Have You Been Reconciled to God by Jesus Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't believe the scripture Rom 5:10 !

I will explain Romans 5:10 to you since you don't understand it.

We are reconciled to God while we are still sinners. "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us". But wait. This should melt your stony heart and cause you to turn to Jesus with a heart full of love and thanksgiving.

This is known as reconciling yourself to God. We receive what Christ has done for us with joy and thanksgiving. We are no long enemies, we are now saved children of God.

beloved57

I will explain Romans 5:10 to you since you don't understand it.

We are reconciled to God while we are still sinners. "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us". But wait. This should melt your stony heart and cause you to turn to Jesus with a heart full of love and thanksgiving.

This is known as reconciling yourself to God. We receive what Christ has done for us with joy and thanksgiving. We are no long enemies, we are now saved children of God.

How can you explain Rom 5:10 when you don't believe it ?

Ben Masada

The question is NOT have you been predestinated?

The question is... "Have You Been Reconciled to God by Jesus Christ?"

The word "Reconciliation" means that at one time you were alienated in your mind and enemies with God by wicked works. Yet now has God reconciled you to himself by Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:21, 22.

As far as God is concerned you have been reconciled to him by his Son Jesus Christ. However, reconciliation is a two way street. If you refuse to accept God's offer to be reconciled unto him by Jesus Christ then you are still under his wrath.

"He that believes on the Son (and is reconciled) has everlasting life: and he that does not believe on the Son (has not been reconciled) and shall NOT see life; but the wrath of God abides upon him" John 3:36.

No reconciliation means no salvation. When we accept Jesus Christ as our savior we become reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ. When God reconciles us to himself by Jesus Christ he sees us "In Christ". The death of Christ becomes our death. "In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblamable and unreprovable in his sight" Colossians 1:22.

God never sees us who are Christians outside of Jesus Christ. If God saw us outside of Christ he would see us as sinners and he would have to judge us. God must judge sin where ever he finds it. This is why Paul wrote to the Colossians..."For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3. I don't know about you, but that is exactly where I want to be.

Maybe but, first, you must reconcile the sacrifice of Jesus for the remission of sins with repentance for forgiveness. Both don't go together in the same sentence. The sacrifice of Jesus cannot go along with repentance for salvation because one dispenses with the other.

Robert Pate

Banned
Are you implying that Isaiah, the great Prophet of the Most High was lying? I did quote him as evidence for what I said. (Isa. 1:18,19)

Isaiah also prophesied about Jesus Chist. "He was wounded for our transgressions" Isaiah 53:5.

This is the only way that your sins can be forgiven.

Ben Masada

Isaiah also prophesied about Jesus Chist. "He was wounded for our transgressions" Isaiah 53:5.

This is the only way that your sins can be forgiven.

According to who was that prophecy about Jesus, to you? You are going to do much better than that because I find too hard to take people's word for it.

And if that was the only way that our sins can be forgiven, why do we still have to repent so that our sins be forgiven? This is evidence that Jesus did not sacrifice himself for our sins. It is only obvious that repentance dispenses with the sacrifice of Jesus. It means that the death of Jesus was no sacrifice for our salvation. Those two concepts don't go along with each other.

That prophecy was fulfilled when Israel was Divinely rejected so that Judah be confirmed as the only People of the Lord in the Land of Israel. (Psalm 78:67-70

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That prophecy was fulfilled when Israel was Divinely rejected so that Judah be confirmed as the only People of the Lord in the Land of Israel. (Psalm 78:67-70

It would have been very shortsighted of God to choose Judah to be the savior of Israel since Judah was worse than Israel.

Robert Pate

Banned
According to who was that prophecy about Jesus, to you? You are going to do much better than that because I find too hard to take people's word for it.

And if that was the only way that our sins can be forgiven, why do we still have to repent so that our sins be forgiven? This is evidence that Jesus did not sacrifice himself for our sins. It is only obvious that repentance dispenses with the sacrifice of Jesus. It means that the death of Jesus was no sacrifice for our salvation. Those two concepts don't go along with each other.

You are about as lost as they come. You reject Christ and all that he has done for you.

Robert Pate

Banned
It's not his fault, God has blinded most Jews so that when they read the NT it is Greek to them. They don't understand it.

Yes, it is his fault.

He is without an excuse.

They don't understand the New Testament because they don't want to.

bsmitts

If a person teaches salvation by works like pateism does, chances are they have not been reconciled to God by the death of Christ. One cannot be a believer who teaches salvation by works !

Free gift means I didn't pay nor did I work for it. Hence the term "free." receiving what's offered is not a work, especially when you haven't received it physically. And by that same principle, one could also ignore the free gift. This can lead one to a dangerous place.