Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Get this through your thick head!! You have no empirical evidence!!!!

Get this through your thick head. Your proclamations do not automatically become accurate.

There is a vast amount of empirical evidence to support all current theoretical models, despite your ignorant protestations. You have no clue about any of this. You do not dictate science. You are just some loser on a web site. Go crawl back under your rock and put a rebel flag up over it.

:rotfl:

rebel-flag.jpg

alwight

Offered!! you say???? An advantage, you say?? And by your guess-timation, it evolved into something greater than itself?? How do you reconcile that nonsense with the second law of thermodynamics, Huh??
It only need be a rational explanation based on the evidence, if it is not then falsify it, there may be a better one perhaps.

The "second law of thermodynamics" applies to closed systems, life on Earth is an open system getting its energy from outside, i.e. the sun.

noguru

It only need be a rational explanation based on the evidence, if it is not then falsify it, there may be a better one perhaps.

The "second law of thermodynamics" applies to closed systems, life on Earth is an open system getting its energy from outside, i.e. the sun.

Oh I would love to hear cross reference's understanding of the second law of thermodynamics. This ought to be real good.

:rotfl:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
6days continues his dishonesty:
‘Yet Gould [Stephen J. Gould—the now deceased professor of paleontology from Harvard University] and the American Museum people are hard to contradict when they say there are no transitional fossils. … You say that I should at least “show a photo of the fossil from which each type of organism was derived.”*I will lay it on the line—there is not one such fossil for which one could make a watertight argument.’

Barbarian observes:
Well, let's take a look again (6days has been repeatedly reminded that what he posted is a lie, but let's show him again):

Since we proposed punctuated equilibria to explain trends,*it is infuriating to be quoted again and again by creationists—whether through design or stupidity, I do not know—as admitting that the fossil record includes no transitional forms. Transitional forms are generally lacking at the species level, but they are abundant between larger groups."
Stephen Jay Gould, Evolution as Fact and Theory, Hen's Teeth and Horse's Toes: Further Reflections in Natural History, New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 1994, p. 260

No matter how many times 6days is reminded, he waits a while and then tries to peddle the same dishonesty again and again.

6days protests:
Waaaaa waaaaa waaaaa

Sorry, a tantrum won't help you. You have been repeatedly shown that Gould never said that there are no transitionals. As you have been shown, Gould has repeatedly asserted that they are abundant. Yet you persist in your dishonest attempts to argue that he said that.

Crocodile tears from the dishonest Barbarian.

You tried something dishonest. You got caught again. Learn from it.

You failed to note I was accurately quoting Colin Patterson who accurately quoted Gould.

It doesn't matter where you found the lie. It's still a lie and you knew it when you presented it. Even honest creationists admit that there are abundant transitionals:

Evidences for Darwin’s second expectation - of stratomorphic intermediate species - include such species as Baragwanathia27 (between rhyniophytes and lycopods), Pikaia28 (between echinoderms and chordates), Purgatorius29 (between the tree shrews and the primates), and Proconsul30 (between the non-hominoid primates and the hominoids). Darwin’s third expectation - of higher-taxon stratomorphic intermediates - has been confirmed by such examples as the mammal-like reptile groups31 between the reptiles and the mammals, and the phenacdontids32 between the horses and their presumed ancestors. Darwin’s fourth expectation - of stratomorphic series - has been confirmed by such examples as the early bird series,33 the tetrapod series,34,35 the whale series,36 the various mammal series of the Cenozoic37 (for example, the horse series, the camel series, the elephant series, the pig series, the titanothere series, etc.), the Cantius and

Plesiadapus primate series,38 and the hominid series.39 Evidence for not just one but for all three of the species level and above types of stratomorphic intermediates expected by macroevolutionary theory is surely strong evidence for macroevolutionary theory. Creationists therefore need to accept this fact. It certainly CANNOT said that traditional creation theory expected (predicted) any of these fossil finds.

http://creation.com/images/pdfs/tj/j09_2/j09_2_216-222.pdf

Cross Reference

Yes, we are all inaccurate at times. The real issue is the methodology for correction. Admitting error, correcting it, and achieving a more accurate view leads away from misinformation, misrepresentation, and deceit. Doing the opposite leads to misinformation, misrepresentation, and deceit.

You are there. So something is drastically amiss in your "methodology", don't you suppose? Rational thinkers would concur.

noguru

I'm at least clever enough to know when I'm being dumb, I hope...

When confronted with evidence that demonstrates my previous inaccuracies, I think it is my duty to myself and all others around me to change that misconception. But it seems that some people base their self esteem on their original claims, no matter how inaccurate those are shown to be, and are therefore incapable of progressing to a more accurate view of reality.

Cross Reference

It is certainly better reason than to accept anything you are proposing regarding science.

Would you also argue that your body is wonderfully made? All its parts working as one to make up the life you experience and by no other means would it be possible than it all come together, every organ complete in itself, to function as it should?

You have explained nothing to make anyone, without agenda, be convinced it had no beginning.

noguru

You are there. So something is drastically amiss in your "methodology", don't you suppose? Rational thinkers would concur.

What is amiss, in your opinion?

How is your methodology superior?

It is ironic that you opted to answer for all other rational thinkers. I guess that means anyone who disagrees with you is irrational, right?

I do like how you used the word concur. Are you trying to cover up for your previously demonstrated ignorance and your inability to admit your errors by using that word?

noguru

Would you also argue that your body is wonderfully made? All its parts working as one to make up the life you experience and by no other means would it be possible than it all come together, every organ complete in itself, to function as it should?

You have explained nothing to make anyone, without agenda, be convinced it had no beginning.

This is another misrepresentation. Please correct your errors and resubmit your query, if you still have one then.

What exactly is your point here?

Are you saying that "evolution proposes that organs would all be incomplete"?

Are you also saying that the chronology of the development of sexual reproduction from asexual reproduction "explains nothing"?

noguru

Yer a real piece of work.

Why not stop playing the moron you accuse others of being.

No. The problem is that you do not understand what is being said. Not that a sufficient explanation is lacking.

I have provided, very clearly, the current model that explains the development from asexual reproduction to sexual reproduction. Your inability to understand does not stop others from understanding. This is exactly why YECs like you are laughed at. You are so smug in your own ignorance and stupidity that you will never realize your error. And science will continue on its path of progress, with or without you.

That is exactly why the current model is the one accepted in science, and people like you are viewed as ignorant cretins who just don't get it.

Cross Reference

What is amiss, in your opinion?

How is your methodology superior?

Because it recognizes the need for a beginning, a staring point that brought everything into existence, a foundation upon which one can build and the mental as well as the physical ability to do so.

It is ironic that you opted to answer for all other rational thinkers. I guess that means anyone who disagrees with you is irrational, right?

Ironic?? I would say it is moronic of you that you don't address the simple truths offered up.

I do like how you used the word concur. Are you trying to cover up for your previously demonstrated ignorance and your inability to admit your errors by using that word?

Why would I wish to cover up that which exposes your silly, unscientific conclusions?

Last edited:

Cross Reference

No. The problem is that you do not understand what is being said. Not that a sufficient explanation is lacking.

I have provided, very clearly, the current model that explains the development from asexual reproduction to sexual reproduction. Your inability to understand does not stop others from understanding. This is exactly why YECs like you are laughed at. You are so smug in your own ignorance and stupidity that you will never realize your error. And science will continue on its path of progress, with or without you.

That is exactly why the current model is the one accepted in science, and people like you are viewed as ignorant cretins who just don't get it.

You have provided zilch. Model, schmodel.

alwight

You need brush up on your history. They replaced aristotolean superstition with the knowledge that God created things with purpose and design. *They fathered many fields of science with the knowledge and belief that purpose and order could be discovered.*
The Enlightenment soon followed in the wake of Newton and modern science, an evolution?
Darwin originally was a creationist but learnt better by being willing to take on new concepts and understanding what the evidence showed. Some alive today seem to think that an ancient scripture trumps science, but thankfully they don't often get to influence or distort genuine science.

alwight

"Committed to unnatural world"?

Again that is inaccurate. But we have gotten use to all your uncorrected inaccuracies.
I'd settle for them just correcting their formatting inaccuracies in their posts, but perhaps they just don't see them either? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.