ENEMIES OF THE FAITH ARE RAMPANT THROUGHOUT CHRISTENDOM.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That says something about your average poster on TOL. If they can't give a personal testimony about how they came to Christ, here on TOL, how will they be able to witness the truth of Scripture to the unsaved?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul was given the Gospel for today by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ. Paul was the messenger of Christ's Gospel. We worship Christ, however, Christ appointed Paul to preach His Gospel to the Gentiles. If you wish to reject/ignore Paul's Gospel, then, you will not know what God expects of His children? Salvation comes via the Bible. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God, remember?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We receive faith through the word of God. (The Bible.) Do you want to have faith? Then, you'll find it through reading/studying the Bible. Do you want eternal life? Then, read/study Paul's writings in Romans through Philemon.

God's Truth

Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles Jamie, not to the House of Israel.

That is what YOU say, but the scriptures say he also taught the Jews.

Read how Paul preached in the SYNAGOGUES:

In Ephesus

Acts 19:8 Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. 9 But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus. 10 This went on for two years, so that all the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord.

In Corinth

Acts 18:44 Every Sabbath he reasoned in the synagogue, trying to persuade Jews and Greeks.

Acts 18:5 When Silas and Timothy came from Macedonia, Paul devoted himself exclusively to preaching, testifying to the Jews that Jesus was the Messiah. 6 But when they opposed Paul and became abusive, he shook out his clothes in protest and said to them, “Your blood be on your own heads! I am innocent of it. From now on I will go to the Gentiles.”

In Athens

17 So he reasoned in the synagogue with both Jews and God-fearing Greeks, as well as in the marketplace day by day with those who happened to be there.

19 Then they took him and brought him to a meeting of the Areopagus, where they said to him, “May we know what this new teaching is that you are presenting? 20 You are bringing some strange ideas to our ears, and we would like to know what they mean.” 21 (All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.)

Acts 20:20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publiclyand from house to house.

Acts 28:30 For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds

God's Truth

Matthew through John were pertaining to the House of Israel. Not to the Gentiles.

First to them and only to them when Jesus walked the earth, but when Jesus was crucified, then ALL could come to him to be saved. He came first for those who already belonged to God.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

God's Truth

Explain that process of yours?

I believed in God and Jesus my whole life, since I was a young child.

I did not really know Jesus until I started to obey him.

Jesus reveals himself to those who obey him.

That is what Jesus says.

Trust Jesus and obey him.

"The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."