God's law in the Bible

popsthebuilder

Looking at Genesis 1:29-30, I can see how SDA's justify being vegetarians. Never quite noticed that.....interesting.

Don't mean to deviate from topic.

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Genesis: 1. 28. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29. And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Genesis: 7. 1. And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. 2. Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. 3. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

Shalom.

What you have shared is important. Can you explain your answer or indicate what you believe that the first covenant is in scripture, the Bible, and / or Torah?

Does Scripture mean the Torah or the TaNaKh? I do not know. I have heard of Holy or Sacred Scripture, and the Jewish Bible (Torah) and the Hebrew Bible (the TaNaKh). I also accept Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob

popsthebuilder

Based on what I found and posted it seems the first covenant was that GOD freely gave all sustenance for all life to live, and that life is to flourish.

It also says that GOD will leave the seed of life so that the world may be fruitful.

In other words; GOD will not forsake HIS creation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Based on what I found and posted it seems the first covenant was that GOD freely gave all sustenance for all life to live, and that life is to flourish.

It also says that GOD will leave the seed of life so that the world may be fruitful.

In other words; GOD will not forsake HIS creation.

Shalom.

Perhaps some people will know something from this.

Where is the word covenant first used in the Bible?

Shalom.

Jacob

popsthebuilder

Shalom.

Perhaps some people will know something from this.

Where is the word covenant first used in the Bible?

Shalom.

Jacob
Genesis: 6. 18. But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

094639a05be11ccba70a801d528e2cfe.jpg

peace

popsthebuilder

Shalom.

Yes.

covenant

Does knowing Hebrew help me? I know some.

Genesis 6:18 Interlinear.

בְּרִית
bĕriyth

Shalom.

Jacob
Using the interlinear is helpful in showing all translations and the ones most fitting. Learning Hebrew isn't needed with it being the information age and all. Still though about learning it and Latin.

I can show a screen shot with the synonymous words used in translation if you like.

Or did I misunderstand, and you already employ an interlinear?

peace

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Using the interlinear is helpful in showing all translations and the ones most fitting. Learning Hebrew isn't needed with it being the information age and all. Still though about learning it and Latin.

I can show a screen shot with the synonymous words used in translation if you like.

Or did I misunderstand, and you already employ an interlinear?

peace

Shalom.

I have been learning Hebrew, but BlueLetterBible.org is an old resource. I own an Interlinear that I rarely use.

I read, study, observe, and teach Torah.

Was there a covenant with Adam and Eve? Was there a covenant with Adam?

Whatever you think will help.

Shalom.

Jacob

popsthebuilder

Shalom.

I have been learning Hebrew, but BlueLetterBible.org is an old resource. I own an Interlinear that I rarely use.

I read, study, observe, and teach Torah.

Was there a covenant with Adam and Eve? Was there a covenant with Adam?

Whatever you think will help.

Shalom.

Jacob
I'd like you to show them to me.

I'm not against being taught, and do hear truth.

peace

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'd like you to show them to me.

I'm not against being taught, and do hear truth.

peace

Shalom.

What do you want me to show you? I do not understand what you are asking me for. You were asking about what you wanted to share with me, and if you could.

Shalom.

Jacob