Denominations

CherubRam

Ok I know that this is a very complex topic and Christianity has a lot of denominations but as an attempt to simplify it, is it safe to say that Christians can be divided into two categories (before dividing them more), those that believe in the Protestant reformation and those that don’t?
Is It safe to say that those that don’t are some form of catholic?

If you were to create a tree diagram with Christianity in top, what would the next branch be? For me, it would be Protestant reformation vs catholic.

There are two types of Christians, those who join Paganism and other such things, and those who don't. The very first Gentile converts were called "converts to Judaism," and Judaizers; even before they were called Christians.

CherubRam

[a]

[The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have verses 9–20.]

9 When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons. 10 She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping. 11 When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it.

12 Afterward Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking in the country. 13 These returned and reported it to the rest; but they did not believe them either.

14 Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.

15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

19 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. 20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

Footnotes:

Mark 16:8 Some manuscripts have the following ending between verses 8 and 9, and one manuscript has it after verse 8 (omitting verses 9-20): Then they quickly reported all these instructions to those around Peter. After this, Jesus himself also sent out through them from east to west the sacred and imperishable proclamation of eternal salvation. Amen.

CherubRam

Nonsense.

Judaize Galatians 2:14

YLT
Galatians 2:14
But when I saw that they are not walking uprightly to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before all, `If thou, being a Jew, in the manner of the nations dost live, and not in the manner of the Jews, how the nations dost thou compel to Judaize?

My translation
Galatians 2:14
But when I saw that they were not walking uprightly according to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before everyone, If you, being a Jew live in the manner of the nations, and not in the manner of the Jews, then how will you compel the nations to Judaize?

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Sabbath Judaizers [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The Council of Laodicea of around 365 AD decreed 59 laws, #29:
"Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honoring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ."

Pisidian Antioch in the Roman Empire
Acts 13
13 From Paphos, Paul and his companions sailed to Perga in Pamphylia, where John left them to return to Jerusalem. 14 From Perga they went on to Pisidian Antioch. On the Sabbath they entered the synagogue and sat down. 15 After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the leaders of the synagogue sent word to them, saying, “Brothers, if you have a word of exhortation for the people, please speak.”16 Standing up, Paul motioned with his hand and said: “Fellow Israelites and you Gentiles who worship God, listen to me!

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.
46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

The first Gentile converts kept the Sabbath, and so therefore it was not an issue.

The biblical term "proselyte" is an anglicization of the Koine Greek term προσήλυτος/proselytos, as used in the Greek Old Testament for "stranger", i.e. a "newcomer to Israel"; a "sojourner in the land", and in the Greek New Testament for a first century convert to Judaism, generally from Ancient Greek religion. It is a translation of the Biblical Hebrew phrase [/FONT][FONT=&quot]גר[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]תושב[/FONT][FONT=&quot]/ ger toshav.

Judaize

YLT

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galatians 2:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But when I saw that they are not walking uprightly to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before all, `If thou, being a Jew, in the manner of the nations dost live, and not in the manner of the Jews, how the nations dost thou compel to Judaize?

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galatians 2:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But when I saw that they were not walking uprightly according to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before everyone, If you, being a Jew live in the manner of the nations, and not in the manner of the Jews, then how will you compel the nations to Judaize?[/FONT]

CherubRam

Acts 11:26
and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

musterion

are you sure? i remember Jesus teaching the opposite. when Peter fell in the water, Jesus didnt pat him on the back telling him walking on water is only for the Christ, He said he had to have greater faith. that went the same for all those in His circle, He expected them to do what He did.

Prove you can do all that He did and we'll listen.

jaybird

Prove you can do all that He did and we'll listen.

its not about me its about what Jesus taught. did Jesus teach these things or not?

i agree that its hard to do. IMO its so hard because the church has fallen away and the culture is very materialistic. the world is also evil but its always been evil.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
its not about me its about what Jesus taught. did Jesus teach these things or not?

i agree that its hard to do. IMO its so hard because the church has fallen away and the culture is very materialistic. the world is also evil but its always been evil.

You are so right. Jesus' teachings are simple yet difficult to practice if we don't honor Him.

You are only a messenger, and a good one.:)

musterion

its not about me its about what Jesus taught.

You darn well make it about you when you blather on about doing all that He did, and no one ever does because no one can.

did Jesus teach these things or not?

Yes, but he was not talking to you or me.

i agree that its hard to do.

Shouldn't BE hard to do if it's God's will for you. You should be DOING IT, not talking about it. Fact is, you can't. I can't. No one can. His calling for the Body is on a higher plane, as He revealed through Paul.

IMO its so hard because the church has fallen away and the culture is very materialistic.

That's not why these things aren't happening even among those who lie and say they are.

the world is also evil but its always been evil.

Exactly--it's not about the world getting in God's way. There's another reason, the biblical one.

jaybird

You darn well make it about you when you blather on about doing all that He did, and no one ever does because no one can.
none ever does because they are so indoctrinated with man made theology.

Yes, but he was not talking to you or me.
i couldnt disagree more, His teachings were for all believers

Shouldn't BE hard to do if it's God's will for you. You should be DOING IT, not talking about it. Fact is, you can't. I can't. No one can. His calling for the Body is on a higher plane, as He revealed through Paul.
if one had the faith Jesus taught they could, Peter walked on water, yes he sank but he still walked and he was not Jesus, but he believed.

That's not why these things aren't happening even among those who lie and say they are.

Exactly--it's not about the world getting in God's way. There's another reason, the biblical one.

the bible says many times the world is full of evil. this world is not our goal its the other world.

musterion

none ever does because they are so indoctrinated with man made theology.

i couldnt disagree more, His teachings were for all believers

if one had the faith Jesus taught they could, Peter walked on water, yes he sank but he still walked and he was not Jesus, but he believed.

the bible says many times the world is full of evil. this world is not our goal its the other world.

Post video of you walking on water or healing a lost eye.