Dude Gets Naked in Women's Locker Room

glorydaz

Since it appears my point was muddled with a few witty comments (which drew more attention), I will rephrase it. I believe the problem here is surrounding the idea of "gender identity". First, what state rule does the author refer to? There are no specifics here given by the author. Second, there is an issue if this is left up to personal interpretation instead of concrete limitations, which is what laws do, right? In short, I have questions, not answers. :think:

Questions, but no answers. Words, but no common sense. :chuckle:

What does "personal interpretation" have to do with adults of the opposite sex using a wrong bathroom?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Start by using the correct terms in your battles with the left. "Opposite gender", not "opposite sex". Using a word with more than one possible meaning or expanding on it exists for the purpose of twisting it.

rexlunae

This is actually exactly what anti-transgender activists have been pushing for, without realizing it. See, a lot of trans people change their appearance, by dressing differently, taking hormones, changing their hair, even having surgeries to change the appearance of their bodies. The result: In many cases, you'd never be able to tell that they had transitioned without some pretty specific, and pretty awkward tests. If you don't want burly, bearded guys in the restroom with women, you better find a way of giving those people who were born with a woman's body who are men access to the restroom that suits their gender identity.

genuineoriginal

those people who were born with a woman's body who are men
Those people that have a personality disorder and cannot accept the gender that is ingrained in their DNA need mental help, not people to enable them by agreeing with their delusion.

you better find a way of giving those people who were born with a woman's body who are men access to the restroom that suits their gender identity
Why?
They do not have the correct DNA gender to be allowed in the opposite gender's bathrooms.

rexlunae

Those people that have a personality disorder and cannot accept the gender that is ingrained in their DNA need mental help, not people to enable them by agreeing with their delusion.

Why?
They do not have the correct DNA gender to be allowed in the opposite gender's bathrooms.

Of all the potential definitions of gender, genetics is probably the stupidest. It doesn't even work for all people the way that they naturally develop. And since we've had the concept of gender a lot longer than we've had any meaningful understanding of genetics, it's clearly a contrivance.

rexlunae

Not at all.
The stupidest is "gender identity", which is what is causing the problems identified in the OP.

You understand that just saying 'no' doesn't respond to my argument, right?

Agree or disagree: All of the people pictured here should use the women's room:
Disgusting Link removed.

Which do you think would really be more discomforting?

Last edited by a moderator:

genuineoriginal

You understand that just saying 'no' doesn't respond to my argument, right?

Agree or disagree: All of the people pictured here should use the women's room:
Maybe you didn't read the OP?

It is talking about guys that look like this strolling into women's bathrooms and locker rooms and stripping in front of teenage girls:
article-0-09718ED1000005DC-340_634x361.jpg

rexlunae

Maybe you didn't read the OP?

It is talking about guys that look like this strolling into women's bathrooms and locker rooms and stripping in front of teenage girls:
article-0-09718ED1000005DC-340_634x361.jpg

Maybe you didn't read my link?

Yes, I got that. But that's where you're not making any sense. If you take my argument, all those guys in the hot tub, and all the guys in the link I posted last should use the men's room. To take your standard, there's literally no way to judge without a swab and a DNA lab, but ultimately you would say that the guys in my link should use the women's room (presumably, you dodged that question), and the guys in the hot tub, probably the men's room. But there's no way to know for sure based on the picture.

Remember, you're the one who proposed a standard that can't be judged at a glance. Which is even more ridiculous than the typical stance for transphobes which requires them to drop trou.

genuineoriginal

all the guys in the link I posted last should use the men's room.

Remember, you're the one who proposed a standard that can't be judged at a glance.
If any of the "guys" in the link have surgery and take hormones to change their appearance to look like something other than the biological gender they were born with, they have severe personality disorders and need to be in facilities with the people that think they are Napoleon.

rexlunae

If any of the "guys" in the link have surgery and take hormones to change their appearance to look like something other than the biological gender they were born with, they have severe personality disorders and need to be in facilities with the people that think they are Napoleon.

It's not a psychological disorder. In fact, it's far more disordered to leave them with no option of transitioning.

A psychological disorder, also known as a mental disorder, is a pattern of behavioral or psychological symptoms that impact multiple life areas and create distress for the person experiencing these symptoms.

http://psychology.about.com/od/psychotherapy/tp/psychological-disorders.htm

There is, then, a concrete, objective definition of what constitutes a disorder, which science can uncover, and it is inherently tied to what causes distress to the individual. The suicide rates and the other problems for trans people are far, far lower with proper treatment and acceptance for the gender which they believe themselves to possess, including access to HRT and SRS. There is no evidence that any other treatment is effective, and there is no basis, other than bigotry, to call it a disorder.

rexlunae

Of course it is a personality disorder, and anyone that thinks otherwise is crazy.

Stop trying to enable the loonies and focus on getting them to accept reality instead of undergoing surgery and taking drugs to make their appearances match their delusions.

I'll take that non-response as a concession that you have nothing left to add.

ClimateSanity

It's not a psychological disorder. In fact, it's far more disordered to leave them with no option of transitioning.

A psychological disorder, also known as a mental disorder, is a pattern of behavioral or psychological symptoms that impact multiple life areas and create distress for the person experiencing these symptoms.

http://psychology.about.com/od/psychotherapy/tp/psychological-disorders.htm

There is, then, a concrete, objective definition of what constitutes a disorder, which science can uncover, and it is inherently tied to what causes distress to the individual. The suicide rates and the other problems for trans people are far, far lower with proper treatment and acceptance for the gender which they believe themselves to possess, including access to HRT and SRS. There is no evidence that any other treatment is effective, and there is no basis, other than bigotry, to call it a disorder.

What is or is not a disorder is largely culturally driven other than the inability to function or control yourself. Society decides who is sick and who isnt. Some psychologists think conservatism is a mental disorder and others feel the same about liberals. It's called a soft science for a reason.

rexlunae

What is or is not a disorder is largely culturally driven other than the inability to function or control yourself. Society decides who is sick and who isnt. Some psychologists think conservatism is a mental disorder and others feel the same about liberals. It's called a soft science for a reason.

If you resort to cultural relativism, you're going to lose, in the long run.