feminists killed tol 

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That simply is not your decision to make .. and in many cases, two incomes is a necessity ...

Takes a person with a certain amount of privilege to be able to say mothers shouldn't be working. Wonder if he'd say that to that to all the immigrants who came to this country and worked as seamstresses in tenement buildings, worked in the factories and mom and pop stores and out in the fields picking the produce he buys at Whole Foods.

Arthur Brain

Takes a person with a certain amount of privilege to be able to say mothers shouldn't be working. Wonder if he'd say that to that to all the immigrants who came to this country and worked as seamstresses in tenement buildings, worked in the factories and mom and pop stores and out in the fields picking the produce he buys at Whole Foods.

Eh, anyone who thinks that a mother shouldn't work is clearly a nut.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Eh, anyone who thinks that a mother shouldn't work is clearly a nut.

Well, as a mom who was a stay-at-home mom, we did without a lot and my kids sure weren't spoiled. When all of them were in school, to help make ends meet I worked four hours a day for the school district so I was off when they were off, and so I'd drop them all off at school in the morning and go to work, get off work with enough time to run to the grocery store before picking them up. But even then, I was aware that I was still solidly middle class. Had things been more difficult, I may not have had a choice. And it's clear I had a certain amount of privilege to be able to choose to stay home, and I'm sick and tired of the argument that all moms can stay home if they 'do without cell phones,' because it's an argument made from a place of privilege. Maybe it's the case for some families, but there are too many where it's not.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

A mother's primary responsibility should be caring for her children

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, as a mom who was a stay-at-home mom, we did without a lot and my kids sure weren't spoiled. When all of them were in school, to help make ends meet I worked four hours a day for the school district so I was off when they were off, and so I'd drop them all off at school in the morning and go to work, get off work with enough time to run to the grocery store before picking them up. But even then, I was aware that I was still solidly middle class. Had things been more difficult, I may not have had a choice. And it's clear I had a certain amount of privilege to be able to choose to stay home, and I'm sick and tired of the argument that all moms can stay home if they 'do without cell phones,' because it's an argument made from a place of privilege. Maybe it's the case for some families, but there are too many where it's not.

Had I been able to be a stay at home mom, I would have been. Giving my children stability meant being a single mom with sole physical custody.

ok doser

Which in some cases can mean going to work. Frankly, you have no argument. There are plenty of responsible mothers who can have a career and be a loving parent. My former deputy manager being one of them.

yes, that's nice

stagger off and find someplace safe to pass out, drunky :wave2:

ok doser

Why can't we all just get along?

Because feminism is rooted in selfishness, feminists are inherently selfish. They put themselves first, not the children, not their husbands.

There's no getting along with selfish people.

Or drunk retarded people, in artie's case