Does 1 Timothy 2:11-14 justify the sceptic?

Sonnet

I'm searching on the net but struggling to find a formal defence of those that support the ordination of women.

Sonnet

Paul said that it was Eve rather than Adam who was deceived (1 Tim 2). He (Paul) also said that it was through Adam than sin came into the world (Romans 5).

Thoughts anyone?

Sonnet

According to Paul - it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in church:

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Pretty explicit language.

Sonnet

Ok - I remain baffled by this issue. I would have thought that crystal clear reasons would have been given for the proscriptions against women Paul describes.

That the Christian church is split on this implies that I'm not alone.

I still say that this gives some justification for the sceptic.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
...for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Paul was asking that if a woman did not understand a teaching she should discuss it with her husband at home, not during the meeting.
This was in the interest of proper decorum and respect for God's assembly.

No big deal.

Sonnet

Paul was asking that if a woman did not understand a teaching she should discuss it with her husband at home, not during the meeting.

No big deal.

Nevertheless, the Church is split over this issue.

It is a big deal for some men and women.

Sonnet

No big deal.

Do the women in your church (if you do attend church) remain silent?

Sonnet

Yes, they are not disruptive and when babies cry they take them to the mother's room to nurse, change diapers, etc.

I would say that your church is following the proscriptions Paul delineates regarding women. There does seem to be some ambivalence, but one would be hard pressed to argue against the complimentarian position.

Just in case:
Complementarianism is a theological view held by some in Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, that men and women have different but complementary roles and responsibilities in marriage, family life, religious leadership, and elsewhere.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ok - I remain baffled by this issue. I would have thought that crystal clear reasons would have been given for the proscriptions against women Paul describes.

That the Christian church is split on this implies that I'm not alone.

I still say that this gives some justification for the sceptic.

The Body of Christ is not split and neither is "the Church" - same thing. Women are as important as men in the body and and they can be ordained

God's Truth

Do the women in your church (if you do attend church) remain silent?

All churches/denominations teach some amount of falseness.

We are not to join a church/denomination to know God's Truth.

The only church we need to join is the body of Christ.

What Paul said was during the New Testament times, a time of culture respect, and that respect shows the importance of humbleness. Without humbleness no one will be saved.

Sonnet

The Body of Christ is not split and neither is "the Church" - same thing. Women are as important as men in the body and and they can be ordained

Not according to Paul.

You don't consider Catholics as part of the Church? Southern Baptists and some Protestant Churches?