God is Jesus vs. Jesus is God

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Yes, I can see that he or she is not answering plainly.

I think it is the Father speaking in the OT, and in the NT we learn that the Son was there from the beginning.

John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

drbrumley

That is right. They are one and the same. So glad to meet you. So just to clarify, you are not a trinitarian, right?

Define Trinitarian? There is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. 3 in 1...all the same. There is no explanation for it...but I believe it, because God has shown it thru His word.

“Try to define the Trinity and you’ll lose your mind. Deny it and you’ll lose your soul.”

And that's the plain unadulterated truth.

glorydaz

God tempts no man....

James 1:13

“Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:”

So who tempted Abraham?....

Gen 22:1

And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

"Tempted with evil"......not the same as being tested by God.

glorydaz

God tempts no man....

“Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:”

So who tempted Abraham?....

And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

Who spoke there would be the better question. ;)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The phrase God the son has rubbed me the wrong way in times past.
Mainly due to my dislike of isms.

But after trying to reason out my last question, it came to me that James is speaking of God the Father.

While Moses was speaking of God the son.

I don't know if those who use that term see it that way or not.

But I would like to thank @cobra2003 for starting this thread. :)

God's Truth

Define Trinitarian? There is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. 3 in 1...all the same. There is no explanation for it...but I believe it, because God has shown it thru His word.

“Try to define the Trinity and you’ll lose your mind. Deny it and you’ll lose your soul.”

And that's the plain unadulterated truth.

If you can't explain it, then it is not defendable.

drbrumley

If you can't explain it, then it is not defendable.

Ok, how can the finite comprehend the infinite? I mean if you want to go that route, God made the heavens and the earth...How? Do you know how God did it? All I know is God spoke it. And there it was. I can't explain the process, can you? If not, you really cannot sit there and say it is not defendable.

glorydaz

The phrase God the son has rubbed me the wrong way in times past.
Mainly due to my dislike of isms.

But after trying to reason out my last question, it came to me that James is speaking of God the Father.

While Moses was speaking of God the son.

I don't know if those who use that term see it that way or not.

But I would like to thank @cobra2003 for starting this thread. :)

Then you think God the Son tempted Abraham, but not God the Father?

God tempts no man with evil (whether it be Father, Son, or Holy Ghost).

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
"Tempted with evil"......not the same as being tested by God.

A test is a test.

https://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/14917/does-god-tempt-abraham-in-genesis-221

the Rabbis who translated the Septuagint - the Greek translation of the Old Testament which would have been used by James use the word πειράζω in Gen 22:1 - the same word (though different conjugation) as is used by James in 1:13. James clearly understood whatever he was referencing (tempting or testing) to be the same thing as what Abraham experienced.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Then you think God the Son tempted Abraham, but not God the Father?

So you don't believe Father is omniscient?

12 “Don’t lay a hand on the boy!” the angel said. “Do not hurt him in any way, for now I know that you truly fear God. You have not withheld from me even your son, your only son.”

drbrumley

Then you don't know enough to discuss what the trinitarians say.

Let's just talk about you then.

So you believe that the Father and the Son are the same; good.

It's obvious you are not a fan of Trinitarians...so who here is?

I know [MENTION=3801]keypurr[/MENTION] has a rather warped view, same as [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] as they are antitrinitarian to the core. .

God's Truth

It's obvious you are not a fan of Trinitarians...so who here is?

I know [MENTION=3801]keypurr[/MENTION] has a rather warped view, same as [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] as they are antitrinitarian to the core. .

They don't believe Jesus is God.

Jesus is God.

Tell me more about your beliefs.

glorydaz

I don't believe that. The Hebrew word includes "to prove". I think you should look further.

The context belies it, anyway. Abraham was obeying God. It is not evil to obey God.

James 1:12-15 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.​

Status
Not open for further replies.