chooses to believe in the Trinity, does not necessarily make them 'hell-bound' :) Its just a concept of 'God' one has chosen to accept, just like you have chosen to accept a 'concept' of 'God' that fits your understanding or conditioning at this point in time. Many factors affect or influence our belief-system or philosophical leanings. These could change at any point in time as well, if one is willing to learn or change when new or better information or revelation comes along. On that note, its good to keep an open mind. In the ultimate sense, 'God' is a reality that transcends all thoughts, ideas and concepts...altogether! 'God' is the one, universal, absolute, divine, infinite Spirit-Being or Consciousness that is beyond words....and still more :)

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.

8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

Wonderful,.....'God' is just proclaiming his absolute singleness, uniqueness and solitary nature, of knowing that He is the only source of existence and consciousness, being Himself and knowing Himself....as ONE (echad) :)

Our exploration of the Shema here ;)

You can't go against it all you want, that just shows how much Hell bound you are.

Well, that's one 'hell' of a punch line :) - One one level,...'heaven' or 'hell' are just states of consciousness,...conditions of mind. So one can be experiencing 'heaven' or 'hell' anywhere they happen to be. You can experience 'heaven' or 'hell' here.....as well as in the spirit-world or the after-life. Such conditions may be modified according to your thoughts, words and actions,....since as long as one is thinking, speaking and acting....he is reaping what he sows,...such is the law of karma. Before you freak out over the concept of 'karma'...See our thread on this here if interested in my views on it :)

I look forward to 'creative dialogue' if you are interested. There is always more to learn :surf:

Zeke

You people that say you don't have to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ in water are going to Hell.!!
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

You people are Hell Bound if you think you have the Holy Ghost and never spoke in tongues.
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

You people are Hell bound that say it's a "holy trinity"
Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.

8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

You can't go against it all you want, that just shows how much Hell bound you are.

COGTHW

Still standing firm on what I said. Hell bound if any other way. It's only one Church and one Doctrine. All these other doctrines on here are of other gods. Not the God that is written about in the Scriptures. But some other gods that take a little here and there from the Scriptures.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Still standing firm on what I said. Hell bound if any other way. It's only one Church and one Doctrine. All these other doctrines on here are of other gods. Not the God that is written about in the Scriptures. But some other gods that take a little here and there from the Scriptures.

:kookoo:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Do you believe that we are saved by the blood of Jesus and not baptism?

COGTHW

Do you believe that we are saved by the blood of Jesus and not baptism?

Saved by both. 1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
Like I said hi need the Holy Ghost and the water baptism.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Saved by both. 1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
Like I said hi need the Holy Ghost and the water baptism.

You mention nothing about the blood. Why?

Romans 3:25 King James Version (KJV)

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

1 John 2:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Jesus is the propitiation of our sin, not baptism and it is the blood that saves.

1 Peter 1:18-20King James Version (KJV)

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Hebrews 9:12-14 King James Version (KJV)

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

COGTHW

You mention nothing about the blood. Why?

Romans 3:25 King James Version (KJV)

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

1 John 2:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Jesus is the propitiation of our sin, not baptism and it is the blood that saves.

1 Peter 1:18-20King James Version (KJV)

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Hebrews 9:12-14 King James Version (KJV)

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

You gotta be worthy to even take the blood, you still have sins on you because you haven't been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You gotta be worthy to even take the blood, you still have sins on you because you haven't been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

You know nothing about me. FYI, I have been baptized by immersion out of obedience, not out of requirement for salvation. Mine is to symbolize my identification with the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

COGTHW

You know nothing about me. FYI, I have been baptized by immersion out of obedience, not out of requirement for salvation. Mine is to symbolize my identification with the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

You was baptized in the name of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost.