Dont go from house to house

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Church is the body of Christ.

Has the word "Church" always meant the Body of Christ? Or could it have had other meanings in the past?

The disciples went to preach about the gospel, to spread the news. They went to towns to spread the news, and they stayed in people's homes to rest, eat, sleep, clean up, etc.

They did? Could you show where in scripture that they were fulfilling Matthew 28:19-20?

The disciples would come in peace but if the people of the house were against them, then their peace would not stay with that household.

The disciples were spreading the good news and people's homes were not made a meeting place for the churches yet. After the saved would meet in homes for church, it was well known who these people were.

Which disciples??

God's Truth

What you believe is a denial of distinct persons in the Trinity.

From your post here:

Spoiler

There is only One God, and He is the Father.
If Jesus is God, and he is, then he is also the Father.
There are three, and the three are One and the same.

The trinity doctrine is false, as it makes three different Gods.

The trinity doctrine says there is a God the Father, another God the Son, and another God the Holy Spirit.

God is Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.

Jesus is the Spirit.

God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are three, and the three are One and the same Spirit, One and the same God.

God the Father is Spirit

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

The Holy Spirit is Spirit.

Mark 1:8 I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

Jesus is the Spirit.

Revelation 2:29 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

2 Corinthians 3:17, 18 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

You say: One God in three

"Three" what? Persons? Spirits? :idunno:

AMR

When we debated, I asked you to explain how they were the same. I even tried to help you to give an answer, but all you would say was no to my suggestions. You would only say they were the same "essence". I asked you what that essence was but you could not answer. I asked you if that essence was Spirit; you said no. I asked you if that essence was Light; you said no.

I know how they are the same but you deny the truth. I have given you scriptures proving what I said, but you still deny the truth.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are the same Spirit.

God the Father is Spirit, He is invisible. Jesus Christ is God the Father, His Spirit, with a body. The Holy Spirit is that Spirit that goes forth everywhere and lives inside the saved.

God's Truth

Last time I asked that, she said three titles.

I can see from the post you brought up that she uses all the names interchangeably and inconsistently. One day this one is God and the next it's another. I've never seen anyone as confused and yet adamant in her confusion as GT. :sigh:

You described what you do.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You don't listen....that's how it goes.

You don't believe what John wrote that the Word was with God and was God. You will do anything to deny what is clearly written.

Jesus is the Word who became flesh, and there is also the written word (Holy Scripture), which did not become flesh. The first is God's name, and the second is a BOOK of God's words. Too difficult for you, is it?

God speaks of His Chosen One in the OT...... who was to come. What you refuse to accept is that there are three distinct persons in our One God. These three persons speak to and about each other. "Let us make man in our image". Did you ever read that?

The Father sends the Son, and the Son sends the Holy Spirit who proceeds from the Father. You deny all of that. You deny so much of what is written, I don't know how you manage to keep a straight face while you do so.

And so you succeed once again in leading the discussion away from the word of God (the HOLY Scriptures) to keep the focus on your abstract nonsensical ramblings.

I said
Jesus never was the Word. The Word came through Jesus.

The KJV was taken from all these versions. The 1611 KJV was the one who added "He" in place of "IT". The He was added to give the Word authority. God is neither male nor female and we call Him a "He". The Holy Spirit is neither male nor female and we call Him a "He". He is a Spiritual title of authority. And the KJV wanted to give the Word(verses) the same title of authority. It was never meant to say that Jesus is the Word. The Word came through Jesus. And the Word can control flesh or become flesh.

Tyndale 1534:
Joh 1:1 In the beginnynge was the worde and the worde was with God: and the worde was God. 2 The same was in the beginnynge with God. 3 All thinges were made by it and with out it was made nothinge that was made. 4 In it was lyfe and the lyfe was ye lyght of men

Bishops 1568:
Joh 1:1 In the begynnyng was the worde, & the worde was with God: and that worde was God. 2 The same was in the begynnyng with God. 3 All thynges were made by it: and without it, was made nothyng that was made. 4 In it was lyfe, and the lyfe was the lyght of men,

Geneva 1587:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was that Word, and that Word was with God, and that Word was God. 2 This same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made. 4 In it was life, and that life was the light of men.

And now our modern Concordant Literal Version:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word. " 2 This was in the beginning toward God. 3 All came into being through it, and apart from it not even one thing came into being which has come into being." 4 In it was life, and the life was the light of men."

Its easy to prove Jesus is not the Word of God. The Word came through Jesus from God.

John 1:17-18
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

Mark 13:23
23 "But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I believe Jesus is God.

What you are saying about me is not true.

I said
You not only cant shove your opinion down someones throat, but you shouldn't even try.

2 Tim 2:14-15
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(NKJ)

God's Truth

Yet the Father is speaking from Heaven saying "This is my beloved Son". That belies that statement right there.

Jesus said the voice is for us.

John 12;30 Jesus said, "This voice was for your benefit, not mine.

John 11:42
I knew that You always hear Me, but I say this for the benefit of the people standing here, so they may believe that You sent Me."

God's Truth

I said
You not only cant shove your opinion down someones throat, but you shouldn't even try.

2 Tim 2:14-15
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(NKJ)

I don't try to shove anything down anyone's throat, you vile person.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I said
Jesus never was the Word. The Word came through Jesus.

The KJV was taken from all these versions. The 1611 KJV was the one who added "He" in place of "IT". The He was added to give the Word authority. God is neither male nor female and we call Him a "He". The Holy Spirit is neither male nor female and we call Him a "He". He is a Spiritual title of authority. And the KJV wanted to give the Word(verses) the same title of authority. It was never meant to say that Jesus is the Word. The Word came through Jesus. And the Word can control flesh or become flesh.

Tyndale 1534:
Joh 1:1 In the beginnynge was the worde and the worde was with God: and the worde was God. 2 The same was in the beginnynge with God. 3 All thinges were made by it and with out it was made nothinge that was made. 4 In it was lyfe and the lyfe was ye lyght of men

Bishops 1568:
Joh 1:1 In the begynnyng was the worde, & the worde was with God: and that worde was God. 2 The same was in the begynnyng with God. 3 All thynges were made by it: and without it, was made nothyng that was made. 4 In it was lyfe, and the lyfe was the lyght of men,

Geneva 1587:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was that Word, and that Word was with God, and that Word was God. 2 This same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made. 4 In it was life, and that life was the light of men.

And now our modern Concordant Literal Version:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word. " 2 This was in the beginning toward God. 3 All came into being through it, and apart from it not even one thing came into being which has come into being." 4 In it was life, and the life was the light of men."

0502f7adfb164fd0c4b9c2012ba912a4.jpg

087faef931f43144ca44532c49ed2b51.jpg

adc997b12f78238429ba215fbff52bde.jpg

1b992a63e90a044cb8ae288f6ac40b03.jpg

cbdeaed662a2e759d367eafa8174cc67.jpg

Seems to me the Greek is saying "He/Him" and not "It."

Its easy to prove Jesus is not the Word of God. The Word came through Jesus from God.

John 1:17-18
17For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
(NKJ)

That verse does not even have the word "word" in it.

John 12:48-50
48"He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49"For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50"And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

Do you even know what "personification" means?

Mark 13:23
23"But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.
(NKJ)

This verse has little to nothing to do with your point.

God's Truth

Has the word "Church" always meant the Body of Christ? Or could it have had other meanings in the past?

Hebrews 11:16 Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

1 Peter 1:12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Romans 5:10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

2 Corinthians 5:18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:

2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Ephesians 2:16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

Now read this next scripture. We see that from the beginning all things were created through Jesus, now Jesus through his body reconciles himself and all things to him again.

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Colossians 1:22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—

Church is the body of Christ and it is those who are reconciled to God.

Everything was made in Jesus but cast out when Adam and Eve sinned.

Sin separated us from God.

When someone is saved they are put in Jesus and Jesus puts himself in them.

That is being reconciled to God.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 11:16 Instead, they were longing for a better country--a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

1 Peter 1:12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Romans 5:10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

2 Corinthians 5:18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:

2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Ephesians 2:16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

Now read this next scripture. We see that from the beginning all things were created through Jesus, now Jesus through his body reconciles himself and all things to him again.

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Colossians 1:22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—

I said
I see your deception. You don't have the definition of "through". Through means "reason for". The reason God created everything else was He done it for Jesus.

THROUGH CHRIST---REASON FOR WAS CHRIST
xxxThe deffinition of through- is reason for. So God created everything through or for the reason of Jesus. God created everything for Jesus sake.

Heb 1:1-6
1 God(Father), who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by His(Father) Son(Jesus), whom He(Father) has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He(Father) made the worlds;
3 who being the brightness of His(Father) glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His(Father) power, when He(Jesus) had by Himself(Jesus) purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty(Father) on high,
4 having become so much better than the angels, as He(Jesus) has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For to which of the angels did He(Father) ever say: "You(Jesus) are My(Father) Son(Jesus), today I(Father) have begotten You(Jesus)"? And again: "I will be to Him a Father, and He(Jesus) shall be to Me(Father) a Son"?
6 But when He(Father) again brings the firstborn(Jesus) into the world, He(Father) says: "Let all the angels of God(Father) worship Him(Jesus)."

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

No relevance to what I asked...

Not relevant to what I asked, but I thought I'd point out something you seem to have missed.

"so that only together with us would they be made perfect"

That sounds like the author is talking of two distinct groups of people being brought together...

Not relevant to what I asked.

Relevant, but these do not answer my question.

Not relevant to my question.

Relevant, but does not answer my question.

That's not what I asked. I asked:
Has the word "church" always meant the Body of Christ? Or could it have meant a different group of people in the past?

Again, completely irrelevant to my question. Do you have a hard time comprehending the questions that are put to you?

God's Truth

No relevance to what I asked...

Not relevant to what I asked, but I thought I'd point out something you seem to have missed.

"so that only together with us would they be made perfect"

That sounds like the author is talking of two distinct groups of people being brought together...

Not relevant to what I asked.

Relevant, but these do not answer my question.

Not relevant to my question.

Relevant, but does not answer my question.

That's not what I asked. I asked:
Has the word "church" always meant the Body of Christ? Or could it have meant a different group of people in the past?

Again, completely irrelevant to my question. Do you have a hard time comprehending the questions that are put to you?

I have explained it thoroughly, but you did not see it.

Those scriptures were about being reconciled to God by Jesus' body.

That IS THE CHURCH. The church is the body of Christ and all believers.

Do you see now how you missed it?

No one was put in Christ until Christ came and died on the cross.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have explained it thoroughly, but you did not see it.

You posted scripture verses that had nothing to do with what I asked. How is that explaining something thoroughly?

Those scriptures were about being reconciled to God by Jesus' body.

Again, that has nothing to do with what I asked.

That IS THE CHURCH. The church is the body of Christ and all believers.

So, just so I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that the word "church" has always meant the Body of Christ?

Do you see now how you missed it?

Missed what? I'm not the one making irrelevant comments.

No one was put in Christ until Christ came and died on the cross.

Ok, and? What does that have to do with "Has the word 'church' always meant the Body of Christ, or could it have had other meanings in the past?"

God's Truth

You posted scripture verses that had nothing to do with what I asked. How is that explaining something thoroughly?

So, just so I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying that the word "church" has always meant the Body of Christ?

Ok, and? What does that have to do with "Has the word 'church' always meant the Body of Christ, or could it have had other meanings in the past?"

I have answered you thoroughly.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I have answered you thoroughly.

Your answer is thoroughly not the answer to the question I asked.

Please answer the question I asked, and not the question that I did not ask that has nothing to do with what I did ask, and not try avoid my question.

GT:

Has the word, "church," always referred to the Body of Christ? Or has it, in the past, referred to something else?
A. Yes
B. No
C. I don't know

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your answer is thoroughly not the answer to the question I asked.

Please answer the question I asked, and not the question that I did not ask that has nothing to do with what I did ask, and not try avoid my question.

GT:

Has the word, "church," always referred to the Body of Christ? Or has it, in the past, referred to something else?
A. Yes
B. No
C. I don't know

I said
I cant wait to see his answer.