"God is No Respector of Persons" Acts 10:34

beloved57

It is a set of doctrines, yes, but the Gospel was an event in space and time in which God loved us and gave himself up for us and provided justification from our sins in fulfillment of what was promised to the fathers, Acts 13.

If you think tulip is in Acts 13's sermon fine. Otherwise just keep your comments to what Acts 13 says. I'm not interested in what human systems have come up with.

Tulip is the Gospel, and thats what you are not interested in !

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are you one of those within the Neo-MAD movement who actually believes that the Jews who lived under the law could not receive the blessings of the atonement until sometime in the future?
I'm a Bible believer who recognizes the blotting out of sins for Israel is when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord just as the scripture saith.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul confirms the covenant God made unto them, when He shall take away their sins.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

And stop with the "NeoMAD" comments. You are as bad as tet with his "Darby follower" labels. You both need to get over yourself.

SaulToPaul 2

And stop with the "NeoMAD" comments. You are as bad as tet with his "Darby follower" labels. You both need to get over yourself.

Yes, it's almost as if Jerry has placed Andersen and O'Hair upon a pedestal, declaring them Co-Popes of MAD...infallible when writing ex-cathedra. All defectors need to be burned at the stake, or at the least severely punished, or whipped.

Jerry Shugart

I'm a Bible believer who recognizes the blotting out of sins for Israel is when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord just as the scripture saith.

You believe those verses which are speaking of "corporate" Israel but you continue to insist that none of the "individual" Jews who lived under the law will receive any of the blessings of the atonement until the Lord Jesus returns to the earth.

However, it is evident to those with even the slightest spiritual discernment that the Jews to whom Peter wrote his epistles had already received blessing which flowed from the atonement:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

Even though Peter tells these people that the have been REDEEMED BY THE BLOOD OF THE LORD JESUS you insist that they have not yet received any of the blessings of the atonement.

Once again you refuse to believe anything revealed in the Bible which contradicts the teaching of those in the Neo-MAD camp. I can only conclude that you put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say.

They were redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus but you say that they will not receive any of the blessings which flow from the atonement until the Lord Jesus returns.

Sir Robert Anderson describes you perfectly here:

"In no other sphere save that of religion do men of intelligence and culture willingly subject their minds to delusions. The historic Church once tried to compel belief that this planet was the fixed centre of the solar system; but who believes it now? Men cannot be made to believe that water runs uphill, or that five and five make anything but ten. In no other sphere can they be induced to stultify reason and common sense. But in religion there seems to be no limit to their credulity" (Anderson, The Bible or the Church? [London: Pickering & Inglis, Second Edition], 61).​

Jerry Shugart

Yes, it's almost as if Jerry has placed Andersen and O'Hair upon a pedestal, declaring them Co-Popes of MAD...infallible when writing ex-cathedra. All defectors need to be burned at the stake, or at the least severely punished, or whipped.

No, I place the Bible upon a pedestal, unlike you.

You prove over and over that your final authority is the teaching within the Neo-MAD community. For example, they teach that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved unless they believe and do works. However, the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law prove that "believing" was all they had to do to be saved:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

Do you agree with the Lord Jesus that the only requirement for salvation for these Jews was to "believe"?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Are you one of those within the Neo-MAD movement who actually believes that the Jews who lived under the law could not receive the blessings of the atonement until sometime in the future?

One of those blessings of the atonement is redemption through the blood of the Lord Jesus. And those to whom Peter addressed in His first epistle had indeed received that blessing:

" Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

You are totally confused and you will stay confused as long as you continue to put more faith in the teachings of the Neo-MAD crowd than you do in what the Sacriptures actually say.

Heir is one of the best posters. You're one of the worst. Take my
word for it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You believe those verses which are speaking of "corporate" Israel but you continue to insist that none of the "individual" Jews who lived under the law will receive any of the blessings of the atonement until the Lord Jesus returns to the earth.

However, it is evident to those with even the slightest spiritual discernment that the Jews to whom Peter wrote his epistles had already received blessing which flowed from the atonement:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

Even though Peter tells these people that the have been REDEEMED BY THE BLOOD OF THE LORD JESUS you insist that they have not yet received any of the blessings of the atonement.

Once again you refuse to believe anything revealed in the Bible which contradicts the teaching of those in the Neo-MAD camp. I can only conclude that you put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say.

They were redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus but you say that they will not receive any of the blessings which flow from the atonement until the Lord Jesus returns.

Sir Robert Anderson describes you perfectly here:

"In no other sphere save that of religion do men of intelligence and culture willingly subject their minds to delusions. The historic Church once tried to compel belief that this planet was the fixed centre of the solar system; but who believes it now? Men cannot be made to believe that water runs uphill, or that five and five make anything but ten. In no other sphere can they be induced to stultify reason and common sense. But in religion there seems to be no limit to their credulity" (Anderson, The Bible or the Church? [London: Pickering & Inglis, Second Edition], 61).​
You mistakenly think redemption is Israel's day of atonement, but it is my understanding that they are different. I believe the scriptures of when they shall receive the blotting out of sins. You reject it. I can't make you believe it. Your unbelief is on you, not me.

Jerry Shugart

You mistakenly think redemption is Israel's day of atonement, but it is my understanding that they are different.

I never said that and I do not believe that!

I believe the scriptures of when they shall receive the blotting out of sins. You reject it. I can't make you believe it. Your unbelief is on you, not me.

As usual you refuse to address what I said here:

One of those blessings of the atonement is redemption through the blood of the Lord Jesus. And those to whom Peter addressed in His first epistle had indeed received that blessing:

You must not understand that here the words "precious blood of Christ" are referring to the atonement.

Why do you run and hide from those verses?

If you cannot see that these people had received blessings that flow from the atonement then you obviously cannot understand spiritual things:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).​

Robert Pate

Banned

You must not understand that here the words "precious blood of Christ" are referring to the atonement.

Why do you run and hide from those verses?

If you cannot see that these people had received blessings that flow from the atonement then you obviously cannot understand spiritual things:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).​

When Christ died on the cross all of humanity died with him, Romans 6:6. God put to death the whole sinful Adamic race in Jesus Christ. This is how he defeated sin, death and the devil and reconciled the world unto himself, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

In the resurrection of Jesus God has brought forth a new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. God is at peace with the world because he sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20, 21, 22.

Salvation has been provided for all as a gift from God. It is because of the doing and the dying of Jesus that, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

beloved57

When Christ died on the cross all of humanity died with him, Romans 6:6. God put to death the whole sinful Adamic race in Jesus Christ. This is how he defeated sin, death and the devil and reconciled the world unto himself, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

In the resurrection of Jesus God has brought forth a new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. God is at peace with the world because he sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20, 21, 22.

Salvation has been provided for all as a gift from God. It is because of the doing and the dying of Jesus that, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

You can quote scripture all day, but if you are still in unbelief, it doesn't do you any good!

Jerry Shugart

When Christ died on the cross all of humanity died with him, Romans 6:6.

No, only those who have been baptized into Jesus Christ have died with the Lord Jesus:

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death" (Ro.6:3-4).​

What evidence can you give that all humanity has been baptized into Jesus Christ?

heir

TOL Subscriber
So you understand that they are different yet deny that Israel's day of atonement is future? :dizzy:

Oh, please. You brought up "atonement" and then cited a verse about redemption. You either can't read or you don't know what the verse you cited even says. In either case, you don't believe the scriptures. Peter knew full well the atonement for Israel is yet future or he would not have said what He did in Acts 3:19-21 KJV which is in one accord with 1 John 1:9 KJV, Hebrews 8:8-10 KJV) and confirmed by Paul in Romans 11:26-27 KJV). I believe what saith the scripture unto them and what saith the scripture unto me, a member of the Body of Christ (Romans 5:11 KJV).

Jerry Shugart

Oh, please. You brought up "atonement" and then cited a verse about redemption.

So what? Do you deny that one of the blessings which which flow from the atonement is redemption? Those to whom Peter addressed in His first epistle had indeed received that blessing:

You must not understand that here the words "precious blood of Christ" are referring to the atonement. Or perhaps you have not yet come to that understanding yet.

If you do understand it then give me your interpretation of the meaning of 1 Peter 1:18-19.

Of course you can't and that us why you want to change the subject from 1 Peter 1:18-19 to the "day of atonement."