David will have a descendant sitting on the throne of Israel forever.

God's Truth

Extreme detail is given in Ezekiel chapters 40-48, of the physical Temple in Jerusalem where Yeshua Messiah will establish his Throne. Nine entire chapters in the Word of God is devoted to this subject! This is not "symbolic" language or some sort of "dream" or "vision", it is a LITERAL TEMPLE.

The bodies of the saved are literal temples.

Tell me, what is better, an earthy temple built of earthly things or a human body?

1 Corinthians 3:16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst?

beameup

The bodies of the saved are literal temples.

Tell me, what is better, an earthy temple built of earthly things or a human body?

1 Corinthians 3:16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst?

I didn't write the Old Testament, God wrote the Old Testament.
It is what it is. I don't question the Creator's motives.
I don't call God a liar and untrustworthy to his Word.

Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the Throne of David, and upon his Kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. - Isa 9:7

God's Truth

I didn't write the Old Testament, God wrote the Old Testament.
It is what it is. I don't question the Creator's motives.
I don't call God a liar and untrustworthy to his Word.

God says the old law was a teaching tool, a shadow of what was coming, a shadow of Jesus Christ.

We do not need teaching tools anymore and a shadow is not the reality.

beameup

God says the old law was a teaching tool, a shadow of what was coming, a shadow of Jesus Christ.

We do not need teaching tools anymore and a shadow is not the reality.

Luke 1:32 - "He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the Throne of his father David And he shall reign over the House of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."
You are accusing God of lying to Jesus' mother Mary.
You do understand that you accuse God of being a liar, don't you?

beameup

And in the days of these kings, the God of heaven shall set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever. - Daniel 2:44

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a Kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
- Daniel 7:13-14

David's Kingdom, The KINGDOM over all the earth, shall be given to the "Son of man"

God's Truth

Luke 1:32 - "He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the Throne of his father David And he shall reign over the House of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."
You are accusing God of lying to Jesus' mother Mary.
You do understand that you accuse God of being a liar, don't you?

You are a false accuser.

Jesus is not going to give up the Highest throne there is for an earthy throne on this earth in a temple built by human hands.

Jesus is ruling now from heaven.

God's Truth

And in the days of these kings, the God of heaven shall set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever. - Daniel 2:44

How do you ever get that this is about earthy land and a man made temple?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is the seed of David according to the flesh and the fulfillment of the promises no matter how that came about, according to the Bible--

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

LA

Still true.

Followed at His return by--

Psa 72:4 He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.
Psa 72:5 They shall fear thee as long as the sun and moon endure, throughout all generations.
Psa 72:6 He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth.
Psa 72:7 In his days shall the righteous flourish; and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth.
Psa 72:8 He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from the river unto the ends of the earth.
Psa 72:9 They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him; and his enemies shall lick the dust.
Psa 72:10 The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall bring presents: the kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.
Psa 72:11 Yea, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him.
Psa 72:12 For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper.
Psa 72:13 He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy.
Psa 72:14 He shall redeem their soul from deceit and violence: and precious shall their blood be in his sight.
Psa 72:15 And he shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: prayer also shall be made for him continually; and daily shall he be praised.
Psa 72:16 There shall be an handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: and they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.
Psa 72:17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.

LA

beameup

We have to obey God. That is what that means.

Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry,
and you perish in the way,
For His wrath may soon be kindled.
How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!
- Psalm 2:12

He who has the Son has life; he who does not
have the Son of God does not have life.
- 1 Jn 5:12

beameup

How do you ever get that this is about earthy land and a man made temple?

Yet have I set my King upon my Holy Hill of Zion.
I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me,
Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance,
and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt
dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way,
when his wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
Psalm 2:6-12

Last edited:

God's Truth

Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry,
and you perish in the way,
For His wrath may soon be kindled.
How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!
- Psalm 2:12

He who has the Son has life; he who does not
have the Son of God does not have life.
- 1 Jn 5:12

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

God's Truth

The Old Testament was about earthy man, and earthly things. See Romans 7:4-6.
The New Testament is about the spiritual. See John 6:63.
The Old Testament was prophecies about what was coming. See Romans 16:26.
The New Testament is prophecies fulfilled, and revelations revealed about the spiritual. See Ephesians 6:19.

chair

Exodus 4:22

I am really really sorry about this, but when God refers to someone being his Son in the Hebrew Bible, it is not Jesus.

God's Truth

Exodus 4:22

I am really really sorry about this, but when God refers to someone being his Son in the Hebrew Bible, it is not Jesus.

It is about Jesus. Jesus says ALL the Prophets spoke about HIM.

And beginning with Moses and with all the prophets He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures (Luke 24:27).

Jesus said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44). He said, "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote of Me" (John 5:46).

Luke 22:37
It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 17:4
I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.

John 19:30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ should suffer,He has thus fulfilled (Acts 3:18).

chair

It is about Jesus. Jesus says ALL the Prophets spoke about HIM.

And beginning with Moses and with all the prophets He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures (Luke 24:27).

Jesus said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44). He said, "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote of Me" (John 5:46).

Luke 22:37
It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 17:4
I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.

John 19:30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

But the things which God announced beforehand by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ should suffer,He has thus fulfilled (Acts 3:18).

This isn't convincing to a non-Christian, to put it mildly. It shouldn't even make sense to Christians. Not everything in the Hebrew Bible is about Jesus. If God calls the children of Israel his "son", in the context of the Exodus, he is talking about the children of Israel. It really isn't complicated.

God's Truth

This isn't convincing to a non-Christian, to put it mildly. It shouldn't even make sense to Christians. Not everything in the Hebrew Bible is about Jesus. If God calls the children of Israel his "son", in the context of the Exodus, he is talking about the children of Israel. It really isn't complicated.

The whole Bible is about Jesus. Jesus is love. The whole Bible is about how to love.

beameup

I am really really sorry about this, but when God refers to someone being his Son in the Hebrew Bible, it is not always about Jesus (Yeshua).
There, I fixed it.

And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob [ie: Israel], saith YHWH. - Isaiah 59:20

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know YHWH: for they shall all know ME, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith YHWH: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember THEIR SIN no more. - Jeremiah 31:34

Help is on the way...

Last edited:

chair

The whole Bible is about Jesus. Jesus is love. The whole Bible is about how to love.

You can believe that, if you like. But it doesn't change the fact that beameup is misinterpreting words in the Bible. "My son" does not literally mean "my actual physical son".