God is Jesus vs. Jesus is God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you know what enlighten means?

To let you know. To give light to, to give understanding, to broaden your perspective.

Where would you like to start? Did you misinterpret me or misunderstand what I said? Do you understand that it was what you said that I had a problem with or took issue with?

To give more knowledge or add more knowledge is different than helping you know what I am seeing in what you said. If the first step of your sentence is not seen as wrong, you would or may misinterpret what I said.

Shalom.

Jacob

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are speaking around everything.
Nope.
It is you that is avoiding with every fiber of your being what is clearly stated in the NT.

Who was speaking in the Old Testament?
You need recognize that there are 2 distinct persons in John 17:5 that have interacted with each other even before the world was.
Plus the dozens of other scriptures that show interaction between the Father and the Son.
You trying to distract from that by harping about the OT as if the NT scripture I gave doesn't exist.
You avoid it because you know it blows your theory right out the window and you are desperately trying to filler buster the thread with questions about the OT to distract from your blatant incompetence to recognize 2 distinct persons interacting with each other.

2003cobra

The phrase God the son has rubbed me the wrong way in times past.
Mainly due to my dislike of isms.

But after trying to reason out my last question, it came to me that James is speaking of God the Father.

James 1:13

“Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:”

While Moses was speaking of God the son.

Gen 22:1

And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

I don't know if those who use that term see it that way or not.

But I would like to thank @cobra2003 for starting this thread. :)
You are welcome.

On Genesis 22.1, maybe we should view that as a test rather than a temptation.

God's Truth

Nope.
It is you that is avoiding with every fiber of your being what is clearly stated in the NT.

You need recognize that there are 2 distinct persons in John 17:5 that have interacted with each other even before the world was.
Plus the dozens of other scriptures that show interaction between the Father and the Son.
You trying to distract from that by harping about the OT as if the NT scripture I gave doesn't exist.
You avoid it because you know it blows your theory right out the window and you are desperately trying to filler buster the thread with questions about the OT to distract from your blatant incompetence to recognize 2 distinct persons interacting with each other.

The Father is Spirit.

There is the earthy and the spiritual.

You say God is not Spirit.

You have not the truth.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I don't believe that. The Hebrew word includes "to prove". I think you should look further.

The context belies it, anyway. Abraham was obeying God. It is not evil to obey God.

James 1:12-15 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.​

An interesting concept was shared further down in that link I found.

What if it was satan transformed into an angel of light that tempted Abraham?

This from the link....

https://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/14917/does-god-tempt-abraham-in-genesis-221

God did not need to tempt Abraham to see Abraham's faith, let's look at the story again.
In verse 2 of Genesis 22, it is recorded that God called Abraham and set him to sacrifice Isaac, but let's see from verse 11:

And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. (Genesis 22:11-12)

Was it God? He feared God and did not with hold his only son from me, who? The angel. Let's not forget that in the old testament, Satan the devil was not often identified.

Let's compare:
And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah. (2 Samuel 24:1)

Now this verse seems to suggest God moved David to sin, but let's look at another report of same incident:

And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. (1 Chronicles 21:1)

Now if we don't know God, we accept the first report, but indeed it was the devil. The same who tempted Jesus.

In the New Testament, the devil and deceiver is exposed, so we know that the temptations were not of God, hence James 1:13:

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Status
Not open for further replies.