Do You Repent Daily

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It's not how many posts or likes we have, it's the heart that counts and that what God looks at.

When the truth is spoken, many people don't like it because it goes against their flesh. And they love their flesh and even though they say they love God with their mouths, they don't live it out. Those who truly love God live by his word and obey him and they deny their flesh to do his will.

God will be the judge of all of us as only he sees the whole of our hearts.

I said
Your right. So we know he isn't trying to impress God with all his posts.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It's not how many posts or likes we have, it's the heart that counts and that what God looks at.

When the truth is spoken, many people don't like it because it goes against their flesh. And they love their flesh and even though they say they love God with their mouths, they don't live it out. Those who truly love God live by his word and obey him and they deny their flesh to do his will.

God will be the judge of all of us as only he sees the whole of our hearts.

I said
And the heart is the intent of a thought.
[Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God [is] living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things [are] naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we [must give] account.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You must repent of every sin. God said He would forgive us 7 times 70 times a day. He will use the same measure on us that we use on others.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If your not repenting of each sin you commit daily they are charged against you. And you do sin daily.
Have you found your thorn, that one sin you cant stop.

2 Cor 12:7-9
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(NKJ)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If your not repenting of each sin you commit daily they are charged against you. And you do sin daily.
Have you found your thorn, that one sin you cant stop.

2 Cor 12:7-9
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(NKJ)
What sins do you repent of every day?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Every time you "want" something you commit sin.

Ps 23:1
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
(NKJ)

James 1:4
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
(KJV)

Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
(NKJ)

iouae

I really like the title of this thread, and I totally believe we ought to repent every day.
That said, I repent in a completely different way to Squeaky, and for a completely different reason.

When we get converted, folks believe we have a Billy Graham moment when we confess our sins, repent of them, accept the Lord as our saviour, are saved, and are converted.

My belief is that when we have a Billy Graham moment, we confess our sins - but because we are such babies, only the tip of the sin iceberg will come to our attention. As we mature, God will daily show us more as to how far we come short of Christ. Even Billy Graham, Mother Teresa, Pope Francis or the Apostle Paul come far short, even on the last day of a life spent repenting.

As we become aware, we repent. I don't repent out of guilt or out of fear that if I die with unconfessed sins, these will be held to my account. Repentance means waking up each day anew, like a newborn baby, and trying to walk perfectly with God. We always fall short by commission or ommission and I would be missing 99.99% of what I do wrong anyhow. And a child does not walk around apologising to a Parent all day, or even at the end of a day. A child tries to please a parent and be obedient to that parent, and the parent accepts the child's flaws with the understanding that the child will probably grow out of them. IF not, the parent still loves the child.

I hate and despise the phrase "Be yourself". All my life I have tried to not be myself, but to be a better person than myself was yesterday. And I don't want to be me, I want to be Jesus. So we don't cling to anything about ourselves, or even our opinions.

I will happily admit that I seldom if ever spend time thinking about what I have done wrong, and less time feeling guilty about it. Guilt or shame is a pointless emotion, and is not at all what is meant by "repent". Repent means to see that one is doing something imperfectly, and change to do it more perfectly. There are no emotions associated with this after one changes, and that takes one second of resolve to do.

God many times says "it repented the LORD that..." He made man before the flood (Gen 6:6), or that He made Saul king (1Sam 15:35) etc. But God does not feel guilt or shame. He just feels he made a poorer choice than He could have, and immediately resolves to correct that choice, with not a seconds negative feeling after that.

Being a Christian is a relaxing, upbeat, joyful, positive thing to be. Rom 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. We are righteous because Christ's righteousness is imputed to us, not because we ARE actually righteous. Thus it would be pointless to dwell on our shortcomings. Far better to devote that energy to changing bad habits, with zero feelings of guilt, or superiority. To dwell on our shortcomings is to take our eyes off the glory of Jesus, and focus on the feebleness of ourselves.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I have seen a lot of people make up their own definition of bible words. Let me warn you if you get this one wrong. Your not forgiven of anything. And on judgment day you will answer for all of it.

[2Co 7:8-11
8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while.
9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow produces repentance [leading] to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
11 For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, [what] clearing [of yourselves], [what] indignation, [what] fear, [what] vehement desire, [what] zeal, [what] vindication! In all [things] you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

iouae

I have seen a lot of people make up their own definition of bible words. Let me warn you if you get this one wrong. Your not forgiven of anything. And on judgment day you will answer for all of it.

I feel forgiven of everything, and don't give judgement day a second's thought. Christ took my condemnation. That is why He suffered and died.

Col 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

On the cross they put what the man was accused of. Everything that you could be accused of by the Devil is nailed to the cross.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I feel forgiven of everything, and don't give judgement day a second's thought. Christ took my condemnation. That is why He suffered and died.

Col 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

On the cross they put what the man was accused of. Everything that you could be accused of by the Devil is nailed to the cross.

I said
lol Everything in the word comes with an IF. Have you covered all the "IF's"?
ONLY CHRISTIANS IF? ONLY LOVED IF? IF IS A CONDITION

Heb 3:5-6
5 And Moses indeed was faithful in all His house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which would be spoken afterward,
6 but Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are IF we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.
Eph 4:21
21 IF indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
John 6:29
29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
Matt 11:27
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
1 Pet 4:17-18
17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and IF it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
18 Now "IF the righteous one is scarcely saved, where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?"
Heb 3:14
14 For we have become partakers of Christ IF we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end,
I Jn 1:8-10
8 IF we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 IF we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
I Jn 2:4-5
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
John 15:10
10 "IF you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
John 15:14
14 "You are My friends IF you do whatever I command you.
I Jn 2:3
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, IF we keep His commandments.
Matt 6:14-15
14 "For IF you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But IF you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
I Jn 5:3-4
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-- our faith.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: IF anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and IF anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Matt 28:20
20 "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
(NKJ)Col 1:23
23 IF indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.
(NKJ)
xxx The IF's in the Word of God are conditions of love. There is no such thing as unconditional love. God says He will(not is) but will be a Father to us. If has always been one of the biggest conditions for love in God. God will love you IF.

2 Cor 6:14-18
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
(NKJ)

2 Pet 1:5-10
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge,
6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness,
7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.
8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
(NKJ)

Gal 3:29
29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

John 15:7
7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
(NKJ)

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:6-7
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
(NKJ)

John 6:65
65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
(NKJ)

Luke 13:3
3 "I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
(NKJ)

Luke 13:5
5 "I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish."
(NKJ)

iouae

Squeaky - yes, everything about salvation is conditional.
But God is so much bigger than the conditions.

That's why we trust Him to get us there. As our friends say down under "No worries".

Christ told us that all our worrying cannot change one hair, or add one second to our lives. He also told us to "Fear not". That is one of the 1050 New Testament commands. So, by faith, we fear not. Our salvation is in good hands. If it is not, then worrying will not change that either. So either way, worrying is pointless. The "if's" and conditions are given by a loving Father, who's pleasure is to give us His kingdom.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky - yes, everything about salvation is conditional.
But God is so much bigger than the conditions.

That's why we trust Him to get us there. As our friends say down under "No worries".

Christ told us that all our worrying cannot change one hair, or add one second to our lives. He also told us to "Fear not". That is one of the 1050 New Testament commands. So, by faith, we fear not. Our salvation is in good hands. If it is not, then worrying will not change that either. So either way, worrying is pointless. The "if's" and conditions are given by a loving Father, who's pleasure is to give us His kingdom.

I said
You seem to put all the responsibility on God. Do you know what your part is? All the works that you must do to please God. To know Jesus we must keep the commandments.

4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
(NKJ)

We must get rid of our imagination, and bring every thought to obedience to the new testament.

2 Cor 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
(KJV)

We must crucify our emotions.

24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(NKJ)

iouae

I said
You seem to put all the responsibility on God. Do you know what your part is? All the works that you must do to please God. To know Jesus we must keep the commandments.

(NKJ)

We must get rid of our imagination, and bring every thought to obedience to the new testament.

2 Cor 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
(KJV)

We must crucify our emotions.

(NKJ)

God is a Father, I am His son.

The son does not have to work every hour at being a son. He is accepted, as he is, because he is part of the family.

I became a Christian because Jesus promised us rest, peace, removal of sin and associated guilt.

I do keep His commandments. That's why I feel so relaxed.

If you keep his commandments, why are you so stressed?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
God is a Father, I am His son.

The son does not have to work every hour at being a son. He is accepted, as he is, because he is part of the family.

I became a Christian because Jesus promised us rest, peace, removal of sin and associated guilt.

I do keep His commandments. That's why I feel so relaxed.

If you keep his commandments, why are you so stressed?

I said
lol I'm relaxed. I just don't know how you could come up with them ideas and not know the Holy Spirit.

iouae

this is strange comment, friend.

how do you know he is stressed?

Hi Meshak

Its because Squeaky is forever writing things like the following from post #63

"If your not repenting daily, think of all the sins that are still charged against you."

Do you Meshak, on a daily or weekly basis worry about this pile of unreported-of-sin piling up behind you, because you are not repenting of it fast enough?

What's wrong with that idea is that the things that are wrong with us, are probably invisible to us.
And, the idea that only confessed sins are forgiven is wrong.
And the idea that sin is piling up at all bothers me. Christ has forgiven our sins, past, present, and future, unless we are deliberately sinning. Maybe Squeaky is a Catholic who feels that the priest must somehow give him extreme unction every day, especially when he is on his deathbed - that idea went out with Luther and indulgences.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hi Meshak

Its because Squeaky is forever writing things like the following from post #63

"If your not repenting daily, think of all the sins that are still charged against you."

Do you Meshak, on a daily or weekly basis worry about this pile of unreported-of-sin piling up behind you, because you are not repenting of it fast enough?

What's wrong with that idea is that the things that are wrong with us, are probably invisible to us.
And, the idea that only confessed sins are forgiven is wrong.
And the idea that sin is piling up at all bothers me. Christ has forgiven our sins, past, present, and future, unless we are deliberately sinning. Maybe Squeaky is a Catholic who feels that the priest must somehow give him extreme unction every day, especially when he is on his deathbed - that idea went out with Luther and indulgences.

I said
Its obvious you don't know the Holy Spirit. If you knew the Holy Spirit your guardian angel would bring every sins to remembrance so the Holy Spirit could give you the repentance verses to get you forgiven.

iouae

I said
Its obvious you don't know the Holy Spirit. If you knew the Holy Spirit your guardian angel would bring every sins to remembrance so the Holy Spirit could give you the repentance verses to get you forgiven.

I don't need to get forgiven, I live forgiven, past tense. And guilt and shame died back then too.

Guilt and shame are not healthy Christian emotions.