George Zimmerman looking worse and worse

rexlunae

I'm not the one with their facts wrong, it was not Martin's neighborhood.

He was visiting his father at his (the father's) fiancee's house.

Right. His father's fiancee owned a house. His father was living there, and he was staying there at the time. Some sources say he was visiting, some say that he was living there temporarily, but either way, he was supposed to be there.

When I was 17, where my parents lived is where I lived. I didn't own any houses at the time, but I was still home in their neighborhoods, wherever they happened to be.

As I said, not that it matters beyond the fact that you got it wrong.
It's hard enough to sort thru these things when we all have the same facts and impossible when we don't.

It matters, if you're going to argue that he was some sort of interloper who had no business being there. So, at this point, since you've agreed he had a right to be there, in a gated community, I don't see where it matters.

They both do have the right to be there yes, not Martins neighborhood.
Him and his Father were visiting his Father's girlfriend.
Martin did not live there.
Are we done with this detail?

I'm done if you are.

Right, Martin approched Zimmerman's truck first.

And promptly ran away. Without doing anything to speak of.

Wrong, he approached Zimmerman while he was in his truck parked in front of the club house on the phone with the police.
Read the transcript;
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

Yeah, but then he left. And Zimmerman followed him, disregarding what the police dispatcher told him. Martin had a pretty good reason to approach the truck, and there's nothing wrong with doing so, and he didn't do anything but run away at that point.

Zimmerman was worried that "these <censored> always get away". He said so himself. And then he chased him.

Zimmerman called the cops so you can forget that "ill intentions" line. Do I display "ill intentions" when I call the cops on a suspicious person?

Potentially. I would say that the 911 call strongly suggests ill intentions in the form of profiling and giving chase.

He was bashing someones head against the sidewalk.
The concrete side walk.
It would have been great if the cops had showed up in time but they didn't.

Or if Zimmerman hadn't chased after Martin.

No doubt, that's why he called the cops.

He should have let the cops do their jobs.

He called the cops, read the transcript.

Yes, I KNOW. :duh:

If he called the cops because Martin was black has no bearing on the fact that he did what one is supposed to do when they see a suspicious person.

He wasn't supposed to give chase. And he wasn't supposed to be armed. He's a vigilante

Irrelevant, he called the cops.

That only makes a difference if you then let the cops do their jobs.

I would agree on the bad taste part, he should change his appearance and get on with his life.

Well, great.

His life is ruined and he is one of the most reviled figures in recent memory because of all the people who bought into the medias witch hunt.

I really don't know how you can look at the outcome of this case and be satisfied with it.

He shot someone who was bashing his head into a sidewalk.
What were his choices?

Carrying a gun on a neighborhood watch. Racial profiling. Chasing a stranger.

I agree, it doesn't justify Martin attacking him. But Zimmerman set up the circumstances that lead Martin to have a reasonable fear for his own safety.

Tell me Rex, forget about what you think about him following him down the side walk with the police on the phone. He's there and Martin is on top of him pounding his head into the side walk, was he just supposed to play dead? Apologize?
What?

I hope that I wouldn't get myself into that situation. It may be true that once you get to that point, the only choice is to fight your way out with whatever means you have. But that doesn't wipe away the actions that you've taken up to that point. Look at it from Trayvon's perspective. You see a guy chasing you. You don't know why. What would you do? Would you wait and see if he catches you?

Mr. 5020

If you were involved in the debate about Zimmerman and Martin here when it was all unfolding, you'll recall plenty defending the character of this guy. Martin was an idiot, Zimmerman is an idiot and anyone who ever thought he was anything other than that is as well.
I was here. :)

fool

Hall of Fame
So are you now conceding that this wasn't "Zimmerman's neighbourhood" then?

Nothing of the sort, it was Zimmerman's Neighborhood. Not Martin's Trayvon Martin lived and attended school three and a half hours away in Miami Gardens.
Martin was visiting. He was allowed to be there and was not trespassing by his mere presence.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Look at it from Trayvon's perspective. You see a guy chasing you. You don't know why. What would you do? Would you wait and see if he catches you?

i would go directly to my father's fiance's townhouse, where i belonged

and trayvon didn't describe it as "chasing"

he described it as "the man was watching me" "looking at me" "following me", according to his girlfrind's testimony

You realize that there's a difference between walking innocently down a sidewalk, and following someone with a gun, right?

is there any reason to believe trayvon knew the "creepy a$$ cracker" had a gun?

He was still chasing after Trayvon.

rather, he was trying to see where he had gone, in answer to the police dispatcher's questions - when she told him "we don't need you to do that" his response was "OK"

not, "no, i'm going to chase after him some more"

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He wasn't out for Skittles. He was casing the new neighborhood for his next break in. I'm glad a violent thug like that is gone.

ok doser

But Zimmerman set up the circumstances that lead Martin to have a reasonable fear for his own safety.

why would he fear for his safety just because a white man was watching him and talking on the phone?

remember - trayvon had no way of knowing that Zimmerman was armed

and Rachel Jeantel's testimony never mentioned that trayvon felt threatened

Trayvon set up the circumstances that drew the attention of Zimmerman

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
why would he fear for his safety just because a white man was watching him and talking on the phone?

remember - trayvon had no way of knowing that Zimmerman was armed

and Rachel Jeantel's testimony never mentioned that trayvon felt threatened

Trayvon set up the circumstances that drew the attention of Zimmerman
Trayvon caught a bullet :idunno:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
... You're an idiot if that's how you characterize the situation, Martin was shot because he was beating Zimmermans head against the sidewalk, not because he "came to the neighborhood" as you so glibly put it.
Given that Zimmerman had every reason to portray Martin as the aggressor to avoid a murder conviction and that he eliminated the only person who could contradict his story, only a "fool" would accept this version at face value!

ok doser

In his interview with The Daily Beast, Zimmerman showed no remorse over the killing, and for the first time publicly blamed Trayvon's parents for the incident.

"They didn’t raise their son right. He attacked a complete stranger and attempted to kill him,” Zimmerman said of Trayvon.

“Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin did everything they could to capitalize on her son’s death,” he said. “She was never a mother figure to him. Tracy Martin couldn’t have cared less about their son. He treated him like a dog without a leash.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/05/18/auction-ends-gun-killed-trayvon-martin/84547144/

a mad dog who got put down :thumb:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

In his interview with The Daily Beast, Zimmerman showed no remorse over the killing, and for the first time publicly blamed Trayvon's parents for the incident.

"They didn’t raise their son right. He attacked a complete stranger and attempted to kill him,” Zimmerman said of Trayvon.

“Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin did everything they could to capitalize on her son’s death,” he said. “She was never a mother figure to him. Tracy Martin couldn’t have cared less about their son. He treated him like a dog without a leash.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/05/18/auction-ends-gun-killed-trayvon-martin/84547144/

a mad dog who got put down :thumb:

Go Jorge !!!