Hell Is Real.

COGTHW

Baptism is for cleansing, right? But cleansing what? The spirit? How is physical water going to wash the inside of a man? When Jesus spoke to the multitudes in John 6, He didn't once mention the necessity of baptism - but rather said that if anyone eat His flesh and drink His blood, they would have eternal life (John 6:53-56). Jesus equated Himself with the bread of life and said that a man had to eat of Him - not as of physical bread, but as of spiritual (6:57-58). And yet the people wanted something they could hang their hats on - something physical to point to - but He wouldn't budge. He said that it was Jesus and His word in them that saved - not anything physical.

What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 6:62-63

Baptism no more saves and cleanses than the Jordan river heals leprosy. It is the word of Jesus that does this.

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
John 15:3

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Ephesians 5:25-27

The issue is not the question of whether to baptize at all, rather it is a question of what one rests upon.

You say it's three Gods I don't even wanna talk to you about water baptism until I beat you up with Scriptures with one God. Who is the Savior Jesus or God.?

COGTHW

Arizona.

But I don't believe being baptized can save me. Jesus told me only faith can please God

My friend Jesus saves you yes, the Holy Ghost saves yes, but how are you going to wash the Adamic sin off.? If you don't get baptized.?

nikolai_42

So is God the Savior or Jesus.?

And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Luke 1:46-47

And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.
Exodus 3:14

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
John 8:58

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
John 20:28

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 1:10-11,18

Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Isaiah 44:6

So the answer is "yes".

COGTHW

And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Luke 1:46-47

And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.
Exodus 3:14

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
John 8:58

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
John 20:28

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Revelation 1:10-11,18

Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Isaiah 44:6

So the answer is "yes".

You just said yes, I asked you who is the savior. I need your answer to be Jesus or God. Not scriptures. Tell me God or Jesus.

COGTHW

What? Where do you get that it washes sin off? And for the record our flesh will always be sinful until the day we die. We have two natures, the evil flesh and the holy spirit when we're saved. And I am not being 'washed' since Jesus took up sin at the Jordan and crucified all sin with himself on the cross. I am sinless.

My friend you have to wash that sin off you, baptism washes Acts 22:16 'And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.' My friend baptism is necessary.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My friend Jesus saves you yes, the Holy Ghost saves yes, but how are you going to wash the Adamic sin off.? If you don't get baptized.?

With the blood of Christ. Obviously you haven't paid attention to the scriptures.

Matthew 26:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Water does not save, the blood does.

COGTHW

have you ever wondered how we of the future can be saved from a sacrifice done in the past? It's because Jesus took up all our sins way back then and died with them. When I believe the gift is applied to me. Also I have already been given the holy spirit. According to Eph 1:13-14 it means im saved.

My friend, you have to believe ALL the Scriptures. The Scriptures say you have to be baptized. A certain person asked what must I do to be saved.Acts 16: 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. ; The guard asked what I must do Apostle Paul said believe and then they preached to them and they was baptized. That he and his house be saved.

COGTHW

With the blood of Christ. Obviously you haven't paid attention to the scriptures.

Matthew 26:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Water does not save, the blood does.

You don't even read your bible, because it say WATER SAVES YOU.! I already killed your false doctrine, don't come here spreading your demonic doctrine. 1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: ; it say water now saves us not just saying you are saved.

nikolai_42

You just said yes, I asked you who is the savior. I need your answer to be Jesus or God. Not scriptures. Tell me God or Jesus.

My answer is from scripture because that's where I derive my understanding of who God is. I may not understand Him perfectly, but your question has what appears to me to be a built in assumption based on unscriptural reasoning. You have the assumption that God the Father and Jesus Christ are 2 distinct entities but that's not what I believe.

I and my Father are one.
John 10:30

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 17:21

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Col 2:8-9

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
I John 2:23

Nowhere does scripture (or any Trinitarian that I am aware of) say "The Father"="The Son" (that is, that the two terms are interchangeable). But it is clear to me that the unity of the Father and the Son is such that calling both "God" is not wrong - and, in fact, enjoined in the Word.

COGTHW

How come Acts 10:43-47 shows people being saved before being water baptized? :)

It shows that they received the Holy Ghost and then got baptized. Which ever way still have to be baptized. I laid hands on people with the Power of God and people reviced the Holy Ghost but I baptized them right after. I baptized people first then I laid hands on them to receive the Holy Ghost. Vice versa they still was baptized.

COGTHW

My answer is from scripture because that's where I derive my understanding of who God is. I may not understand Him perfectly, but your question has what appears to me to be a built in assumption based on unscriptural reasoning. You have the assumption that God the Father and Jesus Christ are 2 distinct entities but that's not what I believe.

I and my Father are one.
John 10:30

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 17:21

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Col 2:8-9

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
I John 2:23

Nowhere does scripture (or any Trinitarian that I am aware of) say "The Father"="The Son" (that is, that the two terms are interchangeable). But it is clear to me that the unity of the Father and the Son is such that calling both "God" is not wrong - and, in fact, enjoined in the Word.

So is there 3 or just one.?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't even read your bible, because it say WATER SAVES YOU.! I already killed your false doctrine, don't come here spreading your demonic doctrine. 1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: ; it say water now saves us not just saying you are saved.

Sir/Madame, I have been on this website for eleven years and you are one of the toxic persons I have come to observe. The only thing that baptism does is give you a nice wash if you have some some. It is a symbolism of the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Baptismal regeneration is a false teaching, heresy. The blood of Jesus washes away sin.

Romans 3:25 King James Version (KJV)

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

1 John 2:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

COGTHW

they didnt receive the laying of hands neither did they get water baptized yet they got the holy spirit.

It don't matter you still need the Holy Ghost and to be baptized, and they didn't have the Holy Ghost because it say the Holy Ghost fell on them. Either way they was baptized. They didn't have the Holy Ghost in the beginning, because it fell on them.

COGTHW

I will answer if you tell me if you believe that you can have salvation if you take away any one of the following three things:

The Holy Spirit
Baptism
The blood of Christ

That is the only thing that bears witness that you are saved 1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.