David will have a descendant sitting on the throne of Israel forever.

beameup

For unto us a child is born, unto us a SON is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father [אָב ʼâb], The Prince of Peace. - Isaiah 9:6

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the Throne of David, and upon His Kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of YHWH of hosts will perform this. - Isaiah 9:7

God's Truth

For unto us a child is born, unto us a SON is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father [אָב ʼâb], The Prince of Peace. - Isaiah 9:6

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the Throne of David, and upon His Kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of YHWH of hosts will perform this. - Isaiah 9:7

The throne of David is a throne over Israel. Jesus is on the throne over Israel now, and over the whole Universe.

God's Truth

Yes, Scriptural.

No, not Scriptural.

Yes, Scriptural.

How do you ever get that Jesus is over everyone and everything except Israel?

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

Jesus is above EVERY NAME.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In that day Judah will be saved,
and Jerusalem will live in safety.
And this will be Jerusalem's name:
The LORD Is Our Righteousness.’

For this is what the LORD says: David
will have a descendant sitting on the
throne of Israel forever

And there will always be Levitical priests to offer
burnt offerings and grain offerings and sacrifices to me.”

Jeremiah 33:16-18

I don't understand, but thank you for sharing this from Jeremiah with me. I can read well enough. I understand what I read for what I read. I am not certain of your message. And I believe Yeshua (Jesus) is King. The new covenant came 2000 years ago. Is what you are saying according to an understanding of what will happen when? I believe Messiah Yeshua is David, but I don't have anything in the realm of end times worked out... I have shied away from these things, realizing after Jesus died they were in the (or spoke of these) last days.

In Daniel we see that the city Jerusalem would be rebuilt. The wall and the temple were rebuilt after their destruction and the 70 year exile in Babylon that Daniel learned about from, likely, READING the prophet Jeremiah. In any case, it was Jeremiah who knew before the prophet Daniel. Is this what Daniel was speaking of? What about was he (Daniel) speaking of the coming of Messiah Yeshua? After which the second temple was destroyed (in AD 70). I don't believe we have seen Ezekiel's temple yet. But you are talking about Judah, Jerusalem, Jerusalem's name, David having a descendant sitting on the throne of Israel forever, and the Levitical priests (there will always be Levitical priests to offer), burnt offerings and grain offerings and sacrifices. I am of Israel and possibly of Levi, but I was born a Gentile and as a Christian converted to Judaism while retaining my identity as a Christian (I am a convert to Judaism, and a born again Christian). I believe the new covenant for the house of Israel and the house of Judah came in Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
How do you ever get that Jesus is over everyone and everything except Israel?

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

Jesus is above EVERY NAME.

How do you ever get that the Lord Jesus is presently reigning on David's throne over Israel?

Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Act 3:12 Ye men of Israel.....
Act 3:19 Repent .....
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

God's Truth

How do you ever get that the Lord Jesus is presently reigning on David's throne over Israel?

…because I gave you scripture that says that God exalted him to the highest place above every name, and that includes the name ‘Israel’.

Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

It is NOT ISRAEL.

Just because you do not see all things under his feet does not mean they are not under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. Jesus is going to destroy physical death for us, but he HAS ALREADY DESTROYED IT FOR HE has risen from the dead.

1 Corinthians 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

That is about the Great White Throne Judgment.
That is the last judgment, it is at the resurrection, and it is when people will be thrown into the lake of fire. After all that, Jesus will hand over the kingdom to the Father.
Where do you ever get that the throne in the clouds is a throne on this earth that will pass away?

beameup

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him near before him.
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a KINGDOM, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him:
his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his KINGDOM that which shall not be destroyed.

Daniel 7:13-14

Ben Masada

How about Emmanuel spoken of in Isaiah 8:8? Whom was Isaiah speaking about if not Judah whom he referred to by name in that verse? That's the son of the virgin Israel according to Amos 5:2. "The virgin Israel is fallen." That's when the Lord rejected Israel the Ten Tribes and confirmed Judah to remain as a People before the Lord forever.(Ezekiel 37:22)