Day Of Rest

clefty

I said
lolol You haven't said one thing that can remotely fit in scripture. You never answer any questions. You run a camouflage and change the subject when I ask you about your denominational standing. Your an idiot when it comes to scripture. What are you and why are you here????????

This scripture is talking about the old testament, not Christ.

Acts 15:10
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(NKJ)

Yahushua has His own yoke He offers...it's light not a burden...

Except maybe for you...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yahushua has His own yoke He offers...it's light not a burden...

Except maybe for you...

I said
lolol You are the great deceiver. Change the subject, avoid honesty. You are an antichrist. You deny Jesus as the Son of God. You deny Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Do you know that a Christian is NOT allowed to keep any part of the old testament. Jesus changed the covenant, changed the law, and annulled the commandments.

John 10:1-2
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)
Shalom!

In Matthew 5:17-20 we read that Yeshua, Jesus, did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Romans 9
6 It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7 Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” 8 In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring.

Gentiles are a Grafted Branch into Israel.

Shalom.

Where does the Bible talk about being grafted in? That is what you need to look at, what we need to be looking at.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom!

In Matthew 5:17-20 we read that Yeshua, Jesus, did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
He didn't abolish the law. He did make a stronger law that overrides the old testament law. Based on better promises.

Heb 8:6-7
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
He didn't abolish the law. He did make a stronger law that overrides the old testament law. Based on better promises.
Shalom.

Yes. Well, a change was made. But the new covenant is God's law written upon hearts and minds. It is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah and came in Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Messiah). It is not an erasing of God's law. It does not annul the law. It does not abolish the law.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Yes. Well, a change was made. But the new covenant is God's law written upon hearts and minds. It is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah and came in Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Messiah). It is not an erasing of God's law. It does not annul the law. It does not abolish the law.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
No it doesn't abolish the old testament law. But it does override the old testament law. And only for those who live by it.

Heb 8:7
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
(NKJ)
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]The Grafted Branch of Israel. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yahshua said we are a grafted BRANCH into Israel; that means that Christians are now Israel in the new covenant. The elect have become the seed of Abraham by election and not birth. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 31:31 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"The time is coming", declares the Lord, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel." See also: Gen 35:10-11, Ex 20:8-10, Lev 19:34, Isa 9:3, Isa 26:15, Isa 44:5, Isa 46:13, Isa 56:3-6-8, Isa 62:2, Isa 65:15, and the examples go on. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 1:12[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- "sons of God" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 11:52[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- "gathering together in one the children of God." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rom 8:14-16[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- "are the children of God" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2Cr 6:18[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- "shall be my sons and daughters" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gal 4:5-7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- "heir of God through Christ" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1John 3:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- "we should be called sons of God." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rom 9:6-7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- "they are not all Israel, which are of Israel" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gal 4:25-30[/FONT][FONT=&quot].."are the children of promise" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gal 3:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot].."which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gal 3:29[/FONT][FONT=&quot].."And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2Cr 6:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot].."I will be their God and they shall be my people." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eph 2:12-19[/FONT][FONT=&quot].."That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, (enmity means hostility) [even / toward] the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of [twain / us] one new man, so making peace; [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the [cross / stake], having slain the enmity (hostility) thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were far away, and to them that were near. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1Peter 2:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, and holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Which in time past (were not) a people, but (are now) the people of God: which hand not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 17:22[/FONT][FONT=&quot].."And the glory which you gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one." [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]• Isaiah 4:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[ The Branch of the LORD ] In that day the Branch of the LORD will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel.

• Isaiah 11:1

[ The Branch From Jesse ] A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

• Jeremiah 23:5

“The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land.

• Jeremiah 33:15
“‘In those days and at that time I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David’s line; he will do what is just and right in the land.

• Zechariah 3:8
“‘Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch.

• Zechariah 6:12
Tell him this is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the LORD.

• John 15:1
[ The Vine and the Branches ] “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.

• John 15:2
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

• John 15:4
Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

• John 15:5
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

• John 15:6
If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

• Romans 11:11
[ Ingrafted Branches ] Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

• Romans 11:16
If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

• Romans 11:17
If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root,

• Romans 11:18
do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.

• Romans 11:19
You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.”

• Romans 11:21
For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

• Romans 11:24
After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree![/FONT]

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your first verse is a sin. All pride is a sin old testament and new.

Isa 4:2
2 In that day the Branch of the LORD shall be beautiful and glorious; and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and appealing for those of Israel who have escaped.
(NKJ)

CherubRam

2 In that day the Branch of the LORD shall be beautiful and glorious; and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and appealing for those of Israel who have escaped.
(NKJ)

Yahshua is the Branch of Yahwah. Zechariah 6:12
Tell him this is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the LORD.

CherubRam

(NKJ)
I do not know of what sin you are speaking of.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yahshua is the Branch of Yahwah. Zechariah 6:12

I said

Zech 6:11-12
11 "Take the silver and gold, make an elaborate crown, and set it on the head of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest.
12 "Then speak to him, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, saying: "Behold, the Man whose name is the BRANCH! From His place He shall branch out, and He shall build the temple of the LORD;
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
• Isaiah 4:2
[ The Branch of the LORD ] In that day the Branch of the LORD will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel.

I do not know of what sin you are speaking of.

I said
Read the verse. It uses pride, and pride is a sin in the old testament and new testament. That verse is taken from a false doctrine.

1 Tim 4:1-2

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
(NKJ)

CherubRam

• Isaiah 4:2

I said
Read the verse. It uses pride, and pride is a sin in the old testament and new testament. That verse is taken from a false doctrine.

1 Tim 4:1-2

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
(NKJ)

Pride
noun: pride; plural noun: prides
A feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.
"the team was bursting with pride after recording a sensational victory"

Synonyms: pleasure, joy, delight, gratification, fulfillment, satisfaction, a sense of achievement "take pride in a good job well done"

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Pride
noun: pride; plural noun: prides
A feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.
"the team was bursting with pride after recording a sensational victory"

Synonyms: pleasure, joy, delight, gratification, fulfillment, satisfaction, a sense of achievement "take pride in a good job well done"

I said
PRIDE
Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Matt 12:37
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
I Jn 2:16
16 For all that is in the world-- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-- is not of the Father but is of the world.
Mark 7:6-7
6 He answered and said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
7 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'
Mark 7:9
9 And He said to them, "All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.
Mark 7:20-23
20 And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.
21 "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 "thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
23 "All these evil things come from within and defile a man."
John 8:54
54 Jesus answered, "If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God.
John 8:50
50 "And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges.
Phil 2:3
3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
Luke 18:9
9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
1 Tim 6:3-4
3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness,
4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions,
Rom 14:22
22 Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
Luke 16:15
15 And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
2 Cor 10:12
12 For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
2 Cor 10:17-18
17 But "he who glories, let him glory in the Lord."
18 For not he who commends himself is approved, but whom the Lord commends.
1 Tim 3:6
6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil.
Rom 9:8
8 That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.
James 3:14-17
14 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth.
15 This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.
16 For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
John 12:25
25 "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
James 4:6
6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
1 Pet 1:24-25
24 because "All flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls away,
25 But the word of the Lord endures forever." Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.
Luke 9:47-48
47 And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a little child and set him by Him,
48 and said to them, "Whoever receives this little child in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me receives Him who sent Me. For he who is least among you all will be great."
2 Cor 1:9
9 Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead,
James 4:16
16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
1 Cor 4:7
7 For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?
(NKJ) EXAMPLE

Luke 22:33-34
33 But he said to Him, "Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death."
34 Then He said, "I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me."
Matt 18:3
3 and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
Luke 18:9-14
9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11 "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men-- extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
12 'I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
13 "And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
Matt 6:24
24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
Matt 19:16-17
16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, "Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?"
17 So He said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments."
1 Tim 2:8-11
8 I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting;
9 in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing,
10 but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works.
11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission.
(NKJ)

Matt 12:34
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
(NKJ)

Matt 12:36-37
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

1 Cor 4:7
7 For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
No it doesn't abolish the old testament law. But it does override the old testament law. And only for those who live by it.

Heb 8:7
(NKJ)
Shalom.

What is not faultless, or what is being identified here, about the covenant or the old covenant? I know that the people broke the covenant. I would not say that the covenant was in any way a fault of God or that it had a fault as God gave it to the people. They were the ones that were at fault. We transgressed the covenant, and God saw need for a new covenant as a result of this. It is not as if God did not understand human frailty. It is that the people chose to disobey God. And thus, we transgressed His covenant.

Shalom.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

What is not faultless, or what is being identified here, about the covenant or the old covenant? I know that the people broke the covenant. I would not say that the covenant was in any way a fault of God or that it had a fault as God gave it to the people. They were the ones that were at fault. We transgressed the covenant, and God saw need for a new covenant as a result of this. It is not as if God did not understand human frailty. It is that the people chose to disobey God. And thus, we transgressed His covenant.

Shalom.

I said
Ok, and