feminists killed tol 

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Your turn, I think, chrysostom.
So how has feminism killed TOL, eh?

By the way, where I live Equality seems to have a stronger hold, which is why not so many women use the title 'feminist'. But they all stand up for gender equailty.

....over to you.......

I would really like to know why you don't call yourself a feminist?

eider

I would really like to know why you don't call yourself a feminist?

I would really like to know why you ran this thread.
But you're never going to be able to answer such enquiries because you haven't got a clue about why..... you just wanted to shout that Thread title, I think.

OK, so your thread is uprooted and we might as well talk about something else.
I don't call myself a feminist because I don't feel anger over or about the treatment of women where I live. There will be individual incidents of gender bigotry and inequality but it isn't a general situation.

I debated with a small group of red hot feminists on an American forum for years and they (mostly) considered that any kind of support for any kind of equality was 'feminism'. I felt that feminism was all about rights, freedoms, openings, equalityetc. They added to that list substantially. So I promised to research the opinions of people where I live and carried out a survey in two local towns. I don't mind doing that kind of thing, and a person holding a clip board and talking with folks attracts even more. As I described the views of the American feminist group to shoppers and asked for their opinions they all (but one, a very pleasant midwife' agreed that they didn't feel the need to hold up the feminist banner, but heaven help anybody who tried to put or keep them down.

Chrysostom............ our women here would not put up with any of your ideas, I'm guessing. Guessing? Well, you've never been able to tell me any.....

...over to you.

eider

I would really like to know why you don’t believe women are worthy of equality under the law ...

Ah! Is that Chrysostom's opinion? He never dared to tell me yet.
That's the thing.... where I live equality under the law is fixed by legislation.
Women here would tend not to rant and rage at any bigoted ideas.......... they would tend to laugh them out of the room.
That's the difference.

But in the USA things are so different.
Do you find that some feminist groups (or individuals) shun make-up and fashion clothes?
Women here tend to like to use make-up, visit the hairdressers, follow fashions etc, simply because they can, and STILL sort out any who might try to devalue them in any way.

Lon

Try to consider you might be wrong and arrogant?
The proper assessment would be 'delusion' perhaps with 'flamboyant' added, but I'd not think you'd peg me on either of those. Well-thought is certainly something we've aimed for in discussion (and evidenced here between us in dialogue). I really do consider that you weren't making value assessments at the entrance, just sticking-up or making passing casual comment.

That post was to someone who knew why I posted it even though you don't, so how about let's just leave it at that.

The problem, Anna, is that you then addressed it to the wrong person or I could have:
Lon, you’re feeding the impression that you’re a pretentious blowhard.
:think:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The proper assessment would be 'delusion' perhaps with 'flamboyant' added, but I'd not think you'd peg me on either of those. Well-thought is certainly something we've aimed for in discussion (and evidenced here between us in dialogue). I really do consider that you weren't making value assessments at the entrance, just sticking-up or making passing casual comment.

Many times I've watched you look down your nose at people you deem less educated than yourself. I said something because you were so over the top with eider. Your "assessments" aren't "proper," they're self-serving pontifications.

The problem, Anna, is that you then addressed it to the wrong person or I could have

The problem, Lon, is I was making a point to doser, not to you, and I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what I was getting at. That particular post has no relevance to you so no worries.

Lon

You sure do big yourself up, Lon........ You are a Big Head, it seems.
True enough, regardless of what you meant.

Further down this post full of junk ....
:chuckle: (see what I did there? No slight or offense taken, I simply assess what you are made of....)

...you tell me 'one period at the end of a sentence'. You just left three.......
Your grammar and English are behind. Does it matter? Not really, but I was trying to use it to make a DIFFERENT point. It certainly fled from your comprehension. I'm not trying to say you are dumb or stupid, nor even that your grammar is suffering. You just used 7 periods in succession here. Rather, I used it to try and tell you 'ignorance' isn't a poor trait "IF" you can remedy it. You've been taking slights all along instead of taking 'correction.' It thus makes a LOT of these imagined slights you've taken, reality only in your head simply because you've CHOSEN to call yourself 'stupid' rather than be corrected. Why? :idunno: It is all your own.

I just mention this because you think you are so fine with yourself, Lon........ pathetic.
Is this a British colloquialism? What does 'so fine with yourself' mean? Then, how is it 'pathetic?'

Lon, you cannot win debates with nasty little insults.
How about just with intelligence??? :think:
And after reading your BLM debate I don't think you can win debates at all.
Let's discuss that for a moment: 1) I'm not sure what "winning' looks like, but I've had people who meet me halfway, who were a bit opposed prior. I've had a few positive 'likes' from even those who might disagree and I'd daresay, even you could learn a thing or two from that thread, both from your peers and your opponents. To me: that's a win, but it depends on what YOU mean by 'win.' Simply getting someone to listen and think for even just a few moments is a 'win' to me. Not your idea of a 'win?' Okay. I'm not offended even a little bit. I cannot reach everybody on forum.

Pathetic. A personal attack about how I write and type....... to show what exactly?
Well, which is it? A value judgement ('pathetic') or a question about what I'm trying to convey? The point I'm trying to convey is that there is a huge difference between a correction and an insult. I try for the former and am sad you've repeatedly shouldered the 'insult' rather than the correction. All I've tried to do in thread, is 1) call out where you haven't been informed and read and 2) GET you to read to be informed on topics. You debate from a void. Is that an insult? It is, I imagine, if you won't be better for the information. I try to make a difference on TOL and I try to do that by accurate information. Is there a problem, for instance, with saying "not so many periods at the end of a sentence'? Surely, it is petty on a forum, but I'm simply talking about the 'issue' of a correction. They don't have to be mean, or taken as an assault. You could even say "Lon, I know, I just hit the periods and it doesn't matter!" I'd likely just say "Good point!" or "Okay, no problem." These TOL debates don't always have to be 'winner take all.' We are just people on the internet sharing ideas and some of them are better informed. I'm wrong sometimes and appreciate information. Doser has given me a couple of links this past week that certainly 'corrected' or 'informed my ignorance.' I didn't take offense and he didn't bully me simply because I read his links and commented 'thanks for the information' or 'thanks for the correction.

The above is a typical example of a person who loves to hear them-self speak, a whole paragraph of waffle.
You need to learn to precis your work, Lon. If you've got a message, just give it.... simply and in short.

My lesson for you today is to keep your posts :-

ACCURATE
BRIEF
CLEAR.

Try it. It works. I'll give you marks for accuracy, brevity and clarity in future. It's going to take some time, but we'll get you there.

More of your wandering waffle, Lon.
Pretty much you, on this rabbit-trail. I've simply entertained your thoughts to this point WHILE trying to get you to be better read.

Now if you have anything to write about the Thread Title that might be helpful.
Off you go.......... Let's see what you've got.

:)
I'd been doing that:
:think:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​​

It never takes much. Crazy? Always is. For you two? "Not my attic!" ? :think:
​​

Like Nazis? Russian communism? Chinese communism? :doh:
​ WHAT A STRANGE POST! YOU are that guy. You make bizarre statements that literally have not been well-thought out. You just didn't and aren't thinking, just emoting an initial response with a seeming illiteracy of political history.

There aren't that many of those types. It used to be that the RCC wielded that power, but the reaction leaves that possibility, especially with fragmentation and disagreement with Rome, unlikely.

I don't really believe Chrys' premise:
feminists killed tol
and
in the same way they are destroying our country
they have destroyed the family
they have killed their babies
just so they could be equal
silence let them get away with it
good men and women didn't say a thing
good men and women will be held responsible for their silence
Women are just who are left after all the windfall because, I'd think, are resilient. They are still here. I'm pretty sure I ran off HappyCrustacean by calling here 'puke-face.' At least she left quickly afterwards so perhaps it was 'Lon killed off TOL.' I told Granite he wasn't once a Christian because he couldn't have been and I proved it. He left shortly after. Maybe I killed off TOL?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... I'm pretty sure I ran off HappyCrustacean by calling here 'puke-face.' At least she left quickly afterwards so perhaps it was 'Lon killed off TOL.' I told Granite he wasn't once a Christian because he couldn't have been and I proved it. He left shortly after. Maybe I killed off TOL?

All I remember about Happy C is that we called her Happy C. And marriage turned granite into a bitter and abusive crank - every second sentence from him had some form of "you're a waste of skin". Good riddance.

eider

True enough, regardless of what you meant.

:chuckle: (see what I did there? No slight or offense taken, I simply assess what you are made of....)

Your grammar and English are behind. Does it matter? Not really, but I was trying to use it to make a DIFFERENT point. It certainly fled from your comprehension. I'm not trying to say you are dumb or stupid, nor even that your grammar is suffering. You just used 7 periods in succession here. Rather, I used it to try and tell you 'ignorance' isn't a poor trait "IF" you can remedy it. You've been taking slights all along instead of taking 'correction.' It thus makes a LOT of these imagined slights you've taken, reality only in your head simply because you've CHOSEN to call yourself 'stupid' rather than be corrected. Why? :idunno: It is all your own.

Is this a British colloquialism? What does 'so fine with yourself' mean? Then, how is it 'pathetic?'

How about just with intelligence??? :think:

Let's discuss that for a moment: 1) I'm not sure what "winning' looks like, but I've had people who meet me halfway, who were a bit opposed prior. I've had a few positive 'likes' from even those who might disagree and I'd daresay, even you could learn a thing or two from that thread, both from your peers and your opponents. To me: that's a win, but it depends on what YOU mean by 'win.' Simply getting someone to listen and think for even just a few moments is a 'win' to me. Not your idea of a 'win?' Okay. I'm not offended even a little bit. I cannot reach everybody on forum.

Well, which is it? A value judgement ('pathetic') or a question about what I'm trying to convey? The point I'm trying to convey is that there is a huge difference between a correction and an insult. I try for the former and am sad you've repeatedly shouldered the 'insult' rather than the correction. All I've tried to do in thread, is 1) call out where you haven't been informed and read and 2) GET you to read to be informed on topics. You debate from a void. Is that an insult? It is, I imagine, if you won't be better for the information. I try to make a difference on TOL and I try to do that by accurate information. Is there a problem, for instance, with saying "not so many periods at the end of a sentence'? Surely, it is petty on a forum, but I'm simply talking about the 'issue' of a correction. They don't have to be mean, or taken as an assault. You could even say "Lon, I know, I just hit the periods and it doesn't matter!" I'd likely just say "Good point!" or "Okay, no problem." These TOL debates don't always have to be 'winner take all.' We are just people on the internet sharing ideas and some of them are better informed. I'm wrong sometimes and appreciate information. Doser has given me a couple of links this past week that certainly 'corrected' or 'informed my ignorance.' I didn't take offense and he didn't bully me simply because I read his links and commented 'thanks for the information' or 'thanks for the correction.

Pretty much you, on this rabbit-trail. I've simply entertained your thoughts to this point WHILE trying to get you to be better read.

I'd been doing that:

I don't really believe Chrys' premise:

Women are just who are left after all the windfall because, I'd think, are resilient. They are still here. I'm pretty sure I ran off HappyCrustacean by calling here 'puke-face.' At least she left quickly afterwards so perhaps it was 'Lon killed off TOL.' I told Granite he wasn't once a Christian because he couldn't have been and I proved it. He left shortly after. Maybe I killed off TOL?

TLDR
Please do get over yourself, Lon.
And remember the simple code for posts........ Accurate, Brief and Clear.
That's easy to remember......... A.B.C.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
There will be individual incidents of gender bigotry and inequality but it isn't a general situation.

Every time I hear the word equal. I wonder. What are you talking about?
There are differences. Can't you tell?
You can thank God for the differences.
If you can't, you are really mixed up.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What makes them equal?
Does abortion make them equal?
Do boys competing with girls make them equal?
Do boys using the girl's bathroom make them equal?
Does allowing children to choose their gender without parental interference make them equal?
The answer in no.
You can't make them equal.
You can screw them up with false choices.
Celebrate the differences.
Thank God for them.

eider

Every time I hear the word equal. I wonder. What are you talking about?
There are differences. Can't you tell?
You can thank God for the differences.
If you can't, you are really mixed up.

What differences?
Come on.....
I'm waiting.
Tell me a difference and show how this would restrict female rights, freedoms, opportunities, jobs etc

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah! Is that Chrysostom's opinion? He never dared to tell me yet.
That's the thing.... where I live equality under the law is fixed by legislation.
Women here would tend not to rant and rage at any bigoted ideas.......... they would tend to laugh them out of the room.
That's the difference.

But in the USA things are so different.
Do you find that some feminist groups (or individuals) shun make-up and fashion clothes?
Women here tend to like to use make-up, visit the hairdressers, follow fashions etc, simply because they can, and STILL sort out any who might try to devalue them in any way.

From my experience, it’s the same here. Equality has to do with equal treatment under the law, not abortion. IF the only issue in regarding equality was abortion, then men would really need to sit down and remain silent in reference to an issue they can never literally experience.

quip

BANNED
Banned
What makes them equal?
Does abortion make them equal?
Do boys competing with girls make them equal?
Do boys using the girl's bathroom make them equal?
Does allowing children to choose their gender without parental interference make them equal?
The answer in no.
You can't make them equal.
You can screw them up with false choices.
Celebrate the differences.
Thank God for them.

Spoken like someone truly ahead of the equality curve.

You tell 'em bro! :banana:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... IF the only issue in regarding equality was abortion, then men would really need to sit down and remain silent ...

Spoken like a true retarded feminist! :darwinsm:

In a similar vein the only people who would be qualified to discuss child molestation and pedophilia would be children. So all you adults can just remain silent. :dizzy:

Lon

All I remember about Happy C is that we called her Happy C. And marriage turned granite into a bitter and abusive crank - every second sentence from him had some form of "you're a waste of skin". Good riddance.

Agree. "Pukeface" was simply because she was being 'pukey' and it reminded me of a child spitting up, so it was 'appropriate' and not really that insulting. There was no intention of driving her from the forum.

Granite, I was simply trying to get him to realize he had a huge disconnect between 'thinking' he was at one time a Christian and then having a denial of His existence. The two scream: Something isn't correct in your head: You aren't thinking clearly. He didn't leave immediately after I started the 'true scotsman' thread, but he left after I'd come back to it a couple of years later.