ECT Does the book of James contradict Paul's epistles? How?

oatmeal

It's a matter of "who" you want to be identified with?

LA has some good doctrine.

Most of the people I have run across on this website I can agree with to some extent on some issues, but not all.

I do not catalogue people and their doctrines, I do not like to put people in boxes. They are free to learn, I do not wish to hinder, but rather encourage their learning

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
LA has some good doctrine.

Most of the people I have run across on this website I can agree with to some extent on some issues, but not all.

I do not catalogue people and their doctrines, I do not like to put people in boxes. They are free to learn, I do not wish to hinder, but rather encourage their learning

What is the "Good Doctrine" he is teaching?

Right Divider

Body part
Well according to your heresy--

God has yet to join the Gentile and Jews,

the two houses of Israel,

and make a new covenant with the Jews.

Now that has to be the greatest unbelief of the work of Christ 2000 years ever spoken.

No wonder you have no covenant under which you have forgiveness of sins.

What a lot of blathering :baby::baby::baby:

LA:angel:
Your are just sooooo ignorant it's amazing.

Firstly, there are Jews and Gentiles in BOTH of God's programs.

Secondly, it is clear to anyone that actually READS the scriptures, that Israel is not ruling over the Gentiles nations like Bible prophecy says that they will.

Thirdly, believers today are saved BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST. There is NO other requirement TODAY. It is YOU what has a faith problem.

You are totally clueless. Totally!
Rom 5:1-9 KJV Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: (2) By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (3) And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; (4) And patience, experience; and experience, hope: (5) And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. (6) For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. (7) For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. (8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.(9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
OUR salvation, if you'd like to join US, is by the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST, shed for US on the CROSS.
Eph 2:11-17 KJV Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (12) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (13) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. (14) For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; (15) Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; (16) And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: (17) And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
BY THE BLOOD! NO MENTION OF A COVENANT!

The body of Christ is reconciled to God by what CHRIST DID FOR US ON THE CROSS.

Right Divider

Body part
It was football season,,, and I noticed not many ppl had pics of themselfs on here.. So why would I ... I was not proud of it really... In fact I don't take many pics at all..

Btw The Lord Christ Jesus said He was the Messiah... Nothing left to interpretation. And I believe Him.
Does that make you hate me? And list me as a Christ denier?
JosephR, I don't hate anybody but I do tell the truth.
Gal 4:16 KJV Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Deny Christ's deity if you want, but He and the entire Bible make it clear that He is the Almighty Creator.
Tit 1:3-4 KJV But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; (4) To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Isa 43:10-11 KJV Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. (11) I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
It's so simple that a child can understand it.

oatmeal

Deny Christ's deity if you want, but He and the entire Bible make it clear that He is the Almighty Creator.
Tit 1:3-4 KJV But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; (4) To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Isa 43:10-11 KJV Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. (11) I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Please stay on topic, there are plenty of trinity threads, please pick one and knock yourself out.

If you wish I would be glad to start one for you with your post.

Joseph R could post there as well.

way 2 go

Does the book of James contradict Paul's epistles? How?

Yes

Paul says for if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God
fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.
that is why Abraham's faith was "counted to him as righteousness."but the words "it was counted to him" were not written for Abraham's sake alone,
but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe.
so no reason to boast

but

James says "Abraham our father justified by works"
so
according to James Abraham had a reason to boast

Livelystone

LA believes that the power of God is available and utilized today.

That is true.

The power of the Cross is the resurrection of Jesus in us........ this is what takes us from death in Adam unto life in Christ.

Consequently, it is not our resurrection that matters but the resurrection of Christ in us that takes us from death unto life

Whether He remains a simple seed that is "Christ in us our hope of glory," within you, or should He mature into the Tree of Life in Us that is Christ within you that is the second comming of Jesus Christ on earh........ depends on the amount of truth you acquire and the obiedence you follow in this life.

I cannot say it any more plainly

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Few get this, (to date I have only observed one other member here who undertsnds what I am speaking of) unfortunately, I cannot help either of you get it. Either you and LA have ears that hear or you do not?

JosephR

this is just like the Thomas quote of El Gibbor.. when inspected hold no weight...there is to much evidence,quotes in scripture to say He is Messiah , Son of Man, Begotten Son of God, Lamb of God...

JosephR

Please stay on topic, there are plenty of trinity threads, please pick one and knock yourself out.

If you wish I would be glad to start one for you with your post.

Joseph R could post there as well.

sorry I wont post off topic here again..