False and Foolish Doctrines and Religions

Nanja

Mm-hmm. And these supposed proof-texts prove your claim that "No Elect of God are found in ANY religious denominational institution" HOW, exactly...? :think:

Because you're not Born of the Spirit, you can't discern Spiritual things.

You know you don't believe those scriptures I posted.

That's why you're still in false, idolatrous religion.

~~~~~

Cruciform

Because you're not Born of the Spirit...
Now go ahead and prove that I am supposedly "not born of the Spirit."

You know you don't believe those scriptures I posted.
Sure I do. I simply don't accept your preferred interpretation of those Scriptures. Big difference there.

That's why you're still in false, idolatrous religion.
Just another unsubstantiated assertion on your part. Post your proof.

Nanja

Now go ahead and prove that I am supposedly "not born of the Spirit."

Sure I do. I simply don't accept your preferred interpretation of those Scriptures. Big difference there.

Just another unsubstantiated assertion on your part. Post your proof.

You are not of God John 8:47.

Only those with Spiritual Life John 3:6-7 can hear God's Words.

For Hearing God's Words is contingent on being Of God!

1 John 4:6
We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us;
he that is not of God heareth not us.
Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

~~~~~

Cruciform

You are not of God John 8:47.
I hear God's words and follow them every day. So much for your claim.

Only those with Spiritual Life John 3:6-7 can hear God's Words.
I have been born from above by the Spirit of God just as Christ and the apostles instructed, and so do indeed hear God's words. So much for your claim.

For Hearing God's Words is contingent on being Of God! 1 John 4:6

In fact, the "we"/"us" of this passage refers specifically to the apostles, and by extension to their ordained successors, the bishops of Christ's one historic Church. It is thus the teachings of the Church---its properly ordained leaders (apostles/bishops)---that authoritatively reflect the spirit of truth.

I follow and obey the teachings of the apostles and bishops of Christ's Church. Thus, I am of God, as the Scriptures indicate.

So much for your supposed "proofs," and therefore for your previous claims about me.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

KingdomRose

I believe in the doctrine that sinful man is depraved. In order for sinful man to embrace some of the false and foolish doctrines of religion, he would have to be depraved. What I find amazing is that some people that appear to have high intelligence embrace some of the most false and foolish doctrines and religions imaginable.

Jim Jones was able to convince hundreds of people that he was a prophet. Many of them sold their homes and gave him the money. Worst yet, he took hundreds of people to South America where they either committed suicide or were murdered.

When it comes to religion people are prone to believe some of the weirdest most bizarre doctrines that there is. I have trouble believing that Catholics believe that they are actually eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Jesus, when they are really eating wafers and drinking grape juice. Isn't that like cannibalism? And where did the doctrine of purgatory come from? They say its a place between heaven and hell where you go and repent or something. Millions and millions of people are Catholics and believe this stuff when there is nothing in the Bible to support it.

When I first heard about Calvinism I couldn't believe that people actually believed that God predestinated people to hell before they were ever born or had a chance to accept Jesus as their savior. How in the world could anyone have faith or believe in a God like that? I know that I couldn't. I think that you would be better off to believe in no God at all, than to believe that God would do such a terrible thing such as that.

The Mormon religion is the biggest fairy tale ever created by the depraved mind. What is that about an angel named Moroni and some sort of plates? Joseph Smith must have been drinking something when he came up with that. It got so far out in left field that they had to finally write their own Bible.

I could go on and on about false and foolish doctrines and religions. I didn't touch on Eastern religions where they worship their cows.

Wow, I actually agree with every word you posted here. Good observations.

KingdomRose

Try again.

Try again.

It "came from" Divine Revelation (Scripture and Tradition) as authoritatively taught by Christ's one historic Church.

Once again, you merely demonstrate your vast ignorance of all things Catholic.

Categorically refuted in the above cited sources. Don't even bother. :yawn:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

I don't think he has to "try again." What you say is what needs to be "tried again." Divine Revelation = "Scripture and Tradition" taught by the Catholic Church, you say. I'd be a bit leery about the tradition part. Tradition can be way off the tracks. Jesus condemned the tradition of the Jewish religious leaders.

"You have made VOID the commandment of God by your tradition. Hypocrites, well did Isaias prophesy of you, saying, 'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; and in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrine the precepts of men.'" (Matthew 15:6-9, New Catholic Edition)

KingdomRose

Seriously, Nanja, your mind has been blinded to the Truth 2 Cor. 4:3-4 the same as every other anti-Catholic's. For you deviate from scriptures in lieu of the teachings of man just as they do. The false teachings of Protestantism are a plethora of lies against the Word of Truth!

(See how that works?)

Wow, you haven't been keeping up with any knowledge of history, have you? And certainly you haven't kept up with what is going on now, and has been for a very long time. Jesus said, "By their fruits [actions] you will recognize the wolves in sheeps' clothing." (Matt.7:15,16) What does history and current events show us about the RCC?

Eagles Wings

We are not to judge what God has done in the heart of another.

"It is dangerous to judge others, but it is good to judge ourselves." (Thomas Watson)

A very wise pastor once said, "Is there anyone's profession of grace that is 100%
sound?"

I Cor. 11:31

Last edited:

Cruciform

What does history and current events show us about the RCC?
They demonstrate that the Church which by the close of the 1st century A.D. was already commonly known as as "the Catholic Church" was in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D. Pointing to the personal sins of some Catholics in history no more negates the Christ-endowed status of the Catholic Church than would complaining about the personal sins of the apostles themselves---yes, they were all sinners---somehow be able to negate Christ's one historic Church during the Apostolic Era. The Church is made up of morally fallible human beings; it remains, however, that one historic Church established by Jesus Christ and built up by the apostles and bishops chosen by Christ to guide and teach the faithful in his own name and by his very authority. Sorry for your confusion.

Cruciform

Divine Revelation = "Scripture and Tradition" taught by the Catholic Church, you say. I'd be a bit leery about the tradition part. Tradition can be way off the tracks. Jesus condemned the tradition of the Jewish religious leaders. "You have made VOID the commandment of God by your tradition. Hypocrites, well did Isaias prophesy of you, saying, 'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; and in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrine the precepts of men.'" (Matthew 15:6-9)
Good grief. Here, start to educate yourself.

God's Truth

I have found in the Bible that there is just one scripture, if all would believe and obey, could stop false religions and false doctrine from even beginning. Thank You God, Father in heaven, for Your Powerful Word, Jesus Christ. Amen.
………………………………………………………….
Here is one scripture that disqualifies all religions that say there is more than one way to the Father.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Unitarians say there are more ways to the Father than Jesus is.
……………………………………………………………
Here is one scripture that should stop Preterists from believing that Jesus already came and will not come again.

Romans 8:23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

We still die physically. We still have to have an immortal body given to us, the redemption of our bodies. The dying of God’s creation has not yet stopped, but will stop when God gives us immortal bodies and makes the Earth anew.
…………………………………………………………….
Here is one scripture that should stop a person from continuing to contemplate believing the Mormon religion. In addition, this one scripture should stop someone from thinking of joining the Islamic/Muslim religion.

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Joseph Smith says the angel Moroni gave him the other testament of Jesus Christ. Do not let anyone, nor the Mormon missionaries, try to explain away what Galatians 1:8 says! The Islamic religion claims that an angel appeared to their prophet and gave him the Qur’an.
………………………………………………………………
Here is a scripture that exposes the Catholic Religion.

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Catholics have a Pope. Pope means ‘father’. The Catholics even call their Pope ‘Holy Father’. ‘Holy Father’ is a name reserved for God. Not only do the Catholic parishioners call the Pope and priests ‘father,’ the Pope and priests call each other ‘father’. Jesus said not to call any one on earth ‘father’ and that they are all brothers in Christ. There are many other false doctrines in the Catholic religion, but starting from the top of their religion— the Pope, that should be enough to stop there with that religion.
……………………………………………………………….
Here is the one scripture that should stop the Jehovah Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Messianic Jews, Christadelphians, and any religion who say people do not go to heaven.

Matthew 23:13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut off the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

There are other false doctrines in those religions, but that one scripture should be enough to stop any further involvement.
………………………………………………………………….
This one scripture should stop any confusion brought on by Pentecostals.

Ephesians 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;

There is only one baptism of the Holy Spirit. Pentecostals believe in more than one baptism of the Holy Spirit. There is “one baptism.”
…………………………………………………………………….
Here is a scripture that should cause to more than question if one’s tongue speaking is biblical. In addition, this one scripture should show there are not new prophecies, or new knowledge, as evidenced in the fact that we do not add to the bible.

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Pentecostals, Charismatics, Assemblies of God, and the Word of Faith Movement believe in their false nowadays tongue speaking. In addition, this scripture tells us the Mormon religion is false with their added prophecies of “Another Testament.” Prophecies ceased. The New Testament times were special times, it was during the laying of the foundation of the truth when God testified to what the apostles said, God testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will; signs such as speaking in tongues. See Hebrews 2:4. People spoke in tongues and prophesied. The foundation has been laid, the sign has been given, and tongues and prophecies have ceased.
………………………………………………………………………
Here is one scripture to show that infant baptism is not biblical.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

An infant cannot repent. Many denominations perform infant baptisms. The way to salvation changes by infant baptism. Infant baptism is not biblical. Catholics, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, a sect of Methodists, and Reformed denominations perform infant baptisms; they preach this falseness, which is a damaging blow to those needing the truth.
……………………………………………………………………….
Here is one scripture to show that baptism is by immersion.

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Baptism represents how a believer equates his life with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Our old person is to die and be buried with Jesus through baptism into death. We are buried with the water, and raised out of the water, raised to live a new life through Jesus.
Picture how baptism looks…the believer comes to make the pledge to God, to die to the sins of the world; so now standing in the water the believer falls back, as if dead; then, the believer goes under the water, buried; then, the believer rises up out of the water, raises up to live a new life.
………………………………………………………………………..
Here is a scripture that should dismiss Calvin’s predestination belief.

1 Timothy 4:10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

Reformed denominations believe in Calvin’s theory. Calvinist beliefs are that God made people incapable of believing in Jesus; and that God will not allow them to believe, these people created to go to hell. Calvinism is a false doctrine. 1 Timothy 4:10 plainly says that the Savior is for “all men”. Reformed denominations practicing this falsehood usually have the name “Reformed” in their denominations name . Calvinists say we were born without the ability to believe in Jesus. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that. Why would you believe something that is not the word of God?
………………………………………………………………………….
Here is one scripture that explains there is an eternal punishment.

Matthew 25:46 Jesus said, “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Many believe in a temporary punishment, whereas after punishment all the unrepentant will go to eternal life with Jesus. Jesus says that there is an eternal punishment.
…………………………………………………………………………
Here is one scripture that should stop some from saying that Jesus will save all.

Exodus 32:33 The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book.
Some believe in Universalism, a belief that all will be saved. However, this one scripture shows that God will blot people out of the book of the living.
…………………………………………………………………………….
Here is one scripture that should stop all from believing and teaching the falseness of “faith alone.”

James 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

Many misunderstand Paul about ‘no works’. The only time the Bible tells us “faith alone” is to tell us what kind of faith not to have. Baptists, Lutherans, and many denominations teach and practice this falseness, it interferes with helping others to seek God and find Him. It goes against God and His Truth.
………………………………………………………………………………….
Here is one scripture to do away with Mid Acts Dispensationalists.

Luke 16:16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

Mid Acts Dispensationalists say that Jesus and Paul preached different Gospels and for different people; Mid Acts Dispensationalists say that the things Jesus said while on earth are not for us all today. They are badly mistaken not knowing God and the scriptures. What Jesus says in Luke shows us that there is one Gospel of Jesus Christ and it was preached since John and preached by Jesus.
………………………………………………………………………………..
There is no if, and, but, or maybe. Jesus’ word is plain and clear. Now if only we will believe and obey.

Cruciform

Referring people to the Catholic Church for truth..
They were referred to the Catholic Church to learn what Catholics actually believe and teach, since they completely misrepresented Catholic teaching in the post to which I was responding---much like you do virtually every time you claim to state "what Catholics believe." In short: Get your facts straight before presuming to comment on a public forum.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe in the doctrine that sinful man is depraved. In order for sinful man to embrace some of the false and foolish doctrines of religion, he would have to be depraved. What I find amazing is that some people that appear to have high intelligence embrace some of the most false and foolish doctrines and religions imaginable.

Jim Jones was able to convince hundreds of people that he was a prophet. Many of them sold their homes and gave him the money. Worst yet, he took hundreds of people to South America where they either committed suicide or were murdered.

When it comes to religion people are prone to believe some of the weirdest most bizarre doctrines that there is. I have trouble believing that Catholics believe that they are actually eating the flesh and drinking the blood of Jesus, when they are really eating wafers and drinking grape juice. Isn't that like cannibalism? And where did the doctrine of purgatory come from? They say its a place between heaven and hell where you go and repent or something. Millions and millions of people are Catholics and believe this stuff when there is nothing in the Bible to support it.

When I first heard about Calvinism I couldn't believe that people actually believed that God predestinated people to hell before they were ever born or had a chance to accept Jesus as their savior. How in the world could anyone have faith or believe in a God like that? I know that I couldn't. I think that you would be better off to believe in no God at all, than to believe that God would do such a terrible thing such as that.

The Mormon religion is the biggest fairy tale ever created by the depraved mind. What is that about an angel named Moroni and some sort of plates? Joseph Smith must have been drinking something when he came up with that. It got so far out in left field that they had to finally write their own Bible.

I could go on and on about false and foolish doctrines and religions. I didn't touch on Eastern religions where they worship their cows.

Excellent OP

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I agree with you in core of what you are saying but I vehemently disagree with you in that you have the audacity to say that I am not saved because I am not a Calvinist. That is just plain stupid. I could say the same about ALL Calvinists but I don't. I only question the salvation of Hyper-Calvinists.

Nanja and B57 are Hyper-Calvinists.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have found in the Bible that there is just one scripture, if all would believe and obey, could stop false religions and false doctrine from even beginning. Thank You God, Father in heaven, for Your Powerful Word, Jesus Christ. Amen.
………………………………………………………….
Here is one scripture that disqualifies all religions that say there is more than one way to the Father.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Unitarians say there are more ways to the Father than Jesus is.
……………………………………………………………
Here is one scripture that should stop Preterists from believing that Jesus already came and will not come again.

Romans 8:23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

We still die physically. We still have to have an immortal body given to us, the redemption of our bodies. The dying of God’s creation has not yet stopped, but will stop when God gives us immortal bodies and makes the Earth anew.
…………………………………………………………….
Here is one scripture that should stop a person from continuing to contemplate believing the Mormon religion. In addition, this one scripture should stop someone from thinking of joining the Islamic/Muslim religion.

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Joseph Smith says the angel Moroni gave him the other testament of Jesus Christ. Do not let anyone, nor the Mormon missionaries, try to explain away what Galatians 1:8 says! The Islamic religion claims that an angel appeared to their prophet and gave him the Qur’an.
………………………………………………………………
Here is a scripture that exposes the Catholic Religion.

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Catholics have a Pope. Pope means ‘father’. The Catholics even call their Pope ‘Holy Father’. ‘Holy Father’ is a name reserved for God. Not only do the Catholic parishioners call the Pope and priests ‘father,’ the Pope and priests call each other ‘father’. Jesus said not to call any one on earth ‘father’ and that they are all brothers in Christ. There are many other false doctrines in the Catholic religion, but starting from the top of their religion— the Pope, that should be enough to stop there with that religion.
……………………………………………………………….
Here is the one scripture that should stop the Jehovah Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Messianic Jews, Christadelphians, and any religion who say people do not go to heaven.

Matthew 23:13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut off the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

There are other false doctrines in those religions, but that one scripture should be enough to stop any further involvement.
………………………………………………………………….
This one scripture should stop any confusion brought on by Pentecostals.

Ephesians 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;

There is only one baptism of the Holy Spirit. Pentecostals believe in more than one baptism of the Holy Spirit. There is “one baptism.”
…………………………………………………………………….
Here is a scripture that should cause to more than question if one’s tongue speaking is biblical. In addition, this one scripture should show there are not new prophecies, or new knowledge, as evidenced in the fact that we do not add to the bible.

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Pentecostals, Charismatics, Assemblies of God, and the Word of Faith Movement believe in their false nowadays tongue speaking. In addition, this scripture tells us the Mormon religion is false with their added prophecies of “Another Testament.” Prophecies ceased. The New Testament times were special times, it was during the laying of the foundation of the truth when God testified to what the apostles said, God testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will; signs such as speaking in tongues. See Hebrews 2:4. People spoke in tongues and prophesied. The foundation has been laid, the sign has been given, and tongues and prophecies have ceased.
………………………………………………………………………
Here is one scripture to show that infant baptism is not biblical.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

An infant cannot repent. Many denominations perform infant baptisms. The way to salvation changes by infant baptism. Infant baptism is not biblical. Catholics, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, a sect of Methodists, and Reformed denominations perform infant baptisms; they preach this falseness, which is a damaging blow to those needing the truth.
……………………………………………………………………….
Here is one scripture to show that baptism is by immersion.

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Baptism represents how a believer equates his life with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Our old person is to die and be buried with Jesus through baptism into death. We are buried with the water, and raised out of the water, raised to live a new life through Jesus.
Picture how baptism looks…the believer comes to make the pledge to God, to die to the sins of the world; so now standing in the water the believer falls back, as if dead; then, the believer goes under the water, buried; then, the believer rises up out of the water, raises up to live a new life.
………………………………………………………………………..
Here is a scripture that should dismiss Calvin’s predestination belief.

1 Timothy 4:10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

Reformed denominations believe in Calvin’s theory. Calvinist beliefs are that God made people incapable of believing in Jesus; and that God will not allow them to believe, these people created to go to hell. Calvinism is a false doctrine. 1 Timothy 4:10 plainly says that the Savior is for “all men”. Reformed denominations practicing this falsehood usually have the name “Reformed” in their denominations name . Calvinists say we were born without the ability to believe in Jesus. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that. Why would you believe something that is not the word of God?
………………………………………………………………………….
Here is one scripture that explains there is an eternal punishment.

Matthew 25:46 Jesus said, “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Many believe in a temporary punishment, whereas after punishment all the unrepentant will go to eternal life with Jesus. Jesus says that there is an eternal punishment.
…………………………………………………………………………
Here is one scripture that should stop some from saying that Jesus will save all.

Exodus 32:33 The LORD replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book.
Some believe in Universalism, a belief that all will be saved. However, this one scripture shows that God will blot people out of the book of the living.
…………………………………………………………………………….
Here is one scripture that should stop all from believing and teaching the falseness of “faith alone.”

James 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

Many misunderstand Paul about ‘no works’. The only time the Bible tells us “faith alone” is to tell us what kind of faith not to have. Baptists, Lutherans, and many denominations teach and practice this falseness, it interferes with helping others to seek God and find Him. It goes against God and His Truth.
………………………………………………………………………………….
Here is one scripture to do away with Mid Acts Dispensationalists.

Luke 16:16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

Mid Acts Dispensationalists say that Jesus and Paul preached different Gospels and for different people; Mid Acts Dispensationalists say that the things Jesus said while on earth are not for us all today. They are badly mistaken not knowing God and the scriptures. What Jesus says in Luke shows us that there is one Gospel of Jesus Christ and it was preached since John and preached by Jesus.
………………………………………………………………………………..
There is no if, and, but, or maybe. Jesus’ word is plain and clear. Now if only we will believe and obey.

And there are two scriptures to do away with your nonsense.

Jude 3-4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints. 4 For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.