Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartman

Agree somewhat:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
You stopped just a bit too soon;

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters
Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together unto one place
Gen 1:11 And God said, Let the earth put forth grass,
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of heaven
Gen 1:20 And God said, Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures
Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind,
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image

keypurr said:
The Miltha is a spirit of God. YHWH created ALL through his Miltha.
Nope.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God's words ARE God.

First of all, God is not words.

He is a Being.

Second, John 1:1 is not talking about "words" (plural).

It is talking about "ο λογος" (HO LOGOS), "the Word" (noun - nominative masculine singular).

"The Word" in John 1:1,14 is a nominative, it's in the 'naming' case.

God's words

False premise, but that's already been addressed.

were fulfilled as a flesh and blood baby boy born in Bethlehem. "LOGOS" NEVER means "Jesus".

Straw man.

No one claimed that the definition of "logos" is "Jesus".

Jesus fulfilled, spoke, obeyed, taught God's LOGOS;
John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings (logos): and the word (logos)) which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word (logos).

John 17:14 I have given them thy word (logos); and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word (logos) is truth.

John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word (logos);

And on, and on.

None of which has much to do with the PERSON of Jesus Christ.

Words are not people.

Jesus is Jehovah/YHVH God's holy servant;
Isa 42:1-8 Behold, My servant, whom I uphold; My chosen, in whom My soul delighteth: I have put My spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry, nor lift up his voice, nor cause it to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.
8 I am Jehovah, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise unto graven images.

Acts 4:24-30 And they, when they heard it, lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, O Lord, thou that didst make the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that in them is:
25 who by the holy spirit, (by) the mouth of our father David thy servant, didst say, Why did the Gentiles rage, And the peoples imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth set themselves in array, And the rulers were gathered together, Against the Lord, and against His Anointed:
27 for of a truth in this city against Thy holy servant Jesus, whom Thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together,
28 to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy council foreordained to come to pass.
29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness,
30 while Thy stretchest forth Thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Thy holy servant Jesus.

As Jehovah's holy servant, Jesus preached exactly what his God commanded him to preach;

John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus taught his God's plan, his God's logos/word, and covered the entire scope of his God's gospel. The gospel of the kingdom, the necessity of works, the necessity of faith, the necessity of love and obedience. Jesus more specifically defined sin, and judgment.... and righteousness and reward.

Jesus taught about the future role of the apostles, and his own future responsibilities.

None of the above has anything to do with what I asked.

Jesus taught about his God.

This is an answer to my question.

Dart, have you looked at what Jesus taught?

As in, have you actually tried to get an idea of who He taught about?

I think you'll find that, overwhelmingly, his message was FOCUSED on HIMSELF, and not the Father.

More on that in a bit, but first, in the Old Testament, God's prophets always said, "thus saith the LORD." Yet that phrase is not found in the New Testament.

It is replaced by Jesus saying, "I say unto you."

In other words, He is speaking as God.

Not one righteous human or angel in the ENTIRE BIBLE ever spoke with such authority, for to do so would be blasphemy.

QUESTION 1: Was Jesus a blasphemer for speaking as God?

Back to Jesus' message...

Jesus' focus was on Himself.

Almost everything He said revolved around Himself

“Follow Me” 19x Mt. 4:19; 8:22; 10:38; 16:24; 19:21; Mk. 1:17; 2:14; 8:34; 10:21; Lk. 5:27; 9:59; 18:22; Jn. 1:43; 8:12; 10:27; 12:26; 13:36; 21:19, 22
Pray and act “in My name” 18x Mt. 7:22; 18:5; 18:20; [24:5]; Mk. 9:37, 39, 41; [13:6]; Lk. 9:48; [21:8]; 24:47; Jn. 14:13?14; 15:16; 16:23?24, 26; Acts 9:15
“the Holy Spirit” comes “in My name” Jn. 14:26
“for My name’s sake” leave family and property Mt. 19:29; or even be killed 5x Mt. 24:9; [Lk. 21:12, 17;] Jn. 15:21; Acts 9:16
Believe in the “name of the… Son” and “in the Son” 3x Jn. 3:18, 36; 9:35 and “in Him [Jesus]” 4x Jn. 3:18; 6:29, 40; 8:31
“believe in Me” 14x Mt. 18:6; Mk. 9:42; Jn. 3:15?16, 18; 6:35, 47; 7:38; 11:25, 26; 12:44, 46; 14:1, 12; 16:8; 17:20
You “are sanctified by faith in Me” Acts 26:18
Live “in Me” Jn. 11:26
“come after Me” Mk. 8:34; Lk. 14:27
Abide “in Me” Jn. 15:2, 4:5, 7 “abide in Me” or else Jn. 15:6 “abide in My love” Jn. 15:9?10
“where two or three are gathered” Jesus is “there in the midst of them” Mt. 18:20
So too: “I [Jesus, will abide] in you” Jn. 15:4?5
“know that I am He” Jn. 8:28 or “if you do not believe that I am He you will die in your sins” Jn. 8:24
Do things “for My sake” Mt. 10:22, 39; even lose your life “for My sake” 4x Mt. 16:25; Mk. 8:35; 10:29; Lk. 6:22
“I never knew you, depart from Me” Mt. 7:23
“I am willing; be cleansed” Mt. 8:3; Mk.. 1:41
”confess Me” Mt. 10:32; Lk. 12:8
Do not deny “Me” 7x Mt. 10:33; 26:34; Mk. 14:30, 72; Lk. 12:9; 22:34; Jn. 13:38
Do not be “ashamed of Me” Mk. 8:38; Lk. 9:26 nor "My words"
“love Me” 5x Jn. 14:15, 21, 23?24, 28
Do not reject “Me” Lk. 10:16; Jn. 12:48
“He who is not with Me is against Me” Lk. 11:23
Love Me “more than” your family members Mt. 10:37; [Lk. 14:26]
“I… have loved you” Jn. 15:9, 12
Be “worthy of Me” Mt. 10:37?38
“Come to Me” 5x Mt. 11:28; Lk. 6:47; Jn. 5:40; 6:35; 7:37
“I will give you rest” Mt. 11:28
“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” Mt. 11:30
I am “greater than the temple” “than Jonah” “than Solomon” Mt. 12:6, 41?42
I am “Lord even of the Sabbath” Mt. 12:8; Mk. 2:28; Lk. 6:5 [Lord of God's Ten Commandments]
Thus He says keep “My commandments” 4x Jn. 14:15, 21; 15:10, 12
“You are My friends if you do whatever I command you” Jn. 15:14
“keep My word” Jn. 14:23?24
“He who is not with Me is against Me” Mt. 12:30
The angels are “His angels” Mt. 13:41; 16:27 and He commands “His angels” Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27
The kingdom is “His kingdom” Mt. 13:41 and He calls it “My kingdom” Lk. 22:30
Jesus called it “My church” Mt. 16:18 and believers are “My sheep” Jn. 10:14, 27 and they are “His elect” Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27
Paul is a “vessel of Mine to bear My name” Acts 9:15
“all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine” Jn. 17:10
“My peace I give” Jn. 14:27 ”in Me you may have peace” Jn. 16:33
“My joy” should fill you Jn. 15:11
“Who do men say that I am?” Mt. 16:13; Mk. 8:27 “who do you say that I am?” Mt. 16:15
Receive “Me” Mt. 18:5; Mk. 9:37; Lk. 9:48
Heaven and earth will pass away but “My words” will never Mt. [5:18] 24:35; Mk. 13:31; Lk. 21:33
Tell others about Jesus Mk. 5:19
“you belong to Christ” Mk. 9:41
Hear “My sayings” and do them Lk. 6:47
Jesus has “His own glory” Lk. 9:26; [Jn. 2:11; 16:14] The Son is “glorified” 8x Jn. 11:4; 12:23; 13:31?32; [17:1, 5, 10 24]
“He who hears you hears Me” Lk. 10:16
Jesus expects praise, from stones if necessary 1x Lk. 19:37?40
Return “to Me” Lk. 22:32
Be “My disciple” Lk. 14:27; Jn. 8:31; 15:8 Forsake all to “be My disciple” Lk. 14:33 ”you are My disciples” Jn. 13:35
“I shall send… the [Holy] Spirit” Jn. 15:26; 16:7
The Holy Spirit “will testify of Me” Jn. 15:26
We read in John 5 and Luke 24 that “the Scriptures… testify of Me” Jn. 5:39; [Lk. 24:44]
“You [Apostles] also will bear witness [of Me] because you have been with Me” Jn. 15:27
Paul gives “testimony concerning Me” Acts 22:18; 23:11
“the Son gives life to whom He will” Jn. 5:21
“seek Me” Jn. 6:26
Serve “Me” Jn. 12:26
“all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father” Jn. 5:23
“I am the bread of life,” “of heaven,” “of God” Jn. 6: 32-33, 35, 41, [48,] 51
Just seeing Christ is reason enough to believe [Jn. 6:36] him” Jn. 6:56
Drink “My blood” and eat “My flesh” Jn. 6:53?54, 56
“I will raise him up at the last day” Jn. 6:40 for He is the resurrection
“The world… hates Me” Jn. 7:7
“I am the light of the world” Jn. 8:12; 9:5; 12:46
“I bear witness of Myself” 1x Jn. 8:13-14, 18
“know… Jesus Christ” for “eternal life” Jn. 17:3; [8:19; 10:10, 14]
“the Son makes you free” Jn. 8:36
“Abraham rejoiced to see My day” Jn. 8:56; “Before Abraham was, I AM” Jn. 8:58
Of believers, Christ said, “I know them” Jn. 10:27
“I give them eternal life” Jn. 10:28
“I am the resurrection and the life” Jn. 11:25
I “will draw all peoples to Myself” Jn. 12:32
“I will… receive you to Myself” Jn. 14:3
Be “Mine” Jn. 14:24
“I am the vine” Jn. 15:5
“without Me you can do nothing” Jn. 15:5
“You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you” Jn. 15:16
Those who oppress Christians are “persecuting Me” Acts 9:4?5; 22:7?8; 26:14?15
“because they have not known… Me” Jn. 16:3
The Spirit “will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it” Jn. 16:14
“All things that the Father has are Mine” Jn. 16:15
“the Father… loves you, because you have loved Me” Jn. 16:27
“If I will that he remain” Jn. 21:22
“I have overcome the world” Jn. 16:33
“I am the way” Jn. 14:6
“I am… the truth” Jn. 14:6
“I am… the life” Jn. 14:6
“I will… manifest Myself” Jn. 14:21

- kgov.com/deity

So, Dart, my next question to you is this.

QUESTION 2: Do you still deny the incarnation of God the Son?

Jesus commanded believing that his God is "the ONLY true God". Jesus confirmed the New Testament to the Jews for 3 1/2 years, and after his ascension the apostles then confirmed the New Testament/Covenant to the Jews for the last half of the "week" in Dan 9... 3 1/2 more years.

Jesus message wasn't one sided. Your question is worded poorly again.

:blabla:

glorydaz

God's words ARE God.
Spoiler
God's words were fulfilled as a flesh and blood baby boy born in Bethlehem. "LOGOS" NEVER means "Jesus". Jesus fulfilled, spoke, obeyed, taught God's LOGOS;
John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings (logos): and the word (logos)) which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word (logos).

John 17:14 I have given them thy word (logos); and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word (logos) is truth.

John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word (logos);

And on, and on.

Jesus is Jehovah/YHVH God's holy servant;
Isa 42:1-8 Behold, My servant, whom I uphold; My chosen, in whom My soul delighteth: I have put My spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry, nor lift up his voice, nor cause it to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.
8 I am Jehovah, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise unto graven images.

Acts 4:24-30 And they, when they heard it, lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, O Lord, thou that didst make the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that in them is:
25 who by the holy spirit, (by) the mouth of our father David thy servant, didst say, Why did the Gentiles rage, And the peoples imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth set themselves in array, And the rulers were gathered together, Against the Lord, and against His Anointed:
27 for of a truth in this city against Thy holy servant Jesus, whom Thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together,
28 to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy council foreordained to come to pass.
29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness,
30 while Thy stretchest forth Thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Thy holy servant Jesus.

As Jehovah's holy servant, Jesus preached exactly what his God commanded him to preach;

John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

Jesus taught his God's plan, his God's logos/word, and covered the entire scope of his God's gospel. The gospel of the kingdom, the necessity of works, the necessity of faith, the necessity of love and obedience. Jesus more specifically defined sin, and judgment.... and righteousness and reward.

Jesus taught about the future role of the apostles, and his own future responsibilities.
Jesus taught about his God. Jesus commanded believing that his God is "the ONLY true God". Jesus confirmed the New Testament to the Jews for 3 1/2 years, and after his ascension the apostles then confirmed the New Testament/Covenant to the Jews for the last half of the "week" in Dan 9... 3 1/2 more years.

Jesus message wasn't one sided. Your question is worded poorly again.

John 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Mark 1:24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

Isaiah 12
And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

And in that day shall ye say, Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.

Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.

Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

Dartman

First of all, God is not words.

He is a Being.
Both are true. God is a Being is literally true. God's words are God is figuratively true, like God is Love is figuratively true.

JR said:
Second, John 1:1 is not talking about "words" (plural).
Of course it is. ALL through the Scriptures logos singular is used to refer to a BODY of words!! There is NO "One word" that is more important than any of God's OTHER words!! You just hate the plural, because it undermine's your bias.

JR said:
None of the above has anything to do with what I asked.
LOL ... you just didn't LIKE the answer.

JR said:
I think you'll find that, overwhelmingly, his message was FOCUSED on HIMSELF, and not the Father.
Not even remotely. There is NO "overwhelming" topic in Christ's message ..... except possibly "the kingdom". There are MANY verses that summarize his teaching this way;
Matt 9:35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

Matt 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luke 4:43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Luke 8:1 And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,

JR said:
More on that in a bit, but first, in the Old Testament, God's prophets always said, "thus saith the LORD." Yet that phrase is not found in the New Testament.
Jesus is more detailed;

John 12:49-50 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings (logos): and the word (logos) which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

JR said:
It is replaced by Jesus saying, "I say unto you."

In other words, He is speaking as God.
Not at all. He is speaking as the man SENT by God.

JR said:
So, Dart, my next question to you is this.

QUESTION 2: Do you still deny the incarnation of God the Son?
1) There is no such thing as "incarnation".
2) There is no such being as "God the Son".
I believe the Scriptures, not trinitarian/oneness fictions.

Dartman

John 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Mark 1:24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
Isaiah 12
And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

And in that day shall ye say, Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.

Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.

Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.
And your point?

glorydaz

And your point?

My point is to broaden your research to what is relevant.

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.​

The Bible is a book of details. You can't play fast and loose with the details.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is not about Jesus also. Your so short sighted BR.

God is a SPIRIT, Jesus is a MAN. He is a creature, firstborn of all CREATURES. God is not a CREATURE.

Colossians 1:15
(Bishops) Who is the image of the inuisible God, the first borne of all creatures.
(ESV) He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
(Geneva) Who is the image of the inuisible God, the first begotten of euery creature.
(GNB) Christ is the visible likeness of the invisible God. He is the first-born Son, superior to all created things.
(ISV) The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
(KJV) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
(Murdock) who is the likeness of the invisible God, and the first-born of all creatures:
(NAS77) And He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation.
(NASB) He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
(NIrV) Christ is the exact likeness of God, who can't be seen. He is first, and he is over all of creation.
(NIV) The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
(NKJV) He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
(NRSV) He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;
(NRSVA) He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;
(YLT) who is the image of the invisible God, first-born of all creation,

Who is it about Keypurr?

Dartman

Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.​
What does "with" mean in these texts .... which use the same Greek word;

Matt 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Luke 1:66 And all they that heard them laid them up in their hearts, saying, What manner of child shall this be! And the hand of the Lord was with him.

These texts certainly are NOT discussing geographic location .... rather they discusses being aligned with, being supportive, being "on your side", the opposite of "being against".
God proved He was on Israel's side, in fact the entire race of man's side ........ by making Jesus, allowing him to grow up, giving His spirit to Jesus, and then sending Jesus from Nazareth out into the world.

glorydaz said:
The Bible is a book of details.
The Bible is also a book of clear, simple, and direct statements ..... NONE of which are trinitarian/oneness statements.
You can't play fast and loose with the details.

Right Divider

Body part
Of course He sent Jesus into the world, and Jesus tells us WHEN;

Luke 4:16-21 And He came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up; and as was his custom, he entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.
17 And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. And he opened the book and found the place where it was written,
18 "THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND, TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,
19 TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD."
20 And he closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him.
21 And he began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."

And, Jesus tells us that he sent his apostles .... EXACTLY LIKE his God sent him;

John 17:18
As thou didst send me into the world, even so sent I them into the world.

So you are simply wrong.
That is some perverse abuse of scripture. Welcome to my ignore list.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
[

The Bible is also a book of clear, simple, and direct statements ..... NONE of which are trinitarian/oneness statements.

they cannot twist clear, simple and direct statements, so they skip them all.

glorydaz

Matt 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Luke 1:66 And all they that heard them laid them up in their hearts, saying, What manner of child shall this be! And the hand of the Lord was with him.

These texts certainly are NOT discussing geographic location .... rather they discusses being aligned with, being supportive, being "on your side", the opposite of "being against".
God proved He was on Israel's side, in fact the entire race of man's side ........ by making Jesus, allowing him to grow up, giving His spirit to Jesus, and then sending Jesus from Nazareth out into the world.

It was a sign, and you missed it. Talk around the "virgin birth" and explain it away with verses that have nothing to do with the meaning of this prophecy.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.​

Dartman

It was a sign, and you missed it. Talk around the "virgin birth" and explain it away with verses that have nothing to do with the meaning of this prophecy.
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.​
That's a different subject. WE were discussing the MEANING of Emmanuel..... not the virgin birth. Yes, the virgin birth IS a sign from Jehovah/YHVH God;
Matt 1:22-23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

That sign proved that God is NOT "against" us, He is WITH us.

glorydaz

That's a different subject. WE were discussing the MEANING of Emmanuel..... not the virgin birth. Yes, the virgin birth IS a sign from Jehovah/YHVH God;
Matt 1:22-23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

That sign proved that God is NOT "against" us, He is WITH us.

No, the sign is the virgin birth.

Dartman

No, the sign is the virgin birth.
Not the point.
We agree the sign is the virgin birth.

WE were discussing the MEANING of Emmanuel..... God is NOT "against" us, He is WITH us.

Apple7

WE were discussing the MEANING of Emmanuel..... God is NOT "against" us, He is WITH us.

STRONGS NT 1694: Ἐμμανουήλ

Ἐμμανουήλ, ὁ, Immanuel (from עִמָּנוּ and אֵל; God with us), equivalent to savior, a name given to Christ by Matthew, Matthew 1:23, after Isaiah 7:14. According to the orthodox interpretation the name denotes the same as θεανθρωπος, and has reference to the personal union of the human nature and the divine in Christ. (See BB. DD. under the word.)

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned

Ἐμμανουήλ, ὁ, Immanuel (from עִמָּנוּ and אֵל; God with us), equivalent to savior, a name given to Christ by Matthew, Matthew 1:23, after Isaiah 7:14. According to the orthodox interpretation the name denotes the same as θεανθρωπος, and has reference to the personal union of the human nature and the divine in Christ. (See BB. DD. under the word.)
The name is given to the event of the Christ's birth, not Jesus, who's real name is Jesus/Iyesous. And they shall call [the event] Immanuel which means With us, is God.

glorydaz

Not the point.
We agree the sign is the virgin birth.

Cool, I love these games.

Genesis 7:7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.

Genesis 8:1 And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters assuaged;

Daniel 4:32 And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

Galatians 4:18 But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.

Dartman

This isn't Scripture, it's an opinion. I don't agree with this opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.