Fiona Hill: "The president was trying to stage a coup"

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't hate anyone, marke. And I love my country.

I do believe you and many others have been deceived by the firehose of relentless right-wing misinformation, disinformation, and outright lies. I know you think the same about me and we are at an impasse. I also believe you love your country too, no doubt. We just have differences that aren't going to be reconciled at this rate.

You, as always, are too kind.

marke

Democrats considered the 2016 election a coup. No wonder they did everything in their power to remove him from office.
trump-the-power-lifter-grrr-graphics-ben-garrison-cartoon.jpg

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
...about Liz. In the meantime, she has more brass than all the men in the feckless GOP put together. Well, maybe all but one or two men.
It's not often I agree with you Anna, but you nailed this one. It's disgusting to me how many spineless Republicans have the audacity to call themselves "leaders."

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
You brought it up, not me.
Because while it's possible to be bipartisan, if one party resists bipartisanship then both parties will eternally electioneer rather than seek a supermajoritarian position, because if we all agree on a thing then that thing fails to motivate our base or persuade independents from voting for one party over another.
Liz Cheney is a boss, she'll go down in the history books for her loyalty to her country and Constitution over party.

The rest of the feckless GOP who abetted Trump will be remembered differently. As she put it:

"There is a reason why people serving in our Government take an oath to the Constitution.
As our founding fathers recognized, democracy is fragile. People in positions of public trust are duty-bound to defend it – to step forward when action is required. In our country, we don’t swear an oath to an individual, or a political party. We take our oath to defend the United States Constitution. And that oath must mean something.
Tonight, I say this to my Republican colleagues who are defending the indefensible – there will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain."
Hopefully the congresswoman will get a good challenge in the primary this year. No matter who wins the primary, will win the seat. I'm going to be curious how Wyomingites feel about her this term.

Idolater

Ginni Thomas Urged 29 Lawmakers to Overturn Election

Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, pressed 29 Republican state lawmakers in Arizona — 27 more than previously known — to set aside Joe Biden’s popular vote victory and “choose” presidential electors, the Washington Post reports.

“The revelation that Ginni Thomas was directly involved in pressing them to override the popular vote — an act that would have been without precedent in the modern era — intensified questions about whether her husband should recuse himself from cases related to the 2020 presidential election and attempts to subvert it.”
Then if Justice Thomas isn't impeached, then the real threat to our Constitution is our feckless (Democratic) House.

Isn't that what this story means? I'm just taking it at face value.

Idolater

Calling on politicians to try to influence them on decisions has been an honored American tradition for hundreds of years. Such advocacy is in fact the way advocacy is supposed to be done instead of burning and looting and laying siege outside the homes of SCOTUS justices with intent to kill. Democrats are not just dirty but stupid as well.
Hopefully we'll deliver them their comeuppance in November. House and Senate. Supermajority? Doubtful. But simple majority.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So "Democratic Underground-dot-com" huh? Probably not electioneering.
Anna complaining that Tucker didn't cover the hearing while ignoring the fact that Fox Business broadcast the whole thing is like complaining that the idiots on The View didn't broadcast the whole thing.

Idolater

Anna complaining that Tucker didn't cover the hearing while ignoring the fact that Fox Business broadcast the whole thing is like complaining that the idiots on The View didn't broadcast the whole thing.
Yeah, I don't get it.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yeah, I don't get it.
She hates Tucker Carlson, because she's told by idiots like that potato Brian Stelter and the horrible women on The View Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar to hate Tucker Carlson.

And she isn't smart enough to think for herself.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In what way?

Her state GOP voted to kick her out of the party and her fellow GOP congress members kicked her off her leadership positions. She pretty much committed professional suicide because she stood up for the Constitution and in opposition to Trump, in a way almost all of them were afraid to do, the cowards.

History will remember President Trump's two impeachments with the second one's connection to 'J6' but that's it. Congresswoman Cheney will be a footnote.

Thanks for your two cents.