Has the Church Replaced Israel ?

Rodger

I DID NOT ask for your opinion and I can tell by this post that you didn't read the post that I asked you to read. Neither did you respond to anything said in the post that you quoted! You simply took it as an opportunity to pretend like you know more than you do and to bloviate as though you're some sort of bible answerman. You seem to be incapable of substantive two way discussion.

This website is a waste of my time.
Speaking of calling people liars, your exact words said in post #376..........

"Please read it! I'd be interested in your reaction to it."

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Speaking of calling people liars, your exact words said in post #376..........

"Please read it! I'd be interested in your reaction to it."
I very much doubt that you actually read it. If you did, you didn't understand a syllable of it because the things you said had basically nothing to do with what was said in the post and much of what you did say betrays the very high likelihood that you didn't read it at all.

Further, asking for a response is not the equivalent of asking your opinion. I couldn't care less about your personal opinions. Pointing out flaws in my reasoning, adding additional conclusions that are based on the premises included in my arguments, asking pertinent questions, etc. That's what substantive responses look like. They aren't invitations for you to waste my (and everyone else's including your own) time by basically ignoring the entire thing and using it instead as an excuse to talk about any tangential thing that pops into your head to bloviate about.

Then you want to cry like a child because I'm not nice to you in return for having my time wasted! Well, isn't that just too bad for you! I can be ignored all day long and have my time completely wasted and that isn't supposed to be insulting or offensive. Oh no! The only offense, the only disrespect that isn't allowed in your hypocritical mind is for someone to call you out for being a blow-hard waste of time who wouldn't know a substantive argument if one slapped him in the face.

Last edited:

Rodger

I very much doubt that you actually read it. If you did, you didn't understand a syllable of it because the things you said had basically nothing to do with what was said in the post and much of what you did say betrays the very high likelihood that you didn't read it at all.

Further, asking for a response is not the equivalent of asking your opinion. I couldn't care less about your personal opinions. Pointing out flaws in my reasoning, adding additional conclusions that are based on the premises included in my arguments, asking pertinent questions, etc. That's what substantive responses look like. They aren't invitations for you to waste my (and everyone else's including your own) time by basically ignoring the entire thing and using it instead as an excuse to talk about any tangential thing that pops into your head to bloviate about.

Then you want to cry like a child because I'm not nice to you in return for having my time wasted! Well, isn't that just too bad for you! I can be ignored all day long and have my time completely wasted and that isn't supposed to be insulting or offensive. Oh no! The only offense, the only disrespect that isn't allowed in your hypocritical mind is for someone to call you out for being a blow-hard waste of time who wouldn't know a substantive argument if one slapped him in the face.
Well arent you just the special one!
You are proven to be a liar and then you attack me personally!

It has nothing to do with you being nice to me because I do not care what you think or say. ! What is sad that you do not show any Christian behaviour on a Christian forum. You should be ashamed of yourself and please allow me to say that if you think your BULLY actions and words affect me.....you are very mistaken!

It is guys like you that hide behind a computer screen that given a bad name to Bullies!

I doubt you have any time to waste. Maybe the time wasted could be used to take a Dale Carnegie course because you have NO personality what soever!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

It has nothing to do with you being nice to me because I do not care what you think or say. ! What is sad that you do not show any Christian behaviour on a Christian forum. You should be ashamed of yourself and please allow me to say that if you think your BULLY actions and words affect me.....you are very mistaken!

It is guys like you that hide behind a computer screen that given a bad name to Bullies!

I doubt you have any time to waste. Maybe the time wasted could be used to take a Dale Carnegie course because you have NO personality what soever!

Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

Try growing thicker skin.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
OK.

So someone can call anyone here a Liar, and a hypocrite publicly and there is no repercussion.

Only if there is cause for it.

If you're being a liar and a hypocrite, and someone calls you a liar and a hypocrite, then there is not repercussion, because they are speaking the truth.

If you call someone a liar and a hypocrite, and they are neither lying nor being hypocritical, then yes, there will be repercussions, because it makes YOU the liar.

Thanks. Now I know how to react!

This is how you should act.
Thread 'The Current UPDATED TOL Ten Commandments' https://theologyonline.com/threads/the-current-updated-tol-ten-commandments.59431/

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You've proven no such thing and you know it. Do you actually think that we're all stupid?

It has nothing to do with you being nice to me because I do not care what you think or say.
Now, who's lying?

You really should try to remember that the entire thread is still here for the entire world to read, Rodger.

! What is sad that you do not show any Christian behaviour on a Christian forum.
Hypocrite!

How do you complain about being being personally attacked and then attack someone personally two sentences later without even noticing?

More importantly, I've done exactly nothing to deserve such an accusation.

You should be ashamed of yourself and please allow me to say that if you think your BULLY actions and words affect me.....you are very mistaken!
It has nothing to do with trying to bully you and the only effect I desire to have on you is to get you to be substantive with your responses and more careful about the words you use.

And even that, while your improved participation would be beneficial to everyone here, I mostly only care about when you're addressing me.
You see, I don't know you! I don't care ANYTHING about what you think of me or what I say or how I say it, except to the extent that your interaction is interesting, engaging, challenging or fun - FOR ME! I am not here to teach, nor am I here to learn, especially in any regard that relates to people who have a difficult time responding to what people say with any sort of substance. I am here for MY OWN benefit and for NO ONE else's. If I learn something form someone or if someone learns something from me, it is merely the icing on the cake.

More baseless personal attacks. Lovely!

You're a thin skinned, hypocritical cry baby who can't handle it when anyone is the opposite of impressed by what you believe is a great theological mind and insists that you actually respond to the arguments that have been made.

If your theological posts were 50% as responsive as this post was, you and I would get along just fine but your substance is about thimble deep and so that isn't going to ever happen.

Last edited:

Rodger

You've proven no such thing and you know it. Do you actually think that we're all stupid?

Now, who's lying?

You really should try to remember that the entire thread is still here for the entire world to read, Rodger.

Hypocrite!

How do you complain about being being personally attacked and then attack someone personally two sentences later without even noticing?

More importantly, I've done exactly nothing to deserve such an accusation.

It has nothing to do with trying to bully you and the only effect I desire to have on you is to get you to be substantive with your responses and more careful about the words you use.

And even that, while your improved participation would be beneficial to everyone here, I mostly only care about when you're addressing me.
You see, I don't know you! I don't care ANYTHING about what you think of me or what I say or how I say it, except to the extent that your interaction is interesting, engaging, challenging or fun - FOR ME! I am not here to teach, nor am I here to learn, especially in any regard that relates to people who have a difficult time responding to what people say with any sort of substance. I am here for MY OWN benefit and for NO ONE else's. If I learn something form someone or if someone learns something from me, it is merely the icing on the cake.

More baseless personal attacks. Lovely!

You're a thin skinned, hypocritical cry baby who can't handle it when anyone is the opposite of impressed by what you believe is a great theological mind and insists that you actually respond to the arguments that have been made.

If your theological posts were 50% as responsive as this post was, you and I would get along just fine but your substance is about thimble deep and so that isn't going to ever happen.
And YOU are a bully with a big mouth and a sarcastic attitude who is used to saying what he wants to say without any accountability!

When anyone is bullied, such as you are doing, a right response might be turning the other cheek as Jesus taught us. I am just not that good. I am not a pacifist! I will be more that happy to trade insults with you. However, the best thing to do is for each one of us to be on IGNORE option because I do not think that you can resist the temptation to be sarcastic and insulting.

Every thing I said to you was AFTER your comments to me which again proves that you do not know how to tell the truth.
All anyone has to do is read what was said. It is there for anyone to read.

I get along with everyone who wants to be gotten along with. You however went out of your way to make an enemy for some reason know only to yourself.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
And YOU are a bully with a big mouth and a sarcastic attitude who is used to saying what he wants to say without any accountability!
Nonsonse. I back up what I say with evidence and argument.

When anyone is bullied, such as you are doing, a right response might be turning the other cheek as Jesus taught us. I am just not that good.
You don't have any idea what you're even talking about.

I am not a pacifist!
If you were, it would be sinful. What is sinful is being a hypocrite.

I will be more that happy to trade insults with you. However, the best thing to do is for each one of us to be on IGNORE option because I do not think that you can resist the temptation to be sarcastic and insulting.
I will not even resist insulting people who are hypocrites and who intentionally waste my time by ignore 95% of what I say and make bald assertions with no evidence or even argument. My doing so will have one of three results.

1. They will start to engage with more thought and substance. (this almost never happens but you actually did do so, which gave me hope!)
2. They will stop engaging at all. (this also almost never happens)
3. They will be stubborn in their ways and I will stop engaging them. (there is a list of fools like this a mile long on my ignore list right now.)
Every thing I said to you was AFTER your comments to me which again proves that you do not know how to tell the truth.
All anyone has to do is read what was said. It is there for anyone to read.
This makes no sense at all. I respond directly to your own words which are all quoted verbatim immediately prior to what I say in response to them.

I get along with everyone who wants to be gotten along with.
I am not the least bit interested in getting along with people who I have to practically beg to be substantive and who are perfectly comfortable with ignoring what people that they're supposedly responding to actually say and who have to have the same point repeated to them several times before they will even acknowledge in writing that the point has been made!

You COMPLETELY ignored the fact that Tambora PROVED your position wrong by providing a perfect counter example of a female deacon and you refused to even respond to the point until after I chided you into doing so, which was the point of my doing so.
You however went out of your way to make an enemy for some reason know only to yourself.
On the contrary. I went out of my way to get you to be substantive. You did so for one whole post and then swung back to being worse than you were before by pretending to have read something that you clearly hadn't read and, instead of responding to any of the points made in my post, you spent your time shooting off onto a tangent that was only barely connected to the topic which the article you claim to have read was about as though everyone on planet Earth must surely be waiting with baited breath to see what you have to say about whatever pops into your head to talk about.

Last edited:

Rodger

I will not even resist insulting people who are hypocrites and who intentionally waste my time by ignore 95% of what I say and make bald assertions with no evidence or even argument. My doing so will have one of three results.

1. They will start to engage with more thought and substance. (this almost never happens but you actually did do so, which gave me hope!)
3. They will be stubborn in their ways and I will stop engaging them. (there is a list of fools like this a mile long on my ignore list right now.)

This makes no sense at all. I respond directly to your own words which are all quoted verbatim immediately prior to what I say in response to them.

I am not the least bit interested in getting along with people who I have to practically beg to be substantive and who are perfectly comfortable with ignoring what people that they're supposedly responding to actually say and who have to have the same point repeated to them several times before they will even acknowledge in writing that the point has been made!

You COMPLETELY ignored the fact that Tambora PROVED your position wrong by providing a perfect counter example of a female deacon and you refused to even respond to the point until after I chided you into doing so, which was the point of my doing so.

On the contrary. I went out of my way to get you to be substantive. You did so for one whole post and then swung back to being worse than you were before by pretending to have read something that you clearly hadn't read and, instead of responding to any of the points made in my post, you spent your time shooting off onto a tangent that was only barely connected to the topic which the article you claim to have read was about as though everyone on planet Earth must surely be waiting with baited breath to see what you have to say about whatever pops into your head to talk about.
You are a liar! Simple as that and when shown that you become defensive! Grow a pair my friend and stand up for what you said. It is all right here in black and white.

You come across like a person who has been living in his parents basement! Since YOU have no interest in getting along with people, I can assure you that there is not a long line of people wanting to talk with you.

YOU.....are the perfect example of why people say......."Why do I want to be a Christian, look at how Clete speaks and acts".

“If you're horrible to me, I'm going to write a song about it, and you won't like it. That's how I operate.”
― Taylor Swift

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You are a liar! Simple as that and when shown that you become defensive! Grow a pair my friend and stand up for what you said. It is all right here in black and white.
Hypocrite!

You come across like a person who has been living in his parents basement! Since YOU have no interest in getting along with people, I can assure you that there is not a long line of people wanting to talk with you.
Hypocrite!

YOU.....are the perfect example of why people say......."Why do I want to be a Christian, look at how Clete speaks and acts".
Hypocrite!

“If you're horrible to me, I'm going to write a song about it, and you won't like it. That's how I operate.”
― Taylor Swift
Quoting Taylor Swift lyrics. That fits.

Rodger

Hypocrite!

Hypocrite!

Hypocrite!

Quoting Taylor Swift lyrics. That fits.
Taylor Swift is about all I thought you could understand.

Here is one you might know........Mohandas Gandhi said.......
"Cowards can never be moral, Here is why:
They can know what is right and even want to do what is right but still not act rightly. Why?
Because they are afraid. They lack the courage to support their convictions."

Rodger

The clear teaching of the Bible is that when someone is saved his life will most definitely change as he is a “new creation, the old has gone and the new has come” and those who know him will know he is born again!

A true, born-again Christian will strive to bring glory and honor to Christ by living a life that is pleasing to God (in all that he says and does. IS THAT YOU?

True saving faith will indeed produce works or “fruit” in the life of the believer James 2:17. Thus, if there are no works of love in one’s life, a careful self-examination is certainly called for.

The apostle Paul instructed those in Corinth to do this very thing: in 2 Corth. 13:5.......
“Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you – unless, of course, you fail the test?”

Indeed, any profession of faith that does not result in a changed life and good works is a false profession, and the professor is not a Christian.

Do you actually think that your words and actions match what the Bible says we should be???

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Do you actually think that your words and actions match what the Bible says we should be???
YES! I absolutely do believe EXACTLY that!

You haven't a clue what you're even talking about. Your every post is hypoctricy on parade. You're too stubborn to see it or care.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Israel was chosen by grace and not by any righteousness of their own. (Rom 9:11)
Same with Gentiles, as we see NT writers tell of Gentiles believers being blessed instead of ethnic Israelites (as with Naaman).

So God's "elect" were always believers of any nation, and none of them could boast about themselves over the others. (Rom 11:18)

Paul expresses this very concept when he uses the Hosea passage of "not my people" becoming the people of God once again and applies it to Gentile believers (Rom 9:25-26) as much as Hosea applied it to Israel (Hos 10:23).

And no surprise since Paul was keen on the words of the OT and encouraged all to search those OT scriptures to see if what he told them was truth or not. (Act:17:11)

Romans 10
(19) But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you [Israel] to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

Quoted from the song of Moses in the OT:

Deuteronomy 32
(21) They [Israel] have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them [Israel] to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

Saved by grace was not some newfound mystery just for "Gentile church believers", it was for believers of the whole world all grafted into the same tree together as the people of God whose root was God/Christ. (Rom 11:16-18)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Israel was chosen by grace and not by any righteousness of their own. (Rom 9:11)
Same with Gentiles, as we see NT writers tell of Gentiles believers being blessed instead of ethnic Israelites (as with Naaman).

So God's "elect" were always believers of any nation, and none of them could boast about themselves over the others. (Rom 11:18)

Paul expresses this very concept when he uses the Hosea passage of "not my people" becoming the people of God once again and applies it to Gentile believers (Rom 9:25-26) as much as Hosea applied it to Israel (Hos 10:23).

And no surprise since Paul was keen on the words of the OT and encouraged all to search those OT scriptures to see if what he told them was truth or not. (Act:17:11)

Romans 10
(19) But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you [Israel] to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.

Quoted from the song of Moses in the OT:

Deuteronomy 32
(21) They [Israel] have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them [Israel] to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

Saved by grace was not some newfound mystery just for "Gentile church believers", it was for believers of the whole world all grafted into the same tree together as the people of God whose root was God/Christ. (Rom 11:16-18)
So then what changed, Tambora? If what you say is so, then why is there even a New Testament?

The only thing you said here that is accidentally correct is that God's selection of Israel (i.e. the nation) wasn't because of that nation's own righteousness. Everything else you've said completely ignores not only the fact that Paul explicitly calls "his gospel" the "the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began" (Romans 16 & Ephesians 3), but also the explicitly stated fact that, before Paul's gospel of grace, Gentiles were "aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world."(Ephesians 2).

According to you, this gospel of grace is "no surprise"! It's just the same as it had always been! If that's so, then why bother with the Paul in the first place? Jesus already had twelve apostles, why not send them to the whole world as Paul was sent? Why did they agree with Paul to only minister to "the circumcision" (Galatians 2)? Why was it necessary for Paul to be sent by God (i.e. by revelation (Galatians 2:2)) to explain his gospel to the Peter, James and John and why did he repeatedly call it "my gospel" and make a big point of telling his followers that he didn't receive his gospel from any person, nor was he taught it but that He received it by revelation from the risen Lord Jesus Christ? (Galatians 1). If nothing is different, then where in the world is there any need to give anything to anyone by revelation much less something that had to be explained BY PAUL (i.e. not God) to the guys in Jerusalem who had just spent the last few years directly under the training of the incarnate God the Son Himself?

If nothing's changed and Gentiles are saved today the same way they've always been, please explain to me how Peter, the lead Apostle, after having been trained by Christ Himself and after having received the Holy Spirit, was so completely confused that God had to twist his arm so hard to get him to even go inside Cornelius' house (Acts 10) and why would he have allowed "the men from James" to cause him to separate himself from the Gentiles to the point that Paul had to call him a hypocrite right to his face (Galatians 2)?