Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

I have more respect for these creationists than I do for your attempts to discredit them
so
are you that insecure in your beliefs that attacking theirs somehow validates yours?
That's all very interesting but what has that to do with when the Bible was compiled?
Shall I assume there is no dispute about that?
Perhaps you just feel the need to take a hopeful pot-shot at my insecurities to cover your own? :think:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That's all very interesting but what has that to do with when the Bible was compiled?
Shall I assume there is no dispute about that?
Perhaps you just feel the need to take a hopeful pot-shot at my insecurities to cover your own? :think:

you are the one who took a cheap shot about the bible

it doesn't matter when or how the bible became the bible
the only thing that matters
is
it is God's word
which
gives them a reason to believe
and
that threatens you

you have no reason

alwight

That's not even an answer. The fact is, humans and chimps share a number of identical ERV sequences in the same locations, even though ERV insertion is random. So exactly what is the "creationist interpretation"? It's just a coincidence?
I think I asked him that too, 2 years ago and don't seem to recall any particularly enlightening answer. :plain:

alwight

you are the one who took a cheap shot about the bible

it doesn't matter when or how the bible became the bible
the only thing that matters
is
it is God's word
which
gives them a reason to believe
and
that threatens you

you have no reason
It was either an accurate factual statement or it wasn't, how is that a cheap shot? :think:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
probably?

so your authority is king james?

Dear chrysostom,

My authority is God and Jesus. God put into the mouths of the prophets what should be included in the books of the Bible. If there is a different version of the Bible before King James, then of course I would consider reading it and deciding then. I know that Jesus had the actual book of Isaiah 30 AD or so. He read from it, that scroll. So no, King James is not my authority. The scrolls and books which led to the King James Bible, those are my authority.

God's Best For You!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's not even an answer. The fact is, humans and chimps share a number of identical ERV sequences in the same locations, even though ERV insertion is random. So exactly what is the "creationist interpretation"? It's just a coincidence?

Dear Jose Fly,

It's a fine answer! So big deal. Chimps and humans share some ERV sequences. They share a lot of other things too, but that doesn't make chimps, humans. I'm sure they share some DNA and RNA, and genes, and atoms with us. Yippee!! That just means that God created some creatures similar to each other. That doesn't mean He created them as a descendant of a similar human or chimp. He created humans separate from chimps, or apes, or orangutans, or spider monkeys, whatever, etc. He also created mankind distinctly separate from any chimp ancestors. Go ahead and keep believing in your questionable ideas. That doesn't make humans and chimps the result of some shared ancestor, which I have never believed thus far. It is just convenient for Science to claim it. What else is new? How about Piltdown Man, and Lucy, and Haekel's Whopper??!! Scientific man is just trying so hard to make their assumptions true that they will resort to lying about it all, and then calling it a simple mistake. You know better, Jose Fly, than trying to pass off these ideas of yours. I'm going to have me some ice cream and then probably go to bed. It's almost 4a.m. here. Too late. Will check this out 2morrow. I do appreciate your viewpoint, Jose. I just think you are wrong about certain ideas is all.

God Bless Your Soul,

Michael

:angel: :angel: :cloud9: :cloud9: :rapture: :rapture:

DavisBJ

God is the only reasonable explanation

we know you don't have one
I don’t contest that I don’t believe in God. But I am glad to know that those Shintos who believe in Amaterasu, and those Buddhists who have the God Bosatsu, and those who hold to their God Zeus, and Hermes, and Thor, and Wotan – wow, they all have "a reasonable explanation" for how life started. Thanks very much.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don’t contest that I don’t believe in God. But I am glad to know that those Shintos who believe in Amaterasu, and those Buddhists who have the God Bosatsu, and those who hold to their God Zeus, and Hermes, and Thor, and Wotan – wow, they all have "a reasonable explanation" for how life started. Thanks very much.

there's only one God

you'll learn this soon enough when you're standing before Him

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Yep, according to you, we have slowly evolved from slime over time. That make bunches of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.