Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I review a lot of textbooks. I have yet to see one that claimed Piltdown Man was a human ancestor.

The big problem was that it was the exact opposite of what evolutionary theory predicted. A humanlike jaw with a small cranium would have fit the theory. Instead there was a ape's jaw with a large skull.

Hence the fact that it got such short shrift in so many textbooks. It just didn't fit the theory or the evidence. Which is why it was eventually debunked. No way to make it fit.

noguru

I review a lot of textbooks. I have yet to see one that claimed Piltdown Man was a human ancestor.

The big problem was that it was the exact opposite of what evolutionary theory predicted. A humanlike jaw with a small cranium would have fit the theory. Instead there was a ape's jaw with a large skull.

Hence the fact that it got such short shrift in so many textbooks. It just didn't fit the theory or the evidence. Which is why it was eventually debunked. No way to make it fit.

I am pretty sure 6days is going to hang on to this one till it breaks off in his hand. And then in another couple of months he'll just parade it around again, hoping everyone forgot.

Jose Fly

I am pretty sure 6days is going to hang on to this one till it breaks off in his hand. And then in another couple of months he'll just parade it around again, hoping everyone forgot.

But again....why? No one disputes that Piltdown Man was a hoax. I'm even willing to grant that it was included in some textbooks as being among our relatives.

So what? :idunno:

gcthomas

But again....why? No one disputes that Piltdown Man was a hoax. I'm even willing to grant that it was included in some textbooks as being among our relatives.

Seemingly 6Days thinks that if it is mentioned then by default evolution as a theory is fundamentally dependent on it and therefore broken now that the hoax is exposed.

Idiotic, I know, but if he is busy digging up the old thread he isn't spreading as much stupid around the rest of the site.

noguru

Seemingly 6Days thinks that if it is mentioned then by default evolution as a theory is fundamentally dependent on it and therefore broken now that the hoax is exposed.

Idiotic, I know, but if he is busy digging up the old thread he isn't spreading as much stupid around the rest of the site.

Oh I am sure he'll be back to that soon enough.

Hedshaker

Exactly. I'm having a hard time understanding how this, in any way, advances creationism. Piltdown Man was a hoax but it was the scientific community that exposed the fraud, not creationists...... or am I missing something?

Jose Fly

If 6days' thinking is that the Piltdown hoax casts evolutionary biology, and/or "evolutionists" in a bad light, then he'd better take a closer look at his own house and the extensive history of "Christian artifacts" that have been bought and sold over the centuries.

I remember reading in The Innocents Abroad, Mark Twain joking about there being so many pieces of the "true cross" for sale, the thing must have been gigantic!

Daniel1611

The day I see a non living thing come to life, I will consider evolution. Maybe put a magic top hat on a snowman and maybe it will evolve into something living. Haha. How gullible can someone be to think one animal magically turns into another? Hahaha

seehigh

The day I see a non living thing come to life, I will consider evolution. Maybe put a magic top hat on a snowman and maybe it will evolve into something living. Haha. How gullible can someone be to think one animal magically turns into another? Hahaha
Nothing magical about it. But I got a sneaking suspicion you have no understanding of what evolution actually is.

Daniel1611

Explain how resistance to anti biotics occurs?

It isn't by changing from one species to another. I'm now resistant to chicken pox, but I'm still the same species. It's by a change within an organism. Not by a change from one species to another.

I love how evolutionists go to this example because they have ZERO examples of anyone observing a species changing into another species.

seehigh

It isn't by changing from one species to another. I'm now resistant to chicken pox, but I'm still the same species. It's by a change within an organism. Not by a change from one species to another.

I love how evolutionists go to this example because they have ZERO examples of anyone observing a species changing into another species.
Explain the latest fossil find. Snake, other reptile or amphibian?

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/07/23/a-fossil-snake-with-four-legs/

Daniel1611

No, it obviously has characteristics of both and mammal and either a reptile or a bird.

So what? Explain how it changed from another species. And how it will change to a new one in the future. I get that you believe it did. But how? Not why. How.

seehigh

It changed by evolving. Same as whales evolved from land mammals to aquatic ones. All one has to look is at the bone structure in their

Status
Not open for further replies.