Evangelical leaders pray the virus away!

clefty

Increased testing does not automatically mean the number of cases identified will go up. Look at the state of New York - testing has INCREASED (blue bars), but the number of positive cases has DECLINED (yellow bars).

So maybe prayers ARE working In NY?

Hopefully he will argue that out better...

oh but testing more younger “low risk” than the older “at risk“ skews the numbers too...

Only 4 million tested in 3 months...and only once? Good grief...some will be locked down way past the RAPTURE...

Lon

Increased testing does not automatically mean the number of cases identified will go up. Look at the state of New York - testing has INCREASED (blue bars), but the number of positive cases has DECLINED (yellow bars).

We could probably take lessons, rather than looking toward television personalities (including the fake news).

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
More than 40 members of an Alabama Baptist church contracted the coronavirus after attending a revival last week. Masks were not required at the weeklong event at the Warrior Creek Missionary Baptist Church, despite a statewide mandate that went into place earlier this month. Pastor Daryl Ross told AL.com he ended the revival after being informed Thursday that a congregant had tested positive for the virus.

- https://www.thedailybeast.com/40-worshippers-infected-with-covid-19-after-alabama-church-revival

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
E7uOvUtXIAYAwUt

Lon

<something something redfaced man shows up, somehow causes a 'plague.'
You hate evangelicals, Republicans, and Trump. Got it.
:nono: What about the pagans and atheists that got Covid attending antichristian antigod concerts?

Hate them too? Just asking for an atheist friend.

See a bunch of Christians of any flavor making fun? Hate is hate. Certainly some, in the name of Christ would, but it isn't a mark of intelligence to not understand that fringe don't always represent the whole. Sometimes? Sure. Make the connection instead of blatant disregard for prejudice. Or just keep hating? What is the point? Just being mean and having fun doing it??? What again is your point? What IS the point? :idunno: I don't see it unless it is just more 'hate good, Christian, no matter who, bad!'

Lon

More than 40 members of an Alabama Baptist church contracted the coronavirus after attending a revival last week. Masks were not required at the weeklong event at the Warrior Creek Missionary Baptist Church, despite a statewide mandate that went into place earlier this month. Pastor Daryl Ross told AL.com he ended the revival after being informed Thursday that a congregant had tested positive for the virus.

- https://www.thedailybeast.com/40-worshippers-infected-with-covid-19-after-alabama-church-revival
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/pastor-40-infected-coronavirus-church-event-72006518 Compassion or just make fun of them? 🤔

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Hate? That's too strong a word. "Strongly disagree" will do. I have an evangelical/fundie background (Assembly of God).
:nono: What about the pagans and atheists that got Covid attending antichristian antigod concerts?

I highly doubt anyone frequenting this forum is doing those things. Not much point in discussing it then.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

See a bunch of Christians of any flavor making fun? Hate is hate. Certainly some, in the name of Christ would, but it isn't a mark of intelligence to not understand that fringe don't always represent the whole. Sometimes? Sure. Make the connection instead of blatant disregard for prejudice. Or just keep hating? What is the point? Just being mean and having fun doing it??? What again is your point? What IS the point? :idunno: I don't see it unless it is just more 'hate good, Christian, no matter who, bad!'
It was nice here when he was on vacation wasn't it

Lon

Hate? That's too strong a word. "Strongly disagree" will do. I have an evangelical/fundie background (Assembly of God).
Are you still? It does indeed seem to be a thread dedicated to 'not liking' these. I don't like them either, for instance, but you've started a thread. I largely ignore them because I'm not Charismatic. Regardless of what I believe about rationality, I've always admired their out-and-out-belief sight unseen. I don't agree with Copeland and I don't like what many Pentecostals and Charismatics (and others) do with the church money. It'd seem my 'don't like' is fairly light. You've picked out poster-children o_O
Further, you've placed "Baptists" in with them. The Southern Baptists were the first ones in, after Hurricane Katrina (and other disasters) so I rather like them also, even if they happen to have Covid outbreaks (maybe even more because of that). Do you know a lot of Baptists? Don't like them either? The church in Alabama seems to have a handle on the outbreak in their church. Nobody was hospitalized and nobody died, and they did the responsible thing and stopped things in quarantine. What didn't you like about them?
I highly doubt anyone frequenting this forum is doing those things. Not much point in discussing it then.
So we don't make fun of them, just Christians? Too broad? Just evangelicals? Just Charismatic Pentecostals given to such? All of them, or just your Assembly associations? Why not concert goers for being hedonistic? Weren't the church members going because of Spiritual need? No difference? 🤔

Still not quite getting your thread intent. A warning? "Don't be a daft Christian?" "Don't be a daft gullible Christian or a Christian of any kind?" or is the warning lighter? "Don't go to church, even if it is vital to your Spiritual lives?" What is the warning?

Last edited:

Lon

Re-read the OP.

The warning is - Trump is bad and LUserName is obsessed with Trump.
So any dig, however obscure? It'd be trolling and one-trick-pony for baiting Trumpers, but it did catch me in the net. I wonder if I'm to be harpooned for bait or just let go 🤔

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So any dig, however obscure? It'd be trolling and one-trick-pony for baiting Trumpers, but it did catch me in the net. I wonder if I'm to be harpooned for bait or just let go 🤔
He's lost, as are those who support him. Pray that they ALL turn from their evil compulsive hateful paths. Pray that they turn to Christ.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Are you still? It does indeed seem to be a thread dedicated to 'not liking' these. I don't like them either, for instance, but you've started a thread. I largely ignore them because I'm not Charismatic. Regardless of what I believe about rationality, I've always admired their out-and-out-belief sight unseen. I don't agree with Copeland and I don't like what many Pentecostals and Charismatics (and others) do with the church money. It'd seem my 'don't like' is fairly light. You've picked out poster children
Former. There are genuine people in the bunch, but also hucksters. Remember Jimmy Swaggart, Jim and Tammy Faye Baker, etc...? And there are many smaller names you would not recognize. People need to be more warry.
The church in Alabama seems to have a handle on the outbreak in their church. Nobody was hospitalized and nobody died, and they did the responsible thing and stopped things in quarantine. What didn't you like about them?
I object to the covidiocy. A days long in-church revival during a pandemic shutdown? Not a smart move. And then you say "Nobody was hospitalized and nobody died" so that makes it OK right? Well think about it. How many people did those church members then go out into the community and infect? No one knows, but common sense says it was more than zero. That church revival became a super-spreader event in that community. No one in the church may have been hospitalized, but others outside of the church who came into contact with church members may have been infected, hospitalized, and even died as a result. And then the virus spread from them, and so on...
Still not quite getting your thread intent. A warning? "Don't be a daft Christian?"
That would help.

Just yesterday, my brother-in-law's godfather, a man of about 40 years of age with no "comorbidities" died of covid-induced pneumonia. He was unvaccinated.

Last edited:

Lon

Former. There are genuine people in the bunch, but also hucksters. Remember Jimmy Swaggart, Jim and Tammy Faye Baker, etc...? And there are many smaller names you would not recognize. People need to be more warry.
True. What is your faith now?
I object to the covidiocy. A days long in-church revival during a pandemic shutdown? Not a smart move. And then you say "Nobody was hospitalized and nobody died" so that makes it OK right? Well think about it. How many people did those church members then go out into the community and infect? No one knows, but common sense says it was more than zero. That church revival became a super-spreader event in that community. No one in the church may have been hospitalized, but others outside of the church who came into contact with church members may have been infected, hospitalized, and even died as a result. And then the virus spread from them, and so on...
They shut it down pretty quickly when they found out. In matters of faith, and need to rely on God, the virus hit with little warning and little idea of planning. I support men's free decisions and agree with them we collectively cannot babysit grown adults.
Talking point? Not that they were 'covidiots' but that they made a decision and consequences follow our decisions. It is the same with alcohol, and drugs, and driving without insurance. Likely we could start threads on all those too. I think I get you a little better: It isn't so much about 'making fun' as a reaction from your own life within these walls. I did, for a short while, attend an Assembly church. The worship portion of the service had a brass band backing up the songs. I was in college and didn't have time to 'get involved' so I needed a place where I could just 'attend.' The pastor's messages could have been preached in a Baptist or other conservative church. He wasn't overtly charismatic and had a genuine love for his congregation.
That would help.

Just yesterday, my brother-in-law's godfather, a man of about 40 years of age with no "comorbidities" died of covid-induced pneumonia. He was unvaccinated.
For the most part, we know these are the exceptions, but the only way to get 'the exceptions' to get a shot, is to encourage all to get the shot. I can't stop a game of Russian Roulette. Many games of it play out in our society and most miss the various incarnations of the bullet and hit the empty chamber. I was pretty reckless as a kid. We jumped our sister's bike over ramps we'd made and piled blankets and pillows in the event we'd crash. We landed so hard the bike broke. Two days later, a neighbor kid, watching us, made his own jump and landed on the handlebars and punctured his stomach, almost died. I blame Evel Knieval, he inspired a lot of our 'idiocy.'

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Evangelicals tried to pray the virus away but that didn't work, so now some of them have taken to praying the vaccine away instead:

Stella Immanuel, the eccentric “demon sperm” doctor who was embraced and defended by ex-president Donald Trump for her evidence-free claims about curing COVID-19 with hydroxychloroquine, is back with another outlandish claim. This time, at a right-wing gathering over the weekend, Immanuel theorized that one can pray away the effects of the COVID-19 vaccination. “Every time we have prayed for people that have taken the vaccine because it is Luciferian,” she said a megachurch ReAwaken America Tour event led by Clay Clark. “And the mention of the name of Jesus, every knee bows.” Immanuel further floated the idea of prayer reversing the effects of a vaccine merely with the utterance of Jesus’ name. “Each time we pray for people that have taken the vax, something, there is a reaction. A needle poke, the hands start shaking, and we cast this stuff out of people,” the Houston-based pediatrician added, while implying that the vaccine is the “devil” which one “must come at” with “the name of Jesus.”