Guns!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

"I don't think anybody with a three digit IQ could buy that"

What Massad is overlooking is that half of the population of the US have two digit IQs

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ

"I don't think anybody with a three digit IQ could buy that"

What Massad is overlooking is that half of the population of the US have two digit IQs
OK----big fan of Mr. Ayoob on personal protection protocol----but the 10th Amendment literally invokes states rights. I agree the Second is about individual rights, but his argument in this clip has a hole in it.

way 2 go

337594_8ol6i41jvp3iitp_full.jpeg

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Assuming the video is real, it was almost certainly faulty ammo.

Even if that isn't the case, ammo that fires outside a gun isn't nearly as dangerous as the same bullet being fired from a gun. This is because, instead of most of the energy going to accelerate the bullet, the energy is simply split between the bullet and the casing. The casing has far less mass (in most cases) than the bullet and so a round that fires outside of a gun would see the casing fly off and a higher speed and in the opposite direction of the bullet.

More importantly, when you fire a round from a gun, the very high pressure that builds up inside firing chamber and the barrel of the gun is what accelerates the bullet toward whatever the gun it pointed at. If there is no gun then the expanding gas simply dissipates immediately after the bullet leaves the shell casing, robbing the bullet of nearly all of the power that it would have had, had it been fired from a gun. Depending on the round, Black Cat fireworks would likely go off with more intensity.

That, of course, doesn't mean that someone couldn't get injured by such a misfired round but it isn't as "scary" as the guy in the video seems to think. It could put out an eye or whatever but it isn't going to be anywhere close to having been shot with the same round through a gun.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Assuming the video is real, it was almost certainly faulty ammo.

Even if that isn't the case, ammo that fires outside a gun isn't nearly as dangerous as the same bullet being fired from a gun. This is because, instead of most of the energy going to accelerate the bullet, the energy is simply split between the bullet and the casing. The casing has far less mass (in most cases) than the bullet and so a round that fires outside of a gun would see the casing fly off and a higher speed and in the opposite direction of the bullet.

More importantly, when you fire a round from a gun, the very high pressure that builds up inside firing chamber and the barrel of the gun is what accelerates the bullet toward whatever the gun it pointed at. If there is no gun then the expanding gas simply dissipates immediately after the bullet leaves the shell casing, robbing the bullet of nearly all of the power that it would have had, had it been fired from a gun. Depending on the round, Black Cat fireworks would likely go off with more intensity.

That, of course, doesn't mean that someone couldn't get injured by such a misfired round but it isn't as "scary" as the guy in the video seems to think. It could put out an eye or whatever but it isn't going to be anywhere close to having been shot with the same round through a gun.
At the laundromat we'd have the occasional round go off in a dryer. A loud bang would cause the attendant to look up and a dryer door would pop open usually. We only had one door glass break (that was a rifle round if I recall, and it scared the scream out of the lady standing right in front of it).

We had a round go off when a tank was being loaded with ammunition. It was a 50 cal round and the guy that dropped it had to get special glasses to protect his eyes for a couple weeks while they healed since it was close to his face and the flash burned his eyes.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
"This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
- Adolph Hitler, April 15, 1935

"This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun !(*) Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
- Me, January 1, 2023

* Thanks to the Supreme Court. With thanks to Republican former President Trump and the former Republican Senate who put them in there.

Last edited: