Dems are trying to steal the election with voter fraud

marke

Sure we do but those rules have to have basis in common sense and logic, as we have now for the most part at least. There are rightfully laws against any form of violent assault, violation etc that hardly need explaining further. Draconian laws of times past that included the acceptance of owning people as slaves and segregating people based on skin colour have been kicked into touch. That's progress, regrettable though such had to be made but progress nonetheless. You have rights that other people in oppressive countries and regimes around the world simply do not have as do I. I'm grateful for that even if I have significant cynicism where it comes to politics in general. It's still a whole load better than a generation ago and that's something to be glad about.
Draconian laws of the present protect the bloody senseless violent murder of innocent babies still developing in the womb. Draconian laws in the present make it impossible to secure elections against fraud. Draconian laws in the present make it a crime to believe God about the sin of homosexuality, and so forth.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
America as you "knew it" is how old exactly? Thirty or so years?

I used "we" because I wasn't speaking from personal experience, but rather I was speaking based on an objective view of history.

The America you have and have had recently is far preferable to how it was centuries past

America has only existed for 2.5 centuries (roughly).

And one only has to go back 100 years or so to find a nation that is much more focused on God.

where slavery was in existence

Slavery still exists today, just in a different form.

and persecution was rife, even relatively recently with the likes of segregation laws in place etc.

Plenty of segregation and persecution going on these days, if you haven't noticed.

America as with plenty other countries including my own is a lot freer than it used to be in darker and more ignorant times.

Both America and Britain are in pretty dark times right now, in case you haven't noticed, and certainly not as free as 100 years ago.

This whole "sky falling in" & "America is dead" mentality is an unfunny joke in essence.

Except it's not a joke.

You have way more freedom in the present than you would have had in times past

Not really.

And the freedoms we have are quickly being eroded away.

and ironically you're a poster here who would infringe on people's liberties and freedom if you had your preference for America become reality.

And now you're making it personal, and it's ALMOST thread stalking.

Gotta laugh at that albeit in a cynical way.

We'll see who has the last laugh at the collapse of modern society.

Arthur Brain

I used "we" because I wasn't speaking from personal experience, but rather I was speaking based on an objective view of history.

America has only existed for 2.5 centuries (roughly).

And one only has to go back 100 years or so to find a nation that is much more focused on God.

Slavery still exists today, just in a different form.

Plenty of segregation and persecution going on these days, if you haven't noticed.

Both America and Britain are in pretty dark times right now, in case you haven't noticed, and certainly not as free as 100 years ago.

Except it's not a joke.

Not really.

And the freedoms we have are quickly being eroded away.

And now you're making it personal, and it's ALMOST thread stalking.

We'll see who has the last laugh at the collapse of modern society.
Hmm, to say that we are not as free as a century ago is just nonsensical, it really is. We're much more free. Obvious examples being black people being able to sit on a bus without being expected to give up their seat and being able to use the same restrooms as white folk. Homosexuals being able to live without fear of persecution and jail. Women being allowed to vote and not expected to be tied to the kitchen sink.

You talk about 'dark times' without, frankly, having a clue IMO. You want to be glad you actually live in a time where the luxuries we have in the present certainly weren't available to previous generations - those who struggled during the depression and lived through war etc.

Your freedoms are not being 'eroded away'. You're free to air your views on places like this, believe as you see fit without fear of persecution, incarceration or worse, something that people in other countries don't have.

If you consider that it's 'making it personal' to observe that your public sentiments regarding your ideal of how society should be governed would curtail many of the freedoms and liberties we currently have then that's a bit weak isn't it? If I espouse views on here and you pick up on them I don't consider it personal if you bring them up in a debate if it's on point. It's fair game AFAIC. We've both got thick enough skins haven't we? If I'd called you a "retard" or similar trolling then fair enough but I don't go in for that as you well know. Oh, and btw, it isn't even close to anything resembling 'thread stalking' or any form of stalking frankly. That comprises of continual harassment of another member, something I don't condone in any way and have never been guilty of either here or any other forum.

Modern society has it's problems and unfortunately there's still prejudice, racism and other negatives that exist. Nobody's arguing that it's perfect or that it doesn't have some way to go but it's way better than in dark ages gone past.

Arthur Brain

And that’s what @JudgeRightly was talking about. We have rights that are slipping away, because there are people in power here that do not recognize good laws from bad anymore. We had the opportunity, and at one time strove to help, other countries to have those rights, because they came from, and only come from, God. But when God is dismissed from a society, as we have done, dismissed from halls of justice, as we have done, and dismissed from academia, as we have done, He leaves, and those rights that are given by Him are no longer recognized.
What rights do you believe are 'slipping away' exactly? What laws do you have a problem with? You have the freedom to believe as you want without persecution don't you? Other people don't, not without risk of harm and injustice. Your post seems entirely subjective without actual clarification.

marke

What rights do you believe are 'slipping away' exactly? What laws do you have a problem with? You have the freedom to believe as you want without persecution don't you? Other people don't, not without risk of harm and injustice. Your post seems entirely subjective without actual clarification.
We are losing the right to secure elections against voter fraud, and democrats are not helping because democrats do not want securities against voter fraud.

Derf

I’m being threatened with the loss of my job if I don’t agree to lie about someone’s gender. That’s a loss of my freedom in order support someone else’s perversion.

Arthur Brain

I’m being threatened with the loss of my job if I don’t agree to lie about someone’s gender. That’s a loss of my freedom in order support someone else’s perversion.
Is this regarding someone who is transgender? I don't agree that you should be threatened with the loss of your job but the workplace isn't the arena for contentious issues really. If you're being issued with some sort of ultimatum that you have to acknowledge something publicly in order to retain your job then that isn't right and I'm against that for sure.

Derf

Is this regarding someone who is transgender? I don't agree that you should be threatened with the loss of your job but the workplace isn't the arena for contentious issues really. If you're being issued with some sort of ultimatum that you have to acknowledge something publicly in order to retain your job then that isn't right and I'm against that for sure.
Then you would agree it’s a loss of freedom?

Arthur Brain

Depends. There are rules in the workplace and certain things aren't deemed acceptable and that's across the board. For example, homophobia isn't tolerated so if an employee calls a co-worker a faggot or other derogatory terms then it's a disciplinary offence. It also cuts the other way. If someone were to harass you for your faith then you'd be equally within your rights to call them on it.

Arthur Brain

Just to try and clarify things further from my perspective so here's an analogy that may - or more probably won't but I'm going to persist with it anyway - help.

If I was an employer and my attention was brought to someone harassing a fellow employee for being gay in whatever form that might take then said offender would be hauled into my office and told in no uncertain terms to pack it in, possibly be sacked on the spot depending on how egregious the offences were and if still employed be under no illusion that any similar recurrence would result in their being give the boot.

Now, if my attention was brought to someone harassing a fellow employee for having Christian faith then the exact same measures would apply.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
We used to have the freedom to call deranged people, deranged. We used to have the freedom to call perverted people, perverts.
We are on the verge of losing the freedom to call pedophiles, pedophiles.

marke

God has commanded Christians to be salt and light in the workplace, not in the church. The heathen do not want Christians witnessing for Christ and standing on Biblical convictions in public but that is just too bad.

marke

Depends. There are rules in the workplace and certain things aren't deemed acceptable and that's across the board. For example, homophobia isn't tolerated so if an employee calls a co-worker a faggot or other derogatory terms then it's a disciplinary offence. It also cuts the other way. If someone were to harass you for your faith then you'd be equally within your rights to call them on it.
There are human rules and then there are God's rules. If human rules contradict God then those rules are illegitimate.

marke

Just to try and clarify things further from my perspective so here's an analogy that may - or more probably won't but I'm going to persist with it anyway - help.

If I was an employer and my attention was brought to someone harassing a fellow employee for being gay in whatever form that might take then said offender would be hauled into my office and told in no uncertain terms to pack it in, possibly be sacked on the spot depending on how egregious the offences were and if still employed be under no illusion that any similar recurrence would result in their being give the boot.

Now, if my attention was brought to someone harassing a fellow employee for having Christian faith then the exact same measures would apply.
If two people argue about gay rights in the workplace then sacking the worker on God's side is a very dangerous thing to do and should be done with great care and trepidation, calling on God for wisdom before doing the wrong thing.