Extramarital Dating Site Unsettles the Land of Discreet

Sitamun

He's on the Left. What do you think? Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10, Ro 1:25

These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver [Ps. 50:21–22].

"My friend, God is not speaking only to Israel, He is speaking to us in our day also. He unmasks hypocrisy. Because God is silent does not mean that He approves. There is a day of reckoning coming. God says, “I will reprove thee, and set them [your sins] in order before thine eyes.”" McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: Poetry (Psalms 42-89) (electronic ed., Vol. 18, p. 53). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

My Mom always said to me, you know what happens when you assume.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Rape has nothing to do with sex. It's about power.

yes, this is a popular misconception.

rape is a perversion of the normal relationship that should exist between men and women

Your desire shall be for your husband and he shall rule over you (Ge 3:16).

For dust you are, and to dust you shall return (Ge 3:19).

eujoejgoidejoigjdogjdojgodfjgol.jpg

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What I have a problem with is people sticking their nose in other people's business.

I don't have a problem with you eating dog poop if you want to, but I'm not going to do it.

I'm not a megalomaniac like you. I don't think everyone has to be exactly like me.

I think it depends on the situation. The case above indicates that the couples have full knowledge of the extramarital activity. Personally, I think they are nuts, BUT the danger of sleeping with others is at least known to both partners.

However, most cases of adultery are not like that. For my part, IF I found out a friend's partner was committing adultery behind his/her spouse's back, I would inform them because they have a right to *know* and protect themselves.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Rape has nothing to do with sex.

a foolish thing to say - if men merely wished to exert power over women, there's other ways than sexual assault to achieve that

rather, rape can be a assertion of power

as can be denial of sex to a husband

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I'm not a megalomaniac like you. I don't think everyone has to be exactly like me.

:yawn: Truth is truth independent from ACW. Ex 20:14

"In our culture we have experienced the death of outrage. There is no outrage over sin. *There is only outrage toward one who speaks out sin unashamedly" - Bob Enyart

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just curious....how would you know?

Think about it. Sex between consenting adults is legal. If it were just a matter of wanting to have sex, there are other ways to go about it other than FORCE.

The force is used because the rapist needs to feel they have power and control over others. This particular type of power feeds their ego.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
If I found out a friend's partner was committing adultery behind his/her spouse's back, I would inform them because they have a right to *know* and protect themselves.

I agree. Betrayers are cowards and liars as well (Re 21:8). They'll never reveal the truth to their
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
loved one. Their victims must be informed.

shagster01

I think it depends on the situation. The case above indicates that the couples have full knowledge of the extramarital activity. Personally, I think they are nuts, BUT the danger of sleeping with others is at least known to both partners.

However, most cases of adultery are not like that. For my part, IF I found out a friend's partner was committing adultery behind his/her spouse's back, I would inform them because they have a right to *know* and protect themselves.

But these people are not my friends, as far as I know.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...[T]hough I'm on the left I find it hard to see how a Christian can be so supportive of an attack or marriage which as well as being an important social institution, is a often used metaphor of the relationship between Jesus and his people."
Is it ok to gas a Jew or lynch a black in private? :rolleyes:

The man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, he who commits with his neighbor’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death (Le 20:10).

The death penalty shall not be remitted (Num. 35:31).

Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. Though a sinner does evil a hundred times, and his days are prolonged, yet I surely know that it will be well with those who fear God, who fear before Him (Ec 8:11–12).

"...[T]hough I'm on the left I find it hard to see how a Christian can be so supportive of an attack or marriage which as well as being an important social institution, is a often used metaphor of the relationship between Jesus and his people."
It should point us to Christ (Eph. 5:23–32).

"Adultery destroys marriages, which destroys people, specifically children, the effects of adultery don't end...at the door of the bedroom."
The wicked do not appreciate the exceeding sinfulness of sin.

Adam became the first evangelical after releasing the wrecking ball (Ge 3:22). He wanted to get back to a right relationship with God (Ge 3:24).

But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful [Rom. 7:13].

"Is this a strange paradox? Is it a perversion of a good thing? The commandment was totally incapable of communicating life. Man must have recourse to help from the outside, because the commandment intensified the awfulness of sin." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (Romans 1-8) (electronic ed., Vol. 42, p. 129). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Sitamun

You removed the scripture from my quote (Eph 4:14).

He's on the Left. What do you think? Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10, Ro 1:25

e09dgijsgoijogjdsgdlgnjolg.jpg

He sees himself as more left than right. However, those solidly on the left (such as myself), see him as being more towards the right than us lefties. How is that hard to understand?