False and Foolish Doctrines and Religions

Silent Hunter

Education has nothing to do with it.
I never mentioned education. Highly educated people often believe quite bizarre things. Lon for instance believes he is the smartest person on the planet :kookoo: :chuckle:

Some of the smartest people that I know are Mormons. If you can believe in Mormonism, then you probably think that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is a real life story.
Yeah, I agree. I think the same thing about christianity too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus says the PHARISEES DID NOT OBEY.

LOL

They tithed right down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23.

They were super religious, just like you.

Outwardly they appeared to be righteous, but inwardly they were hypocrites, just like you, Matthew 23:28.

Robert Pate

Banned
I never mentioned education. Highly educated people often believe quite bizarre things. Lon for instance believes he is the smartest person on the planet :kookoo: :chuckle:

Yeah, I agree. I think the same thing about christianity too.

Not everyone professing to be Christian are Christians. Most don't even know what the Gospel is.

Silent Hunter

Not everyone professing to be Christian are Christians.
Contrary to what I'm willing to bet you'll say, there are no true Scotsmen when it comes to christianity. This thread, among the thousands of others on TOL just like it, has post after post with alternating accusations that the other has the wrong belief with each having their own bizzare belief backed by "scripture".

Most don't even know what the Gospel is.
I doubt you'd be able to conclusively prove this beyond mere assertion. How many post has this thread lasted and how many posts in the thousands of threads prior have failed at that task as well?

God's Truth

They tithed right down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23.

They were super religious, just like you.

Outwardly they appeared to be righteous, but inwardly they were hypocrites, just like you, Matthew 23:28.

What's wrong with you? YOU said the Pharisee obeyed. I told you Jesus said they did not.

Why are you going against the Word of God?

God's Truth

Post #107 anyone?

Oh please, I would love to have someone know how to know for sure, but they will not listen.

There is a way to know what God's Truth is.

Anyone can find out for themselves.

People do not want to give up what some man and or woman taught them.

Silent Hunter

Oh please, I would love to have someone know how to know for sure, but they will not listen.
Let me guess, you're going to do that by spouting bible verses at them, right? Tell me, how has that work out for you in the past?

There is a way to know what God's Truth is.
There is? Quoting the bible hasn't been a particularly effective method of convincing anyone your belief is correct, has it? Unless you are like Michael Cadry, who claims to have a direct line to your almighty, I don't foresee anyone accomplishing that goal with anything approaching believability. And even if you were to be privileged to speak to HIM, what would you use as evidence to show that you actually did and what you heard was the actual "truth"?

Anyone can find out for themselves.
Really? What particular method should they use? If they investigated on their own, what prevents them from arriving at a conclusion different from your own or from whomever else you're in disagreement with here?

People do not want to give up what some man and or woman taught them.
And that doesn't apply to you how, exactly?

God's Truth

Let me guess, you're going to do that by spouting bible verses at them, right? Tell me, how has that work out for you in the past?

It works Great for me.

There is? Quoting the bible hasn't been a particularly effective method of convincing anyone your belief is correct, has it? Unless you are like Michael Cadry, who claims to have a direct line to your almighty, I don't foresee anyone accomplishing that goal with anything approaching believability. And even if you were to be privileged to speak to HIM, what would you use as evidence to show that you actually did and what you heard was the actual "truth"?
You would have to find out for yourself. I will tell you how.

Really? What particular method should they use? If they investigated on their own, what prevents them from arriving at a conclusion different from your own or from whomever else you're in disagreement with here?

They would have to be careful.

And that doesn't apply to you how, exactly?

What doesn't?

Robert Pate

Banned
Contrary to what I'm willing to bet you'll say, there are no true Scotsmen when it comes to christianity. This thread, among the thousands of others on TOL just like it, has post after post with alternating accusations that the other has the wrong belief with each having their own bizzare belief backed by "scripture".

I doubt you'd be able to conclusively prove this beyond mere assertion. How many post has this thread lasted and how many posts in the thousands of threads prior have failed at that task as well?

Without the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ and justification by faith apart from the works of the law there can be no understanding. Jesus is the heart and the center of the Bible and without him and his Gospel the Bible is nothing more than a Christian Torah.

SonOfCaleb

They demonstrate that the Church which by the close of the 1st century A.D. was already commonly known as as "the Catholic Church" was in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D. Pointing to the personal sins of some Catholics in history no more negates the Christ-endowed status of the Catholic Church than would complaining about the personal sins of the apostles themselves---yes, they were all sinners---somehow be able to negate Christ's one historic Church during the Apostolic Era. The Church is made up of morally fallible human beings; it remains, however, that one historic Church established by Jesus Christ and built up by the apostles and bishops chosen by Christ to guide and teach the faithful in his own name and by his very authority. Sorry for your confusion.

This post is an apt demonstration why the blood guilt of the RCC will be called to account. Everything you've claimed in this post is an unashamed lie. There's not a shred of evidence scripturally or secularly that supports any of your specious claims.

Cruciform

This post is an apt demonstration why the blood guilt of the RCC will be called to account. Everything you've claimed in this post is an unashamed lie. There's not a shred of evidence scripturally or secularly that supports any of your specious claims.
Which of the following statements, then, do you dispute, and why:

• The Church which by the close of the 1st century A.D. was already commonly known as as "the Catholic Church" was in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D.
  • Pointing to the personal sins of some Catholics in history no more negates the Christ-endowed status of the Catholic Church than would complaining about the personal sins of the apostles themselves---yes, they were all sinners---somehow be able to negate Christ's one historic Church during the Apostolic Era.
  • The Church is made up of morally fallible human beings.
  • The Church remains, however, that one historic Church established by Jesus Christ and built up by the apostles and bishops chosen by Christ to guide and teach the faithful in his own name and by his very authority.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate

Banned
Which of the following statements, then, do you dispute, and why:

• The Church which by the close of the 1st century A.D. was already commonly known as as "the Catholic Church" was in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D.
  • Pointing to the personal sins of some Catholics in history no more negates the Christ-endowed status of the Catholic Church than would complaining about the personal sins of the apostles themselves---yes, they were all sinners---somehow be able to negate Christ's one historic Church during the Apostolic Era.
  • The Church is made up of morally fallible human beings.
  • The Church remains, however, that one historic Church established by Jesus Christ and built up by the apostles and bishops chosen by Christ to guide and teach the faithful in his own name and by his very authority.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

The churches that were founded by Jesus Christ are listed in Revelation 1:11. Nothing about a church in Rome.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Croc certainly is proud of his church, even though they:

1) Actively place idols in their churches.
2) Pray to Mary and the saints.
3) Believe in unbiblical realms
such as Purgatory and Limbo.
4) Believe there are minor and
major sins.
5) Call the Pope and Priests father
6) Confess their sins to a Priest.
7) Have a works-based belief system.
8) Won't allow their clergy to marry.
9) Move known pedophiles around to other
churches.
10.Preach water baptism.