Faith, Not Works, Justifies the Ungodly, Romans 4:5.

Robert Pate

Banned
Don't feel bad. But 1 Cor. 9:24-25 it is my church's theme. Which doesn't nessisarily address what you posted but I will add that in that theme we do it to reconcile the world to God, justify the ungodly, etc.. It is also a church that God's hand is upon and that God Himself directed me to attend.

This is not a link to my church nor do I nessisarily endorse this site or anything, although I do encourage a thorough reading of most of this site as it is quite educational. And most definately this page here : http://www.christian-history.org/john-the-apostle.html
I read this page to our men's group which is basically along the lines of its purpose among many biblical things.

Jesus is the ONLY one that has justified the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and has ALREADY reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

We are Complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

I would rather hear something about Christ than John.

1Way1Truth1Life

Of course Jesus is the only one to justify sinners. And yes He has already paid the redemption price.

That story in the link I posted is all about Jesus. Did you bother reading it?

Robert Pate

Banned
Of course Jesus is the only one to justify sinners. And yes He has already paid the redemption price.

That story in the link I posted is all about Jesus. Did you bother reading it?

It appeared to me to be about John.

Not only has Jesus paid the redemption price, it is because of him that we can stand before God in the judgment as justified.

beloved57

Not only has Jesus paid the redemption price, it is because of him that we can stand before God in the judgment as justified.

You believe that millions Christ died for and Justified end up in Hell for their sins in unbelief! What happened?

1Way1Truth1Life

John is in the story as are a few other actors but the story is about Jesus, His Grace, His Redemption, His forgiveness, repentance to God through Jesus, sinners being justified in Jesus, seeking the lost, running to win, God's love in Christ Jesus. It's all about Jesus.

Ben Masada

Faith, not works, justifies the ungodly. Rom. 4:5.

Faith, not works, justifies the ungodly. Rom. 4:5.

This thread above is self contradictory; just as well as the text where the quote of Rom. 4:5 was taken from. The ungodly by definition is the best to be said of an atheist. How could one expect to see faith with an atheist? Obviously not! One is expected to believe in God first before developing faith in Him.

Now, how could justification come to the ungodly aka atheist if he or she does not believe in God? And last but not least, how can a dry tree produce any fruit? Now, who would be to blame for such a blatant contradiction? If you ask me, the author of the text who demanded of his followers to walk by faith and not by sight but missed to enlighten the poster here with the proper understanding. (II Cor. 5:7)

Robert Pate

Banned
This thread above is self contradictory; just as well as the text where the quote of Rom. 4:5 was taken from. The ungodly by definition is the best to be said of an atheist. How could one expect to see faith with an atheist? Obviously not! One is expected to believe in God first before developing faith in Him.

Now, how could justification come to the ungodly aka atheist if he or she does not believe in God? And last but not least, how can a dry tree produce any fruit? Now, who would be to blame for such a blatant contradiction? If you ask me, the author of the text who demanded of his followers to walk by faith and not by sight but missed to enlighten the poster here with the proper understanding. (II Cor. 5:7)

You can't figure it out can you Ben?

It just doesn't make sense to you that Jesus can justify the ungodly.

The reason that much of what is said on this Forum does not make sense to you is because you are a natural man, 1 Corinthians 2:14.

beloved57

You can't figure it out can you Ben?

It just doesn't make sense to you that Jesus can justify the ungodly.

The reason that much of what is said on this Forum does not make sense to you is because you are a natural man, 1 Corinthians 2:14.

Both of you teach the same thing, salvation by works!

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that millions for whom Christ lived and died for, His Work, winds up in Hell for their sins in unbelief! What happened? They lost their salvation?

You are a false accuser.

If anyone goes to hell it will be because they do not believe in Jesus, John 3:36.

Not because they were predestinated by God to go to hell.

You can't come up with one scripture about God sending someone to hell.

beloved57

You are a false accuser.

If anyone goes to hell it will be because they do not believe in Jesus, John 3:36.

Not because they were predestinated by God to go to hell.

You can't come up with one scripture about God sending someone to hell.

You are saying that those who were saved by the dying and doing of Jesus Christ winds up in Hell, they lost their salvation!