Does God Create Reprobates?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
God created ALL. And afterwards, pronounced it “good” two times.

Even atheists and nonbelievers are often moved to say the word WOW !!! when glimpsing God’s work in the world.

Robert Pate

Banned
God created ALL. And afterwards, pronounced it “good” two times.

Even atheists and nonbelievers are often moved to say the word WOW !!! when glimpsing God’s work in the world.

It was good until it was corrupted by sinful man.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It was good until it was corrupted by sinful man.
I don’t have the same “focus on sin” as some traditional Christians maintain. Children are born innocent with free will and a good future.

I agree with many psychologists who have determined that all human behavior is learned.

But the "sins of the fathers” means that we all pick up on our parent’s human mistakes and especially we learn from them how to do things which are not always completely moral.

My parents taught me well and did the best they could do at the time (even though there was a lot of blame, verbal abuse and some low-level sexual abuse). But I saw them lying (“Don’t tell them I am at home”) and reflexively judging other people and blaming them for their own problems.

Fear of the devil, of evil, or of my own sins is not what works for me.
I try to see the best in everyone and now believe that every human behavior has an underlying good intention behind it. As naive as I know this sounds, these are my underlying beliefs now.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
REPROBATE: 1. Having lost all sense of duty; depraved. 2. Abandoned to punishment; condemned.

Scriptures concerning reprobates

"Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the Lord has rejected them" Jeremiah 6:30.

"And even as they did not retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient" Romans 1:28.

"Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the truth" 2 Timothy 3:8.

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate" Titus 1:16.

"Examine yourselves, whether you are in the faith; prove yourselves, Know you not your selves how that Jesus Christ is in you, except you be reprobates" 2 Corinthians 13:5.

"But I trust that you shall know that we are not reprobates" 2 Corinthians 13:6.

"Now I pray to God that you do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that you should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates" 2 Corinthians 13:7.

Statement from the "Canons of Dort" concerning reprobation. First Head article #15.

"Whom God out of his sovereign most just irreprehensible and unchangeable good pleasure, has decreed them to live in the common misery into which they have willfully plunged themselves, and not bestow upon them saving faith and the grace of conversion, but permitting them in his just judgment to follow their own ways, at last, for the declaration of his justice, to condemn and punish them forever, not only on account of their unbelief but also for all of their other sins. And this is the decree of reprobation."

All that are born after Adam are sinners, Romans 5:12. We do not become sinners, we are born sinners, Psalm 51:5. It is not really our fault that we are sinners, its Adam and Eves fault. Sin is the natural condition of the fallen man. He is born a sinner and he dies a sinner.

In a very real sense we are all born as reprobates. Somewhere in our life some of us come to the reality that we are lost sinners in need of a savior. But not all.

God has not forsaken humanity as some are led to believe. Since the creation of the earth God's Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ and be saved, Hebrews 3:15. The call is often in the Gospel. On the day of Pentecost, they heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel and thousands came to know Christ as their savior, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

Does God create reprobates?

Of course not. That is not the nature and the character of God. Why would a God that gives his only begotten Son for the sins of the world, create a person for the sole purpose of sending him to hell?

You might be better off to believe in no God at all than to blasphemy him and his Son Jesus Christ with this false, unproven doctrine.

Men become reprobates by rejecting Christ and his Gospel. Many are religious reprobates. After awhile the Holy Spirit gives up on them and they become reprobates.
Apparently the God of Jesus created them. Jesus says God pours out his love on the good as well as the evil. He does not play favorites, nor should we attribute bad weather or poor health to God. Or even good health and good weather.

The universe has been already set in motion and is working out the way that it will.

beloved57

Apparently the God of Jesus created them. Jesus says God pours out his love on the good as well as the evil. He does not play favorites, nor should we attribute bad weather or poor health to God. Or even good health and good weather.

The universe has been already set in motion and is working out the way that it will.

False comment about Gods Love!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
False comment about Gods Love!
...the Father makes his sun to shine on both the good AND the evil and sends his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous alike.

--Matthew 5:45

The Lord's Prayer teaches us that forgiveness is reciprocal. We forgive others to the same extent we forgive ourselves.

Jesus and John the Baptizer preached a God of mercy who requires repentance and a contrite heart. No blood sacrifice needed. In fact, Jesus saved many long before he turned his face toward Jerusalem the final time.

We are all created in God's image. Unfortunately primitive people began interpreting anything that occurred in the world that was capricious and harmful to a God who was angry.

This ancient notion is still with us today. We see human calamity as being God's fault. We still pray for rain and medical miracles, even though we live in a time of meteorology expertise and medical science.

Love is unconditional. Grace comes from God and is given freely.

When Jesus talked about the word "faith," it had nothing to do with belief or dogma. That meaning was not even known about in ancient times.

"Faith" actually means "trust." We cannot use God as a vending machine. We shouldn't, at any rate, for it is far from being honest to God.

beloved57

...the Father makes his sun to shine on both the good AND the evil and sends his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous alike.

--Matthew 5:45

The Lord's Prayer teaches us that forgiveness is reciprocal. We forgive others to the same extent we forgive ourselves.

Jesus and John the Baptizer preached a God of mercy who requires repentance and a contrite heart. No blood sacrifice needed. In fact, Jesus saved many long before he turned his face toward Jerusalem the final time.

We are all created in God's image. Unfortunately primitive people began interpreting anything that occurred in the world that was capricious and harmful to a God who was angry.

This ancient notion is still with us today. We see human calamity as being God's fault. We still pray for rain and medical miracles, even though we live in a time of meteorology expertise and medical science.

Love is unconditional. Grace comes from God and is given freely.

When Jesus talked about the word "faith," it had nothing to do with belief or dogma. That meaning was not even known about in ancient times.

"Faith" actually means "trust." We cannot use God as a vending machine. We shouldn't, at any rate, for it is far from being honest to God.

Invalid comment about Gods Love!

beloved57

Yes, God's Love is conditional, and is only for the World John 3:16 of His Elect
who were chosen in Christ, in Love Eph. 1:3-4, before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~

Right it is in Christ Jesus Rom 8:39! All men are not Chosen in Christ Jesus!

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Yes, God's Love is conditional, and is only for the World John 3:16 of His Elect
who were chosen in Christ, in Love Eph. 1:3-4, before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~

God's love is conditional?

Maybe you need a lesson in good hermeneutics. Especially on this verse...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Would you like me to spoon feed the understanding of John 3:16 TO YOU?

Nanja

God's love is conditional?

Maybe you need a lesson in good hermeneutics. Especially on this verse...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Would you like me to spoon feed the understanding of John 3:16 TO YOU?

Go right ahead. Expose your ignorance of the scriptures.

~~~~~