Direct assault on Satan (Evil's.<(I)> Naughty List)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
What about this? Are the following God that the synagogue of Satan are to worship?

Revelation 3

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Marhig...

I have posted so many scriptures towards you that utterly show that Jesus is God. Why do you desire so vehemently to discredit THE NAME ABOVE ALL!!! ALL!!!! NAMES?

Who's feet are being worshipped? Who is being worshiped to and AS the GLORY of God?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What about this? Are the following God that the synagogue of Satan are to worship?

Revelation 3

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

It's a simple yes or no question. Is it wrong to worship anyone or anything other than God Himself? For instance, you wouldn't worship an angel, right?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

marhig

Marhig...

I have posted so many scriptures towards you that utterly show that Jesus is God. Why do you desire so vehemently to discredit THE NAME ABOVE ALL!!! ALL!!!! NAMES?

Who's feet are being worshipped? Who is being worshiped to and AS the GLORY of God?

Christ is above all, but that is because God had exalted him and set him at his right hand and put him over everything. Jesus didn't exalt himself, God the father put him there and Christ is under subjection to God.

And I don't discredit him, I love him deeply but I know the truth and that Jesus isn't God he is the son of the living God as it says in the Bible, and that's what I'm told to believe, which I do, there is no God the son in the Bible, no matter how much you are trying to make it so. And you, trying to push your beliefs and call others as belonging to Satan who don't believe as you do is so wrong. Because God doesn't tell us that we must believe what you are telling us to, and you don't know their hearts.

You have posted nothing to say that we have to believe that Jesus is God, or that I have to believe in the trinity to saved, nothing, in fact, NOTHING WHATSOEVER!! So I don't have to believe i as it's not in the Bible!

And what about all the scriptures that I have posted that are clear as crystal that God is the God, father and head of Christ Jesus?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Christ is above all, but that is because God had exalted him and set him at his right hand and put him over everything. Jesus didn't exalt himself, God the father put him there and Christ is under subjection to God.

And I don't discredit him, I love him deeply but I know the truth and that Jesus isn't God he is the son of the living God as it says in the Bible, and that's what I'm told to believe, which I do, there is no God the son in the Bible, no matter how much you are trying to make it so. And you, trying to push your beliefs and call others as belonging to Satan who don't believe as you do is so wrong. Because God doesn't tell us that we must believe what you are telling us to, and you don't know their hearts.

You have posted nothing to say that we have to believe that Jesus is God, or that I have to believe in the trinity to saved, nothing, in fact, NOTHING WHATSOEVER!! So I don't have to believe i as it's not in the Bible!

And what about all the scriptures that I have posted that are clear as crystal that God is the God, father and head of Christ Jesus?

By Who's power was Jesus resurrected from the dead?

marhig

By Who's power was Jesus resurrected from the dead?
Nice try, I know what you are going to say, Jesus isn't God EE.

Maybe you should look again at the verses I've quoted that show this clearly instead of trying to make verses suit your belief!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Nice try, I know what you are going to say, Jesus isn't God EE.

Maybe you should look again at the verses I've quoted that show this clearly instead of trying to make verses suit your belief!

If the Spirit told you what I was going to say, and you simply... casually... don't believe Jesus is God... why do you Prophesy in His name that He isn't God?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Since you refuse to give a clear answer, let it be known that Marhig says that it's ok to worship beings other than God Himself. (Marhig, you may, if you so choose, say I'm wrong and correct me, and I will accept your correction.)

God, however, says otherwise.

Spoiler
And God spoke all these words, saying:*“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.*“You shall have no other gods before Me.*“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; *you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, *but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. - Exodus 20:1-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus20:1-6&version=NKJV

Spoiler
(for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God), - Exodus 34:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus34:14&version=NKJV

Spoiler
Then Samuel spoke to all the house of Israel, saying, “If you return to the Lord with all your hearts, then put away the foreign gods and the Ashtoreths from among you, and prepare your hearts for the Lord, and serve Him only; and He will deliver you from the hand of the Philistines.” - 1 Samuel 7:3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Samuel7:3&version=NKJV

Spoiler
Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’” - Matthew 4:10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew4:10&version=NKJV

And many other places in the Bible...

Yet, we see Jesus being worshipped in a couple of places. Why were the people worshipping Him not rebuked? If Jesus is not God, as you say, then they were wrong for worshipping Him! Yet even Jesus Himself did not rebuke his disciples when they woshipped Him.

From https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-worshipped.html:

Spoiler
From the beginning of Jesus’ life, we see examples of Him being worshiped. As soon as the Magi laid eyes on the infant Christ, “they bowed down and worshiped Him” (Matthew 2:11). The Bible records the initial response Jesus received when He made His triumphal entry into Jerusalem: “So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, ‘Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!’” (Matthew 21:9;*John 12:13) The word hosanna is a plea for salvation and an expression of adoration. This word used by the crowd is definitely a form of worship.

Just after Jesus amazed the disciples by walking on water, “those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, ‘Truly you are the Son of God’” (Matthew 14:33). Two more memorable examples of Jesus accepting worship occurred just after His resurrection. Some of the women (Matthew 21:1;*Mark 16:1;*Luke 24:10) were on their way to tell the disciples of the resurrection when Jesus met them on their way. When they realized it was He, they “came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him” (Matthew 28:9).

Then there is the case of Thomas, who didn't believe Jesus had risen from the dead despite the other disciples’ testifying to that fact. It had been about a week since the resurrection, and Thomas still doubted it. Jesus, knowing Thomas doubted, appeared to him and showed him the nail marks in His hands and feet and the wound in His side. How did Thomas respond? “Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” (John 20:28). In none of these instances do we see Jesus telling those worshiping Him to stop, as did mere men and even angels who were being worshiped wrongly by others (Acts 10:25–26;*Revelation 19:9–10).

So Marhig, were the people who worshipped Jesus wrong in doing so? If so, why does the Bible present the worship of Him in a positive light?

Or could it be that Jesus IS God, and is therefore worthy (according to the verses I provided above) of the worship He was and is given?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Jerry Shugart

And I don't discredit him, I love him deeply but I know the truth and that Jesus isn't God he is the son of the living God as it says in the Bible...

Let us look how Paul used the term "son of..." when speaking to a sorcerer named Elymas:

"O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?" (Acts 13:10).​

Of course Paul was not saying that Elymas was a literal son of the devil. Instead, he was saying that the "nature" of Elymas is that of the devil. So when it is said that the Lord Jesus is the "son of man" what is being said that His nature is that of man. And when it is said that He is the "son of God" what is being said is that His very nature is that of God.

Let us look at the way that the Unitarians understood the term "son of man" in regard to the Lord Jesus. The say:

"He did not 'toot his own horn,' but instead called himself 'the son of man,' which, in the Aramaic language he spoke, meant 'a man'" (biblicalunitarian.com).​

Since in the Aramaic language the term "son of man" means "man" then we can understand that in the same language the term "son of God" means "God."

The same can be said about the way the Lord Jesus used the word "Father" when speaking to unbelievers:

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it" (Jn.8:44).​

The Lord Jesus was not saying that their real father was actually the devil. Instead, he was saying that their "nature" is that of the devil.

When the Lord Jesus told the Jews that God was His Father they knew that He was claiming to be God:

"But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God" (Jn.5:17-18).​

If this was just a misunderstanding and the Lord Jesus is not equal to God then there can be no doubt that He would have cleared up this misunderstanding and said that He was not claiming to be God.

However, what He told them only made it plainer that He was claiming to be God.

First, He told them that He had the same power to raise up the dead as does the Father (v.21). He then said that all judgment has been committed to Him (v.22). Then He told them this:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (Jn.5:23).​

There can be absolutely no doubt that by those words the Lord Jesus was confirming the Jews' idea that He was making Himself equal to God. And there is no reason at all why He would say those things unless He is God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
let it be known that Marhig says that it's ok to worship beings other than God Himself.
Yeppers.
Those that deny Christ is GOD, have a false Lord, God, Savior; and worship a creation rather than the Creator.

Romans 1:25 KJV
(25) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

daqq

Yeppers.
Those that deny Christ is GOD, have a false Lord, God, Savior; and worship a creation rather than the Creator.

(25) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Romans 1:22-23a
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools:
23a And changed the glory of the immortal God for the likeness of an image of a mortal man

Jerry Shugart

23a And changed the glory of the immortal God for the likeness of an image of a mortal man

You overlook the fact that before the Lord Jesus was made flesh that He was in the "form of God":

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-7).​

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision, the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So when His servants see Him, the ONE sitting on "the throne of God and of the Lamb," they will see the Lord Jesus who is God:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

daqq

You overlook the fact that before the Lord Jesus was made flesh that He was in the "form of God":
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-7).​

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision, the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So when His servants see Him, the ONE sitting on "the throne of God and of the Lamb," they will see the Lord Jesus who is God:
"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).​

You overlook the fact that the portion I have put in bold red does not exist in the text you have quoted as your, ehem, "proof" text.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

I'm making an acception on the ignore thing because I saw you quoted.

Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

So.. let's see how right you are... You are trading the work of God (Jesus) for the works of your own flesh.

You deny Christ and exalt yourself. So... yes... this applies to you and your Is. 14:14 aspirations.

# Good luck with that.

daqq

I'm making an acception on the ignore thing because I saw you quoted.

Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

So.. let's see how right you are... You are trading the work of God (Jesus) for the works of your own flesh.

You deny Christ and exalt yourself. So... yes... this applies to you and your Is. 14:14 aspirations.

# Good luck with that.

You have failed to actually prove anything you have said.
Where have I even showed you any works of my flesh?
You judge after the flesh like your fathers, (John 8:15).

:Nineveh:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The wonder Daqq inadvertently uses the book of John again.

The wonder Daqq inadvertently uses the book of John again.

You have failed to actually prove anything you have said.
Where have I even showed you any works of my flesh?
You judge after the flesh like your fathers, (John 8:15).

:Nineveh:

John 8... Judgment?

Evil.Grin.<(I)>

John 8:50 - And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges.

John 5:22 - For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,

... ?!?!?!?

# He'll read it and do the same thing over and over...
# Denial isn't just a river in Egypt

How can I "ignore" having this much fun? Conflicted!!!

And now a look into Daqq's inner monologue...

"EE just proved that Jesus is God again!"
"I'll go to the Daqqtus Receptus, then pretend I have something valuable to share."
"Then... I'll claim I have scripture posted way back that has gone unanswered."
"Then I'll claim victory because I'm theologically bleeding... making me the victor!​
"

Jerry Shugart

You overlook the fact that the portion I have put in bold red does not exist in the text you have quoted as your, ehem, "proof" text.

So are you saying that it was not until after the Lord Jesus was made flesh that He was in the form of God?

That answers nothing about what I said about this passage:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"
(Phil.2:5-7).​

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads"
(Rev.22:3-4).​

Of course the Lord Jesus was in the form of God before He was made flesh. After all, only God can be described as being the "Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end" and that is how the Lord Jesus describes Himself:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:12-13).​

daqq

And now a look into Daqq's inner monologue...
"EE just proved that Jesus is God again!"
"I'll go to the Daqqtus Receptus, then pretend I have something valuable to share."
"Then... I'll claim I have scripture posted way back that has gone unanswered."
"Then I'll claim victory because I'm theologically bleeding... making me the victor!​
"

You are clearly mocking the scripture I just posted in your thread:

"Among those born of women there is none greater than Yohanan the Immerser."
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh: and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit."
"The heavens and the earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."
"Feed the congregation of Elohim, which he has purchased with his own blood."
"No one has beheld Elohim at any time"
"No one has seen Elohim at any time"

You are the Messiah denier.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Undifferentiated One.....mirrored thru all individual points.......

The Undifferentiated One.....mirrored thru all individual points.......

Hi EE,

Is the 'image' of something or someone (anything)....that thing or person itself? :)

Are you your biological father, or your spiritual father? (same person)
Dont you maintain your individual distinction of personality and personhood from your fathers? (assuming both, one who is a human, and one who is your spiritual Father God). You can be spiritually 'united' as one with each other,...but still distinct, yes?

I think you know the answer. No matter one's Christology,...there is still 'God'....and the 'Son' of 'God',...two distinct personalities, 2 entities. Relationally speaking no problem here, God has a 'Son' (also has many 'sons'),.....a Son is a generation, creation, offspring,....the progeny of a Father,....the Father is always the ancestor, the Progenitor of the Son,....the Father of all sons, the Father of all spirits, the God of all flesh, all souls belong to the Universal Father (YHWH), including Jesus :) No problem with a Unitarian view here, you can even be total Arian, mix it up a bit as 'Semi-Arian', spice it up more as a modalist, or go full bore formal as an orthodox Trinitarian.....in all these views....God is always ever distinct from His 'logos', there is the Father and the Son, two distinct personalities, TWO ENTITES :)

These are just differing points of view within One Universal Consciousness. The indivisible ONE remains...no matter how the mind relates, differentiates or divides things up. God is ever One. The Absolute Reality holds as Singular, even if the One is differentiated, dissected, inter-sexed, bi-located, trinitized......Still ONE :)

Only certain religionists who contend for, or have become 'apologists' for any particular view or kind of 'Christology' are investing energy over it, many to dogmatic proportions. And as I've proposed before,...is it necessary? well, in some cases I dont think so. - that all depends on the perspective, belief or opinion you hold, and its affect on your own personal life and religious experience. One some levels were just dealing with 'beliefs', thats all they are. On another level its just a conceptual model or favoring a different or unique philosophical flavor. There is a variety or possible and probable perspectives. From a higher transcendental plane....all these little dots in the aether,...are just 'points' of view. It could all be meaningless apart from those who are giving anything meaning.

Metaphysically speaking....lets explore -

You have the real person or thing, and an 'image' of the original reality being reflected. Using a 'mirror analogy'. You can have any number of images of the original person or thing,....but they would remain 'images' of a sort. Just like we are all made/created in the image and likeness of 'God', we all spring out of the Imagination of the One Universal MIND, that Over-Soul that has birthed us all, giving us form and substance. That would be Our Father-God, or our Father-Mother-God,...the Parental Deity of all things and beings....the Original Fount, the First Source and Center of all reality. - that would be by definition in purest absolute essence, DEITY (without beginning or end, prior to space or time, the truly INFINITE).

A true Monotheistic Unitarian View recognizes this One Singular Personality Source-Energy...this Deity-Presence is ONE, an orginal and universal unity, the original Monad. All multiplicity, dualities, pluarlity of course springs from out of this Singular Fountain and inheres within IT. This One is All There IS and All that will be, since all potentials are ever actualizing from moment to moment....in its Creational-Matrix.

"Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One".

From The One we came, to The One we return.

15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Individualized and universalized,....it is Man who is the image and likeness of YHWH, and that same image is renewed, restored, revivified, perfected in the last or 2nd Adam, the Messiah/Son of Man/Son of God, at least figuratively speaking, but all this is translated 'spiritually' and interpreted thereby. This is actually what is important, man's restoration and renewal of his soul in the Messiah, the 'new man' or 'new creation' (Messiah is the new creational-matrix) as well as the New Jerusalem who is our heavenly mother. In this respect, the Messiah or 'Son of God' archetype is like a 'Mother-Son'. We are born anew from above, in the Spirit....in the Messiah-Son, adopted into the kingdom as inheritors. We thru Jesus' 'anointing' put on 'sonship', for the Lord is the Spirit!

So yes,...the 'image' that is mirrored is important, but more important is the source, substance and form that is being mirrored, then communicated spiritually as all that man can contain, manifest or express of divinity, at any moment in space-time and thru-out eternity. I like to think of this 'community' or 'body of Messiah' as the restored Tabernacle of David in the last day, whose day is NOW at least in seed, substance and form, yet still awaiting full realization. The seed and fruit of David shall blossom and flourish!...and we are His harvest. We are the Messiah-Son!

marhig

Yeppers.

Tambora Romans 1 is talking about people who carry on wilfully sinning once they know the truth. Not about those who don't believe that Jesus is God! And by wilfully sinning, we worship the creature rather than the creator. To worship the creator then we are to turn from the lusts of our flesh and do his will and worship the father in Spirit and in truth.

From what I can see from what people of you church post, your church teaches that it is ok to sin even wilfully and you are still saved regardless!

So who's worshipping the creature and not the creator? It's those who live by the will of their flesh and not by the will of God.

Here's the rest of the chapter of Romans 1 after that which you have quoted.

Romans 1 v 26 onward

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;.Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.