Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Just showing you and biblegate where you took the wrong turn.

You haven't shown me or anyone else anything, just repeated the same ol' mantra you've already uttered.

Show me what I added. Use the [YELLOW][/YELLOW] to highlight what I have added to scripture.

It is what was IN Jesus that is a form of God.

No, Keypurr.

Read it again:

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, - Philippians 2:5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians2:5&version=NKJV

"Let this mind be in you" doesn't mean some being inhabits you. It's a figure of speech that means (and you can look this up, I'm not making it up) to have the same mindset, or to think the same way.

who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, - Philippians 2:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians2:6&version=NKJV

Jesus was in the form of God. Not "a god." "THEOU". God. There is none equal to God in any way, meaning that Jesus was God, and therefore did not consider it robbery (which is what having other gods does, by stealing the glory due God), to be equal to God.

In other words, it wasn't robbery for him to be in the form of God BECAUSE HE WAS/IS GOD.

but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. - Philippians 2:7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians2:7&version=NKJV

The phrase used here is "but himself emptied." You can't empty something that doesn't have anything in it. He then took the form of a servant, aka a man, and came in the likeness of men.

He, being God, LITERALLY BECAME A MAN to walk among men.

And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. - Philippians 2:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians2:8&version=NKJV

Being a man, He was the epitome of obedience, even giving his life up willingly, on the cross.

(Prediction: Keypurr will ignore this explanation of these verses, and reassert his position.)

His firstborn of all creation. Jesus was a man sent to be the Saviour.

No. He was the Savior sent to be a man. The ONLY Savior, God. That's scripture.

Being the flesh son of God he was the only one who was stainless to be the Lamb of God. He was the only one God could trust with the power of the logos.

None of that is supported by scripture, especially considering Psalm 49:7-9, 15, which says that a man cannot ransom his life for another, because the cost is too high just for his own.

READ the verse again without the stupid comments from biblegate.

Please tell me what "stupid comments" you are referring to.

Also, it's "Bible Gateway", not "biblegate." :mock:

I do not think the NKJV is any worse than the rest of the Greek Bibles. I even question the AENT in place, so I look my collection of translations to formulate my opinion.

"Any worse"? Do you hear yourself? The Bible is God's word. You should have more respect for it.

Stop adding words to scripture, stop assuming and think deeper. Your not going forward in truth.

SHOW ME WHAT WORDS I AM ADDING TO SCRIPTURE OR STOP ACCUSING ME OF DOING SO.

Christ was IN Jesus, the Logos is what made Jesus the Christ. He was anointed with the logos, the true spirit Son of God.

No, Keypurr. Again:

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, - Philippians 2:5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians2:5&version=NKJV

"Let this mind be in you" doesn't mean some being inhabits you. It's a figure of speech that means (and you can look this up, I'm not making it up) to have the same mindset, or to think the same way.

who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, - Philippians 2:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians2:6&version=NKJV

Jesus was in the form of God. Not "a god." "THEOU". God. There is none equal to God in any way, meaning that Jesus was God, and therefore did not consider it robbery (which is what having other gods does, by stealing the glory due God), to be equal to God.

In other words, it wasn't robbery for him to be in the form of God BECAUSE HE WAS/IS GOD.

but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. - Philippians 2:7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians2:7&version=NKJV

The phrase used here is "but himself emptied." You can't empty something that doesn't have anything in it. He then took the form of a servant, aka a man, and came in the likeness of men.

And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. - Philippians 2:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians2:8&version=NKJV

Being a man, He was the epitome of obedience, even giving his life up willingly, on the cross.

(Prediction: Keypurr will ignore this explanation of these verses, and reassert his position.)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

No one can redeem the life of another
or give to God a ransom for them—
the ransom for a life is costly,
no payment is ever enough—
so that they should live on forever
and not see decay.

This verse is not saying anything what you claim.

No man can pay for another man's life. It's too costly.

Only God (verse 15) can save man.

Your WRONG. He had to be a MAN to be the Lamb of God.

JESUS IS BOTH GOD AND MAN. PRIOR TO THE INCARNATION, HE WAS ONLY GOD, NOT MAN. AFTER THE INCARNATION, HE WAS BOTH GOD AND MAN, AND STILL IS TO THIS DAY.

THAT YOU KEEP IGNORING THIS AS BEING MY POSITION IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

That is your big mistake.

I made no mistake. Your mistake is that you apparently don't know how to read.

If he was God he was not eligible to be the sacrifice for mankind.

God is the ONLY ONE eligible to be the sacrifice for mankind, even though a MAN is required, because NO MAN CAN PAY THE PRICE TO RANSOM ANOTHER MAN'S LIFE.

NO MAN IS VALUABLE ENOUGH TO PAY FOR ANOTHER MAN'S LIFE. ONLY GOD. Psalm 49:15

THINK if you can.

Says the one who apparently has no eyes, let alone a brain to correctly interpret what he reads from other persons on TOL.

keypurr

From some notes I have.

Many prophecies indicated that the Coming One would arise from the "seed," the stock of humanity, in a particular from Abrahamic and Davidic stock. The Messiah would be from the biological chain within the human family, specifically of Jewish pedigree: "The Lord your God will rise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your own countrymen [literally, brothers]; you shall listen to him" (Deut.18:15). In this passage, Moses predicts that the coming Messiah would be a person "like me," raised up from "among" the people of Israel, and that God would not speak to the people directly, because they were afraid that if God spoke without a mediator they would die (V16). The coming "prophet" would be a man of whom it is said that God would "put his word in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And it shall come about whoever will not listen to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him” (v. 18-19). To say that the Messiah is God Himself is to contradict the whole point of this prophecy.

More from notes I have

Is that what you get out of it? As Isaiah pointed out earlier, the Messiah is a man anointed by YHWH. He is supposed to be a prophet from among their own kinsmen. The following is a Messianic prophecy spoken by none other than Moses.
Deuteronomy 18:18 – "And the LORD (YHWH) said to me, ‘This was well said. I will raise up for you a prophet like you FROM AMONG YOUR OWN KINSMEN, and will put my words into his mouth; he shall tell them all that I command him."
Did the Apostles know that Jesus was a MAN from among their own kinsmen? Of course they did. They quoted this verse in reference to Jesus in Acts.
Acts 3:20-22 – "And that the Lord may grant you times of refreshment and send you the Messiah already appointed for you…For Moses said; A prophet like me will the Lord (YHWH), your God raise up for you FROM AMONG YOUR OWN KINSMEN."
Wow! They did know! Of course they knew. This is what the Old Testament predicted of the Messiah. Let's now look at the famous suffering servant of Isaiah 53 states:
Isaiah 53:3 – "He was spurned and avoided by men, a MAN of suffering."
The Apostle Matthew quotes Isaiah 53 in Matthew 8:17. Peter quotes Isaiah 53 in 1 Peter 2:22-24. Isaiah 53 is quoted all over the place in the New Testament by all the Apostles. Of course they knew.
Now other things are starting to make sense. Trinitarians claim that since Jesus is fully God at all times, that he is omniscient. That’s a big word. It means all knowing. It means Jesus knows everything about everything. But that’s not what these simple verses say. Revelation’s opening verse states;

Jesus Christ was a MAN, not God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
that "same ol' mantra" is simple and clear verses to refute your complicated man-made and twisted doctrine.
He has not refuted ANYTHING. IF HE HAS, QUOTE THE POST. I GUARANTEE that I or someone else has rebutted his post, meaning there is no refutation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
He has not refuted ANYTHING. IF HE HAS, QUOTE THE POST. I GUARANTEE that I or someone else has rebutted his post, meaning there is no refutation.

He does not have to.

what you are doing is playing games.

Gospel is simple and clear. You don't have to go to trinity college to follow Jesus' teachings.

do you know that Jesus rebuked those scribes?

Why are you copying the evil things that Jesus condemned?

keypurr

You haven't shown me or anyone else anything, just repeated the same ol' mantra you've already uttered.

Show me what I added. Use the [YELLOW][/YELLOW] to highlight what I have added to scripture.

No, Keypurr.

Read it again:

No. He was the Savior sent to be a man. The ONLY Savior, God. That's scripture.

None of that is supported by scripture, especially considering Psalm 49:7-9, 15, which says that a man cannot ransom his life for another, because the cost is too high just for his own.

Please tell me what "stupid comments" you are referring to.

Also, it's "Bible Gateway", not "biblegate." :mock:

"Any worse"? Do you hear yourself? The Bible is God's word. You should have more respect for it.

SHOW ME WHAT WORDS I AM ADDING TO SCRIPTURE OR STOP ACCUSING ME OF DOING SO.

No, Keypurr. Again:

Your right for once, I will ignore your post as jibberish.

Until you step out of the sand box you will never think for yourself.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes I do believe in the scriptures.

But over time they have been distorted by translators using their own beliefs.

We must prove all things, most don"t.

The Scriptures have been translated ONCE, from Hebrew and Greek, to English, and EVERY time a translation is updated, it's not just done willy nilly. It's done EXTREMELY carefully.

kgov.com/kjo

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He does not have to.

The onus is on him to show that the Bible does not say what it actually says.

what you are doing is playing games.

No games here.

Gospel is simple and clear. You don't have to go to trinity college to follow Jesus' teachings.

What's your point?

do you know that Jesus rebuked those scribes?

What's your point?

Why are you copying the evil things that Jesus condemned?

Begging the question. What "evil things" am I copying" that Jesus condemned?

keypurr

The Scriptures have been translated ONCE, from Hebrew and Greek, to English, and EVERY time a translation is updated, it's not just done willy nilly. It's done EXTREMELY carefully.

kgov.com/kjo

By people with adgendas. Are you really that stupid? The RCC is famous for that.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The onus is on him to show that the Bible does not say what it actually says.

No games here.

What's your point?

What's your point?

Begging the question. What "evil things" am I copying" that Jesus condemned?

My point is you are playing "scholar" game like scribes of Jesus' time.

drbrumley

I deny that Jesus is God.

I do not see where Jesus or his Apostles preach a three piece God.

I think God (YHWH), has the power and wisdom to do what ever he wishes.

I believe that YHWH is the only true God and he is one.

Now that's all I got to say on the matter.

You cannot answer a direct question can you?

Jesus being God or not God has nothing to do with the post....but you knew that.

You categorically said that the trinity as a word was not found in the bible....I replied neither is omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence.

Are you therefore denying God is all 3 of these (omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence.)?

Now either affirm or deny your pathetic excuse doesn't hold up. I know what you believe, but your answer was the word trinity wasn't in the bible. I just blew that out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.