Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

PART of it is history, part of it is still future. The vestiges of Rome are still with us today. Verse 25 discusses the Papacy. The western nations are still governed by Roman style governments. The Holy Roman Empire still is the largest private land owner on the planet.
It will ONLY be destroyed at Christ's 2nd coming.

You sound like a seventh day Adventist.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus' Father IS his God .... at least, if you believe Jesus and the apostles;

(John 14:9) Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

PART of it is history, part of it is still future.

Nope.

It has all been fulfilled

The vestiges of Rome are still with us today.

No they are not.

Verse 25 discusses the Papacy.

That's crazy talk

The western nations are still governed by Roman style governments.

No, the only nation that resembles that Roman Empire style of government is Israel with its Knesset.....lol

The Holy Roman Empire still is the largest private land owner on the planet.
It will ONLY be destroyed at Christ's 2nd coming.

You need to stop reading Hal Lindsay, and start believing the Bible

Dartman

You sound like a seventh day Adventist.
Like the JWs, 7th day Adventists have SOME things right .... less than they used to. In addition to their obvious error in trying to keep chunks of the Mosaic Law, The trinitarian element of their organization has polluted their original Biblical Unitarian stance.

I am an Adventist.
I am a Baptist.
I am an Anabaptist.
I am a Christian.

All of those groups include differences of doctrine on other subjects, which I don't see taught in the Scriptures.

Dartman

(John 14:9) Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
Jesus isn't the Father, so we know he wasn't being literal.
Jesus IS the "express image" of his Father, so we know what he was saying to Philip.

The rest of your post isn't worth responding to. You merely restated your erroneous opinion.

john w

Hall of Fame
Hmmmm .... I wonder why you skipped verse 9;

Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

So, who is "thy God" in the text, and who are Christ's "fellows"?

Absolutely correct! God, Christ's God, IS the one being spoken of in verse 10.

Nope, Christs GOD is called Lord, and in Psa 102 His name is Jehovah, and is said to be the one who laid the foundation of the earth.

Exactly! This is Jehovah/YHVH God..... who CANNOT be Jesus!!

Isa 42:1-8 Behold, My servant, whom I uphold; My chosen, in whom My soul delighteth: I have put My spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry, nor lift up his voice, nor cause it to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.
8 I am Jehovah, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise unto graven images.

Acts 4:24-30 And they, when they heard it, lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, O Lord, thou that didst make the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that in them is:
25 who by the holy spirit, (by) the mouth of our father David thy servant, didst say, Why did the Gentiles rage, And the peoples imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth set themselves in array, And the rulers were gathered together, Against the Lord, and against His Anointed:
27 for of a truth in this city against Thy holy servant Jesus, whom Thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together,
28 to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy council foreordained to come to pass.
29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness,
30 while Thy stretchest forth Thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Thy holy servant Jesus.

Jesus is Jehovah/YHVH God's servant.

More satanic spin,"Well, it really does not mean that...."

Exodus 17 KJV
1 And all the congregation of the children of Israel journeyed from the wilderness of Sin, after their journeys, according to the commandment of the Lord, and pitched in Rephidim: and there was no water for the people to drink. 2 Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the Lord?

1 Corinthians 10 KJV

9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

john w

Hall of Fame
Deuteronomy 32 KJV

3 because I will publish the name of the Lord:ascribe ye greatness unto our God.4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect:for all his ways are judgment:a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he....15But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked:thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick,thou art covered with fatness;then he forsook God which made him,and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation..... 18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful,and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

2 Samuel 22:32 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

2 Samuel 22 KJV
32 For who is God, save the Lord?and who is a rock, save our God?

2 Samuel 23 KJV

3 The God of Israel said,the Rock of Israel spake to me,He that ruleth over men must be just,ruling in the fear of God.

Psalm 18 KJV

31 For who is God save the Lord?or who is a rock save our God?

Isaiah 17 KJV

10 Because thou hast forgotten the God of thy salvation,and hast not been mindful of the rock of thy strength,therefore shalt thou plant pleasant plants,and shalt set it with strange slips:

1 Corinthians 10 KJV

4 and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Christ rejectors: It really does not mean that, you see, well, uh, urr....

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
I didn't translate, I merely quoted. YOU are the one trying to deny what Jesus actually said.

=his deceptive debating ploy, of "Well, Jesus said....," and that settles it, but, of course, in satanic sleight of hand, when the Lord Jesus Christ says, "I am...," over, and over, again, the context being a reference back to Exodus 3:14 KJV, which is why the Jewish leadership wanted to kill Him, despite spin to the contrary," this Christ rejector objects, with.....Wha, Wha, Wha.....!!!!

john w

Hall of Fame
Hebrews 1 KJV

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Who sent the prophets? God.

Matthew 23 KJV
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 35 that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Who sent the prophets?

john w

Hall of Fame
Acts 7:59 KJV

59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Ecclesiastes 12 KJV

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Psalm 31 KJV

5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit:thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
1 Kings 8 KJV

39 then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men;) 40 that they may fear thee all the days that they live in the land which thou gavest unto our fathers.

John 2 KJV

25 and needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

john w

Hall of Fame
The LORD God is speaking here-He "trodden the winepress alone:"

Isaiah 63 KJV
1 Who is this that cometh from Edom,with dyed garments from Bozrah?this that is glorious in his apparel,travelling in the greatness of his strength?I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.2 Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel,and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?3 I have trodden the winepress alone;and of the people there was none with me:for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury;and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments,and I will stain all my raiment.4 For the day of vengeance is in mine heart,and the year of my redeemed is come.

And who is this?:

Revelation KJV

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Last edited:

Dartman

More satanic spin,"Well, it really does not mean that...."

Exodus 17 KJV
1 And all the congregation of the children of Israel journeyed from the wilderness of Sin, after their journeys, according to the commandment of the Lord, and pitched in Rephidim: and there was no water for the people to drink. 2 Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the Lord?

1 Corinthians 10 KJV

9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

Paul is comparing temptations. The Church tempting Christ, and Israel tempting Jehovah.

See, this is a CLASSIC example of the ONLY "evidence" trinitarian/oneness victims HAVE.

The verse does NOT state that "them" tempted Christ ..... but, due to the 18 centuries of SCOURING the Scriptures, for ANYTHING that could possibly be warped to fit these views... the ASSUMPTION is made... and repeated so often you think it really says what you WISH it said.

This is true of EVERY trinitarian/oneness "proof text"... John 1, John 10, John 20, Phil 2, Col 1 ..... every single one of them does NOT STATE, EXPLAIN or PREACH trinity/oneness .... they merely are worded in a way that can be twisted to SEEM to support your doctrine.

Dartman

... (rubbish deleted) .. when the Lord Jesus Christ says, "I am...," over, and over, again, the context being a reference back to Exodus 3:14 KJV, ...
You wish.

There is NO connection to Ex 3:14.
Different languages, different beings, different context.
The Septuagint, (which all of the Jews studied), renders the actual TITLE in Ex 3, NOT the same words Jesus said.
Jesus said; "ego eimi" where as the TITLE in Ex 3:14 is "O' on"!

English translation ;
And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING has sent me to you.

So, your theory is destroyed.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You wish.

Sure there is.

Denying scripture now, are you?

So?

The Septuagint, (which all of the Jews studied), renders the actual TITLE in Ex 3, NOT the same words Jesus said.

And? So what?

Seems like you're leaving out the important bit...

14¶And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

14καὶ εἶπεν ὁ θεὸς πρὸς Μωυσῆν ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν καὶ εἶπεν οὕτως ἐρεῖς τοῖς υἱοῖς Ισραηλ ὁ ὢν ἀπέσταλκέν με πρὸς ὑμᾶς

:think:

Jesus said before Abraham was, I am.
God said I am who I am, after Abraham.

English translation ;
And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING has sent me to you.

Nope.

You're forgetting that the Septuagint is a TRANSLATION of the HEBREW.

God said, "I AM WHO I AM" and "I AM has sent" Moses.

58b4c26547119c2570a5b298fae26922.jpg

Spoiler
Strong's h1961

- Lexical: הָיָה
- Transliteration: hayah
- Part of Speech: Verb
- Phonetic Spelling: haw-yaw
- Definition: come.
- Origin: A primitive root (compare hava'); to exist, i.e. Be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary).
- Usage: beacon, X altogether, be(-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, + follow, happen, X have, last, pertain, quit (one-)self, require, X use.
- Translated as (count): And it came to pass (323), shall be (263), was (137), and shall be (111), be (106), And was (102), and it shall come to pass (99), and it shall be (88), were (81), and came (68), And were (67), came (55), and it was (44), is (44), it shall be (42), There was (39), do be (37), And they shall be (36), they shall be (36), and there was (33), and be (30), had (30), to be (29), and became (28), will be (27), become (25), you shall have (24), there be (23), are (22), Now it came to pass (22), there shall be (22), you shall be (22), And had (21), when it came to pass (19), and (18), and become (17), Then came (17), I AM (16), it was (16), has been (15), have (14), you were (14), do there was (13), I was (13), may be (13), and he was (12), shall become (12), shall there be (12), And they were (11), there were (11), thereof shall be (11), they were (11), you have been (11), and he had (10), And there shall be (10), and you shall be (10), became (10), do was (10), have been (10), he had (10), and he shall be (9), he was (9), shall have (9), Then it shall be (9), They are (9), But it came to pass (8), but shall be (8), Let there be (8), shall you have (8), then shall be (8), and I will be (7), been (7), do been (7), do there shall be (7), has (7), I will be (7), shall it be (7), that you should be (7), when it shall be (7), and it became (6), and she became (6), has become (6), it is (6), might be (6), shall they be (6), that it may be (6), There is (6), And I was (5), and is (5), and shall become (5), and there were (5), and will be (5), be you (5), But was (5), do had (5), for it was (5), he shall be (5), Now there was (5), shall (5), that came (5), that they may be (5), thereof were (5), we are (5), and he became (4), and they are (4), and they became (4), and they shall become (4), But it shall be (4), But it shall come to pass (4), do have (4), For it came to pass (4), has come (4), I have been (4), let (4), Let them be (4), she shall be (4), that it might be (4), that shall be (4), Therefore it shall be (4), we were (4), when they were (4), you be (4), - (3), also is (3), also shall be (3), and continued (3), and has become (3), and it be (3), And it fell (3), and let them be (3), and may be (3), and of it shall be (3), and thereof were (3), and where was (3), did (3), do it was (3), do were (3), For it shall be (3), had been (3), is she become (3), it became (3), let it be (3), shall endure (3), shall he be (3), so it came to pass (3), so they were (3), so was (3), that there may be (3), that there was (3), that they should be (3), then it shall come to pass (3), then you shall be (3), they had (3), we be (3), were them (3), when (3), when was (3), who was (3), will I be (3), And are (2), And as (2), and be you (2), and It came (2), and It came even to pass (2), and it is (2), And it shall become (2), and let it be (2), and of them were (2), and she shall be (2), and should be (2), And they had (2), and we were (2), and Why it shall come to pass (2), are her (2), are you (2), as it was (2), but be you (2), but become (2), But came (2), but let them be (2), but they shall be (2), do it shall be (2), follow (2), followed (2), for he had (2), For he shall be (2), from being (2), happens (2), has had (2), he be (2), he has (2), he shall have (2), I am become (2), I have become (2), is done (2), it came to pass (2), It shall have (2), it will be (2), let be (2), of them shall be (2), pertained (2), quit (2), shall come (2), shall it come to pass (2), shall shall be (2), shall you be (2), She is (2), she was (2), should be (2), should you be (2), so it became (2), so it was (2), so shall they be (2), so there was (2), so were (2), that has been (2), that it came to pass (2), that it shall be (2), that were (2), that you may be (2), theirs was (2), then was (2), there has been (2), therefore be (2), Therefore it shall come to pass (2), thereof are (2), they became (2), they have (2), they have been (2), they may be (2), to have (2), went (2), when he was (2), When you were (2), will become (2), will happen (2), you and you shall be (2), you are (2), you to be (2), you will be (2), :and they shall be (1), accomplished (1), against you shall be (1), also be (1), also came (1), also had been (1), also was (1), also will be (1), altogether (1), am (1), and Again there was (1), and although there was (1), and am (1), and are become (1), and be given (1), and be her (1), and became him (1), and because there fell (1), and been (1), and caused (1), and come (1), and continually (1), and ended (1), and entered into (1), and even they had (1), and executed (1), and fails (1), and fasted (1), and feared (1), And fell (1), and has come (1), and have (1), and have been (1), and have me (1), and having (1), and he also has become (1), and He continued (1), and he did (1), and he has become (1), and he rose up (1), and he shall even be (1), And he shall have (1), and hired (1), and I am (1), and I became (1), And I have (1), And I have been (1), and I shall be (1), and I shall seem (1), and is her (1), and it come to pass (1), and it comes to pass (1), and it fell out (1), and it happened that (1), and it is done (1), and It shall also come to pass (1), and It shall even be (1), and it should be (1), and it was set (1), and it will be (1), and It will come (1), and it would be (1), And let it come to pass (1), and let them go (1), and long have I been (1), and made haste (1), and may (1), and may have (1), and might have been (1), And obtained (1), and of it was (1), and of it were (1), And shall (1), And shall appear (1), and shall be brought to pass (1), And shall be her (1), and shall be made (1), and shall come (1), And shall come to pass (1), and shall go (1), And shall hang (1), and shall surely be (1), And shall they have (1), And she had (1), and she is (1), and she waited (1), and she was (1), and show (1), and side was (1), and spread forth (1), and stayed (1), and that were (1), and there are (1), And there be (1), and there will be (1), and thereof are (1), and thereof shall become (1), and they are received (1), and they continued (1), and they may be (1), and they might have (1), and they shall take them (1), and Thus I was (1), and time (1), and to be (1), and torn (1), and uttered (1), and viewed (1), and we will be (1), and we will become (1), and went (1), and were married (1), and where they were (1), and who became (1), and who had (1), and who were (1), and Why it came to pass (1), and will become (1), and Yet it came to pass (1), and Yet they had (1), and Yet they shall be (1), and yet will I be (1), and you became (1), and you may be (1), And you shall (1), and you shall also be (1), And you shall become (1), and you shall even have (1), and You shall keep (1), and you were (1), are become (1), are become her (1), as well (1), be at all (1), broke (1), brought him (1), but be (1), but have (1), but have gone (1), But he seemed (1), But he shall have (1), But is (1), But it was (1), but shall (1), but that they may be (1), But there was (1), but they laughed them to scorn (1), but they seemed (1), But we are (1), caused (1), come (1), come to pass (1), do and there shall be (1), do be at all (1), do be us (1), do be you (1), do become (1), do deed done (1), do enjoy (1), do escape (1), do follow (1), do he be (1), do he had (1), do he has (1), do he was (1), do I should have been (1), do is (1), do let be (1), do marry (1), do that they might have (1), do There are (1), do there had been (1), do there has been (1), do there is (1), do Therefore shall they have (1), do they had (1), do wear (1), do yet had (1), do you Be (1), done (1), dwelled (1), escaped (1), every manshall be (1), expressly (1), fainted (1), fared (1), feared (1), fell (1), follows (1), for he shall have (1), for he was (1), For it shall come to pass (1), for these are (1), for you to be (1), for you will have (1), formerly (1), from having (1), from that time (1), had become (1), had war him (1), had you (1), happen (1), happened (1), has come to pass (1), has fallen (1), hate (1), have bereaved (1), have committed (1), have had (1), have her (1), Have I been (1), have we been (1), he (1), He became (1), he has been (1), he is (1), he loved (1), he may be (1), he shall allow (1), he were (1), he will show (1), held up (1), his it was (1), his will I be (1), I count (1), I had (1), I have (1), I shall be (1), I shall have (1), I should be (1), I should have (1), if there be (1), in being (1), in it shall be (1), in it there shall be (1), In you are (1), is committed (1), is to be (1), is to me become (1), it be (1), it happened that (1), it has become (1), it lay (1), it may be (1), it may glitter (1), it might be (1), it shall (1), it shall become (1), it shall come to pass (1), it went (1), it were (1), keep (1), lasted (1), lasts (1), let him be (1), may become (1), may have (1), Moreover it shall come to pass (1), Now among these were (1), now as was (1), Now it was (1), Now was (1), of her be (1), of that are to come (1), of them shall (1), of your be (1), Otherwise it shall come to pass (1), pertains (1), remained (1), required (1), served (1), shall be a (1), shall be burned (1), shall be her (1), shall be him (1), shall be made (1), shall escape (1), shall even be (1), shall give (1), shall have him become (1), shall have them (1), shall I have (1), shall she be (1), shall surely (1), shall they marry (1), shall they must marry (1), shall wander (1), shall we order (1), she had (1), she had at all (1), she had been (1), she? take her (1), should (1), should be them (1), should have endured (1), should I be (1), since there was (1), so (1), so be (1), So became (1), so become (1), so has (1), so he was (1), so it shall be (1), so passed (1), so shall be (1), so shall it be (1), so shall you be (1), so that he was (1), so that I am (1), so that it be (1), so that it shall be (1), so that she has (1), so that there was (1), so that they became (1), so that you shall be (1), so viewed (1), stayed (1), stood (1), that be (1), that came up (1), that he is (1), that he should not have (1), that I may have (1), that I might be (1), that I was (1), that I will be (1), that it come to pass (1), that it may be you (1), that it may become (1), that it may continue (1), that it was (1), that lest you be (1), that may be (1), that may extend (1), that might be (1), that shall be counted (1), that shall come (1), that she may be (1), that should be (1), that there shall be (1), that there were (1), that they may become (1), that they may qualify (1), that they might be (1), that they might have (1), that they should (1), that they should be no (1), that they should become (1), that they were (1), that thing became (1), that was (1), that you be (1), that you may have (1), that you may use (1), that you might be (1), then be (1), Then have (1), Then I was (1), then it came to pass (1), then it will happen (1), then remains (1), Then shall it be (1), then shall remain (1), Then Then (1), Then there shall be (1), Then there was (1), then they will be (1), then we will be (1), then you shall (1), then you shall help (1), therefore came (1), therefore he had (1), therefore he shall be (1), therefore he was (1), Therefore I will be (1), therefore is (1), Therefore it has come to pass (1), therefore there was (1), therefore they shall be (1), therefore they were (1), therefore you are (1), therefore you shall (1), therein shall be (1), thereof be (1), thereof shall you have (1), they are become (1), they are received (1), they belong (1), they had made (1), they may offer (1), they reported (1), They shall have (1), they shall reach (1), they should (1), they will be (1), this has been (1), to become (1), to me to be (1), was made (1), was set (1), We are become (1), we shall (1), we should have been (1), We will be (1), we will have (1), when I was (1), when it come to pass (1), when it is (1), when it was (1), when it will come to pass (1), when she was (1), when they are (1), when they shall be (1), when was come (1), when we were (1), whether he shall be (1), whether there has been (1), while (1), while he was (1), while he yet lived (1), while there was (1), who had (1), who you should minister (1), will come (1), will he be (1), will it be (1), will it happen (1), will occur (1), will surely (1), will we be (1), will you be altogether (1), would be (1), would become (1), would have (1), Yet you had (1), you and has become (1), you and it be (1), you are become (1), you continue (1), you from being (1), you had (1), you have (1), you have had (1), you is (1), you may be (1), you may have (1), you might be (1), you on him while he is (1), you shall thus be (1), you when you shall (1), you while you be (1), you you shall be (1), you you were (1).

Spoiler
Strong's h834

- Lexical: אֲשֶׁר
- Transliteration: asher
- Part of Speech: particle of relation; connecting link; conjunction; adverb; conjunction; adverb; conjunction; conjunction; relative particle; pronoun; conjunction
- Phonetic Spelling: ash-er'
- Definition: which.
- Origin: after, alike, as soon as, because, every, for, forasmuch, from whence, A primitive relative pronoun (of every gender and number); who, which, what, that; also (as an adverb and a conjunction) when, where, how, because, in order that, etc..
- Usage: X after, X alike, as (soon as), because, X every, for, + forasmuch, + from whence, + how(-soever), X if, (so) that ((thing) which, wherein), X though, + until, + whatsoever, when, where (+ -as, -in, -of, -on, -soever, -with), which, whilst, + whither(- soever), who(-m, -soever, -se). As it is indeclinable, it is often accompanied by the personal pronoun expletively, used to show the connection. Forms and Transliterations אֲ֝שֶׁ֗ר אֲ֠שֶׁר אֲֽשֶׁר־ אֲשֶֽׁר־ אֲשֶׁ֕ר אֲשֶׁ֖ר אֲשֶׁ֖רׅ אֲשֶׁ֗ר אֲשֶׁ֛ר אֲשֶׁ֞ר אֲשֶׁ֡ר אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֲשֶׁ֣ר ׀ אֲשֶׁ֤֣ר אֲשֶׁ֤ר אֲשֶׁ֤ר ׀ אֲשֶׁ֥֣ר אֲשֶׁ֥ר אֲשֶׁ֧ר אֲשֶׁ֨ר אֲשֶׁ֪ר אֲשֶׁר אֲשֶׁר֙ אֲשֶׁר֩ אֲשֶׁר֮ אֲשֶׁר־ אֲשֶׁ֥ר אִ֣ישׁ איש אשר אשר־ בַּאֲשֶׁ֕ר בַּאֲשֶׁ֖ר בַּאֲשֶׁ֛ר בַּאֲשֶׁ֣ר בַּאֲשֶׁ֤ר בַּאֲשֶׁ֥ר באשר הַאֲשֶׁ֥ר האשר וְכַֽאֲשֶׁר֙ וְכַאֲשֶׁ֛ר וְכַאֲשֶׁ֣ר וְכַאֲשֶׁ֤ר וְכַאֲשֶׁ֥ר וְכַאֲשֶׁ֨ר וְכַאֲשֶׁר֙ וְלַֽאֲשֶׁ֖ר וְלַֽאֲשֶׁר֙ וְלַאֲשֶׁ֖ר וְלַאֲשֶׁ֣ר וְלַאֲשֶׁ֥ר וְלַאֲשֶׁ֧ר וַֽאֲשֶׁ֥ר וַֽאֲשֶׁ֥ר֩ וַֽאֲשֶׁר֙ וַֽאֲשֶׁר־ וַאֲשֶֽׁר־ וַאֲשֶׁ֖ר וַאֲשֶׁ֛ר וַאֲשֶׁ֣ר וַאֲשֶׁ֣ר ׀ וַאֲשֶׁ֤ר וַאֲשֶׁ֥֣ר וַאֲשֶׁ֥ר וַאֲשֶׁ֥ר֩ וַאֲשֶׁ֧ר וַאֲשֶׁ֨ר וַאֲשֶׁ֪ר וַאֲשֶׁר֙ וַאֲשֶׁר֩ וַאֲשֶׁר־ וָֽאֵשֵׁ֔ב וּבַאֲשֶׁ֤ר וּבַאֲשֶׁ֥ר וּמֵאֲשֶׁ֣ר וּמֵאֲשֶׁ֥ר ואשב ואשר ואשר־ ובאשר וכאשר ולאשר ומאשר כַּ֝אֲשֶׁ֗ר כַּֽאֲשֶׁ֖ר כַּֽאֲשֶׁ֛ר כַּֽאֲשֶׁ֣ר כַּֽאֲשֶׁ֤ר כַּֽאֲשֶׁ֥ר כַּֽאֲשֶׁ֨ר כַּֽאֲשֶׁר֙ כַּֽאֲשֶׁר־ כַּאֲשֶׁ֖ר כַּאֲשֶׁ֛ר כַּאֲשֶׁ֣ר כַּאֲשֶׁ֣ר ׀ כַּאֲשֶׁ֤ר כַּאֲשֶׁ֥ר כַּאֲשֶׁ֧ר כַּאֲשֶׁ֨ר כַּאֲשֶׁר֙ כַּאֲשֶׁר֩ כַּאֲשֶׁר־ כַאֲשֶׁ֣ר כַאֲשֶׁר־ כאשר כאשר־ לַ֠אֲשֶׁר לַֽאֲשֶׁ֣ר לַֽאֲשֶׁ֤ר לַֽאֲשֶׁר֙ לַאֲשֶׁ֖ר לַאֲשֶׁ֛ר לַאֲשֶׁ֣ר לַאֲשֶׁ֤ר לַאֲשֶׁ֥ר לַאֲשֶׁ֧ר לַאֲשֶׁ֨ר לַאֲשֶׁר־ לאשר לאשר־ מֵאֲשֶׁ֖ר מֵאֲשֶׁ֥ר מֵאֲשֶׁ֨ר מאשר ’ă·šer ’ă·šer- ’ăšer ’ăšer- ’îš aSher asheroSha asheroShi asherSa ba’ăšer ba·’ă·šer baaSher chaaSher ha’ăšer ha·’ă·šer haaSher Ish ka’ăšer ḵa’ăšer ka’ăšer- ḵa’ăšer- ka·’ă·šer ḵa·’ă·šer ka·’ă·šer- ḵa·’ă·šer- kaaSher la’ăšer la’ăšer- la·’ă·šer la·’ă·šer- laaSher mê’ăšer mê·’ă·šer meaSher ū·ḇa·’ă·šer ū·mê·’ă·šer ūḇa’ăšer ūmê’ăšer umeaSher uvaaSher vaaSher vaeShev vechaaSher velaaSher wa’ăšer wa’ăšer- wā’êšêḇ wa·’ă·šer wa·’ă·šer- wā·’ê·šêḇ wə·ḵa·’ă·šer wə·la·’ă·šer wəḵa’ăšer wəla’ăšer Links Interlinear Greek • Interlinear Hebrew • Strong's Numbers • Englishman's Greek Concordance • Englishman's Hebrew Concordance • Parallel Texts
- Translated as (count): that (2998), as (395), whom (242), - (192), who (181), where (172), which (152), when (81), what (70), with which (70), whose (69), wherein (62), after (46), because (44), that which (36), how (24), of whom (24), and that (23), for (22), whereof (20), to whom (18), according as (16), such as (15), whereby (15), like as (14), If (13), and to that (12), in whose (12), he (11), on that (11), and what (10), by that (9), and who (8), he who (8), whereunto (8), and as (7), in that (7), in whom (7), the that (7), and (6), And he who (6), and how (6), they (6), whatever (6), who were (6), whoever (6), and whom (5), as soon as (5), or that (5), that is (5), whereupon (5), for the that (4), his (4), in the which (4), in what (4), of which (4), so that (4), with whom (4), you you (4), also that (3), and such (3), and such as (3), and whose (3), as when (3), for that (3), from from where (3), from that (3), from where (3), my (3), on such (3), soever (3), those who (3), about which (2), according to that which (2), according to what (2), against whom (2), and because (2), And if (2), and they who (2), and where (2), and wherein (2), as if (2), as though (2), as you (2), by what (2), Even as (2), from whom (2), I (2), in which (2), of his (2), of those who (2), on which (2), on whom (2), such (2), than that (2), that was (2), that you (2), they who (2), Though (2), to the one who (2), to those who (2), wherever (2), which is (2), which was (2), while (2), who are (2), who was (2), whomsoever (2), about that (1), according (1), after it (1), again as (1), again by what (1), against that (1), alike (1), all that (1), Also (1), also what (1), among whom (1), among you that (1), and after (1), and As when a man (1), and by that (1), and by the that (1), and for them (1), And he to whom (1), and he whom (1), and her that (1), and him who (1), And if a man (1), and in that (1), and it or whoever (1), and of that (1), and them that (1), and to him who sacrifices (1), and when (1), and whereby (1), and which (1), and you (1), any (1), as much as (1), as occasion serve (1), As that (1), as these that (1), as which (1), at that (1), between whom (1), but that (1), But the more (1), by (1), by whatever (1), by which (1), concerning him who (1), concerning that (1), concerning whom (1), done as (1), even whom (1), ever (1), for her who (1), for me (1), for that which (1), for they (1), for those (1), for whom (1), for whose cause (1), for you (1), forasmuch as (1), forasmuch as when (1), from among whom (1), from that in that (1), from the one that (1), from what (1), from which (1), he who owns (1), him (1), him whom (1), him? he who (1), if you (1), in me that (1), in so (1), in you that which (1), into me when (1), into where (1), into where which (1), into whose (1), is that (1), is that which (1), it (1), it to whom (1), it you (1), its (1), just as (1), lest (1), Like (1), nor that (1), Now that (1), of (1), of old (1), of that which (1), of the that (1), of them that (1), one (1), one in whose (1), or as when (1), or whoever (1), seeing (1), so (1), such things as (1), than they who (1), than whom (1), that are (1), That he who (1), that he whom (1), that on that (1), that thing which (1), that those who (1), that whatever (1), that when (1), the (1), the altar that (1), the face of (1), the steward (1), the storehouses (1), the thing which (1), the things that (1), therefore as (1), therefore that (1), thereof as (1), these that (1), thet were of (1), they to whom (1), they whose (1), things (1), those things with which (1), those whom (1), through that (1), through whose (1), to for (1), to her that (1), to him as (1), to Him from whom (1), to him to whom (1), to him what (1), to his steward (1), to me whom (1), to that (1), to the one from whom (1), to the steward (1), to the that (1), to them as (1), until now (1), unto (1), We who (1), what things (1), when them (1), Whenever (1), where her (1), where you (1), Whereas (1), whereof me (1), whereto (1), whether (1), which them (1), which you (1), whilst (1), who you (1), why (1), with its (1), Yes (1).

john w

Hall of Fame
You wish.

English translation ;

Observe, the satanic deception, again-the Christ rejector, "argues," over, and over. "Jesus said...." but when opponents challenge him on it, he responds, cries," I'm just telling you what he says...said...!!!," but, when opponents do likewise, he spams the above spin, adds, " Different languages, different beings, different context...," part of the argument I provided in explaining the "no one knows the day and hour....," which he, in hypocrisy, rejected with, "I'm just telling you what Jesus said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wicked deceiver, engaging in hypocrisy, "Three Card Monty"-my evidence-you.

And shuck your "The Septuagint" jazz, as you have never seen this alleged Septugant, cannot read/write/understand/speak any "Greek," con artist.

I, Christ rejector, will correct the KJV bible, and others, when they do not support my satanic "doctrine," interpretation, understanding, rummage through a stack of sources, bibles, and find those, that do, to support what I believe, as what I believe, determines what the scriptures are, and what they should say; if they do not, I will either find those that do, or correct those, so that they agree with my satanic "doctrine," interpretation. Thus, I am not only a Christ rejector, but a bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, not a bible believer.

Be gone, child of the devil.

So there, demonic shill.

john w

Hall of Fame
Paul is comparing temptations. The Church tempting Christ, and Israel tempting Jehovah.

See, this is a CLASSIC example of the ONLY "evidence" trinitarian/oneness victims HAVE.

The verse does NOT state that "them" tempted Christ ..... but, due to the 18 centuries of SCOURING the Scriptures, for ANYTHING that could possibly be warped to fit these views... the ASSUMPTION is made... and repeated so often you think it really says what you WISH it said.

This is true of EVERY trinitarian/oneness "proof text"... John 1, John 10, John 20, Phil 2, Col 1 ..... every single one of them does NOT STATE, EXPLAIN or PREACH trinity/oneness .... they merely are worded in a way that can be twisted to SEEM to support your doctrine.

No, you spammed a satanic interpretation deceiver. It says the children of Israel tempted the Lord. Paul is referencing that same Exodus passage, with his recurring "Just as...Likewise" lawyerly style, and says, that:
tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted

="as some also" tempted Christ-Christ was the one they tempted-the Lord

...and none of your butchered interpretation will do here, deceiver.
Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

Why you deceptive, deceiving little troll, lying out of that demonic mouth, as TOL member, after TOL member, have given you, and your fellow demons, verse, after verse, expounding at length, in which to soak your devilish brain,and you deceptively cry "ONLY!!!!!"

Leave, wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.